People exploiting a WQ today

General
1 2 3 16 Next
No mention of what's going on it seems. I'm sure blizzard's logs will see a MASSIVE spike in artifact power earned today though.

Self-Edit/Update:

18/11/2016 21:01Posted by Celibyx
They just confirmed on twitter that they will be removing the AP gained from exploiting the bug.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/799718936031870977
how? which one?
It's still active, so not going to advertise it further, but it involves completing the WQ, redeeming the AP outside the zone and then returning to pick it up again 5 mins later. At AK15 that is well over 10k AP per hand-in - and this has been going on all day now.

I just wish I hadn't even found out. It makes a joke of even trying to level your artifact if no action is taken.
The exploit has been fixed, I've no idea what (if any) action will be taken.

16/11/2016 17:22Posted by Koban
It's still active

No, it's not. Was fixed about 40 minutes ago.
16/11/2016 17:22Posted by Shammoz
The exploit has been fixed, I've no idea what (if any) action will be taken.

It's still active

No, it's not. Was fixed about 40 minutes ago.

Good to hear... Though, still disconcerting it went on for so long.
Remember absurd damage on end of WoD? No action was taken..people abused it so hard and streaming on it....
I just wish I hadn't even found out. It makes a joke of even trying to level your artifact if no action is taken.

lol why? because few people earned couple of 100k AP and maybe they will reach "next" level day or two faster? Get a grip.
well given artifact power past 10 levels adds a fairly big chunk.. might be a bit more then a days worth I have nearly completed my weapon and need 182k.. so those cheaters can complete their weapon.
16/11/2016 18:30Posted by Soltardinka

lol why? because few people earned couple of 100k AP and maybe they will reach "next" level day or two faster? Get a grip.

It's not about the AP alone, it's about the reputation with Nightfallen too. Some people earned exalted with them only from this WQ.
After you logged out the WQ was reset and you could do it again. So this means 10k AP and 250 rep every 2 min (or better), in an hour that's 300k AP and 7500 repuation.
You sound like one of those.
16/11/2016 18:40Posted by Demorion
well given artifact power past 10 levels adds a fairly big chunk.. might be a bit more then a days worth I have nearly completed my weapon and need 182k.. so those cheaters can complete their weapon.

for next trait i need 1.6mil, i earn that in 4-5 days playing normally. For completing your weapon you need 65mil AP.
Of course no action will be taken.
16/11/2016 19:53Posted by Jarancina

I hope they do take action...
Now that it has been fixed, can someone elaborate on what went on, exactly?
There was a WQ that you could do repeatedly for 10k AP each time. People did it over and over again and got huge amount of AP. BLizz should take action. If nothing else, delete the extra AP gained. It was CLEARLY a bug that people abused. No way around it "I didnt know!". If they don't it is a clear sign that we are allowed to exploit bugs. :/
Two of my guildies got banned, one is for 1 the other is for 2 days, in the middle of the timed Karazhan run :D

What was my fault man, feels bad :(
Which quest was it?
16/11/2016 19:53Posted by Jarancina

They did, tons of people just got a 1-2 days ban.
Nice.
A Few have been banned for abusing it.
also those in big pve guilds

people got in some cases over 3 million AP in an hour or so. So yeah, other people are entitled to be pissed off about it.