Do you want to screw new players?

General
10/01/2017 18:20Posted by Furrymagisch
10/01/2017 18:12Posted by Vexenar
Yes, because it's perfectly acceptable for someone who started the expansion 8 months later to be on the same level playing field as someone who started playing the expansion at the start.

Thats actually perfectly ok.

And it's always been like this. Gear up to another person's level and you're even.

Anything else is madness and spells death for this game.

Personally my issue is with the fact that they said BEFORE the expac that they wanted a level playing field and in doing so they removed (to all intents and purposes) pvp gear.

Now they've done the complete opposite; not put in any pvp gear and pretty much made it so that pve players will roll all over PvP players - and that's exactly what happened at the end of vanilla when max-geared players roflastomped their way through a BG.

Blizzard said they weren't going to do this and they have.
10/01/2017 19:03Posted by Truèwarlock
But it isn't acceptable that the amount of AP from PvE is higher that from PvP

do RBgs they give boatloads or AP
I'm a PvE player. However, I do use PvP as one of my various sources of AP, and not just PvE content. I suggest PvP players go the same route.
10/01/2017 18:01Posted by Furrymagisch
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/803318373664727040

Yep! As of Patch 7.1, the passive bonuses increase beyond the 34th trait. Tooltip will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Because this is how you screw new players.

Now a new player will be like 35% stam and 15% flat damage behind someone who just hit 110, independant of gear?

Thats not even factoring in all the other artifact traits that easily make for double that again.

Even in PvP?

Are you mental? Do you really want to force everyone to grind an additional 60 MILLION AP (!!!!!) PER SPEC to not be behind 15% flat performance and 20% stamina for anything?

I'm most likely soon also max level on arti, and i realy wonder who they have working there and how these decisions ever can be real ;p it's one of those awesome bliz ideas while making the post before legion they don t want new players to be behind.

bedtime, sarcasm off.
Studying and having a job as well, can (believe it or not) put a limit to how much gaming is available - a gf as well. Even if I find myself in an OK position, I still find, that it should be more about the better player - not the one, that grinds the hardest. But again: To a certain degree, this was always the way this game was.

I DO however hope, that in return, there will be more focus on securing everyone an equal space in the meta, since if they don't do that, and at the same time put up an AP-gate, then I can't find the rhyme or rhythm in that.
You do know that this change was revereted over 15 hours ago before this post was even made

http://www.wowhead.com/news=259115/35-artifact-traits-disabled-in-instanced-pvp-for-legion-season-2-and-travel-form

even a post about it in EU forums from a BLUE cm .

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614791978?page=8#post-152

This is why PVP stuff should be posted in PVP section only .
So you're saying a fresh 110 should be just as powerful as someone in the latest tier raid gear?

And yes, I get that your point is about Artifact Power, but my point still stands.
The biggest complaint that is legit if the fact that in pvp new players are screwed over because they need to grind out honor to open their pvp skills.

The weapon stats/progression are just like any other game where you use catch up mechanics.
did i cry when friend got me to play last half of WoD month ???? no

i catched up an EVEN killed archimonde heroic, got mount (eventually heirloom trinket)

i mean that its perfectly fine for a new players, there are a ways that they can catch up. and even in future patch i can catch up on my new toon on new server
quoting myself

I'm most likely soon also max level on arti, and i realy wonder who they have working there and how these decisions ever can be real ;p it's one of those awesome bliz ideas while making the post before legion they don t want new players to be behind.

bedtime, sarcasm off.

Funny right, suddenly message about this idea delayed untill season 3.
Peace out, nothing to worry about at this moment ;p
I don't care about it much personly as said because i'll have max arti soon anyway, only if they say something they got to stick with their word.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752500697?page=14#269
11/01/2017 00:50Posted by Acanthá
You do know that this change was revereted over 15 hours ago before this post was even made

http://www.wowhead.com/news=259115/35-artifact-traits-disabled-in-instanced-pvp-for-legion-season-2-and-travel-form

even a post about it in EU forums from a BLUE cm .

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614791978?page=8#post-152

This is why PVP stuff should be posted in PVP section only .

Sup bra, you see the first blue one on pvp forum is at this moment 8 hours ago.
3 hours before your post, 4 hours after this topic is created.
Making your anger a bit off.
The wowhead link is edited, created 21 hours ago, but updated with content linking to the blue post 8 hours ago.
Not meaning to make you more angry ;p we all can make a mistake sometimes, have a nice day :D
I think its an excellent change as it rewards long term play and commitment to a class.

In terms of PvP, I'm fine with it too and no, as much as some of you would like it to, it won't kill PvP.

Before arenas and rated hit this game in TBC, WoW had a very healthy PvP following too, in fact it was so healthy that ...*drumroll*... arenas and rated PvP were introduced
Why do some pvp-ers out there imagine people that do pve 1. Have tons of time to farm ap that pvp-ers don't and have automatically maxed their weapons and 2. They never really went out of their way to pvp, but now, that their artifacts count, they will flood bgs to farm the poor pvp-ers just out of spite.

As for new players, they have always been disadvantaged against those that have played for a while and are more geared. One possibly higher weapon doesn't even come close to the difference that used to exist between full brutal gear and people that just dinged and are in greens and blues. Then again, when you remove the gear progressing, people complain there's no more reason to play.
10/01/2017 18:12Posted by Vexenar
Yes, because it's perfectly acceptable for someone who started the expansion 8 months later to be on the same level playing field as someone who started playing the expansion at the start.

Be happy there are some catch-up mechanics at all.

Isn't PvP supposed to be about skill and not the amount of time spent sitting in front of the computer, getting Cheetos dust on the keyboard?
11/01/2017 10:29Posted by Meanma
Isn't PvP supposed to be about skill and not the amount of time spent sitting in front of the computer, getting Cheetos dust on the keyboard?

You're in the wrong game, mate. Wow has always been about gear. Skill too, but its a game based on character progression and p(l)aying month after month, why would it give the same chances to those that didn't do that?
Please continue this discussion over at:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614791978?page=7#post-130

Thanks. <3