The word "Black" can't be used in guild names

General
1 2 3 6 Next
The word "Black" can't be used in guild names, and that's nothing new since i've seen posts about it from 2012 but what's grinding my gears is that this is just a neutral word unless you add something that could change it's meaning to it. I wanted to make a guild called "Black Metal", i can't see that being against the rules. I think neutral colors should't be strait up banned, after all we can report those agains the tos.
Not mad, but this seemed silly and i wanted to know what you guys think
Is White alowed? If it is then blizzard should ban it becuse brown people use it in a negative way, well political left use it in a negative way also, hell white female use it as a negative term. Why is White alowed?
I have never seen a black human. I have seen different variations of brown and beige.
06/01/2017 21:09Posted by Runedag
Is White alowed? If it is then blizzard should ban it becuse brown people use it in a negative way, well political left use it in a negative way also, hell white female use it as a negative term. Why is White alowed?

White is not allowed either, i think not even yellow. But i'm sure if i make up a story and say that i identify as a purple transgender female then they will ban purple aswell
06/01/2017 21:10Posted by Wrathrán
I have never seen a black human. I have seen different variations of brown and beige.

You can use the word Ebony so i guess my guild name is ebony metal after all... thanks blizz
06/01/2017 21:07Posted by Cedien
The word "Black" can't be used in guild names,
Too much abuse and double meaning that people would make...some.
06/01/2017 21:21Posted by Healarius
06/01/2017 21:07Posted by Cedien
The word "Black" can't be used in guild names,
Too much abuse and double meaning that people would make...some.

i get that, but just moments ago i discovered you can't use the word "Pagan" aswell, like it's some negative thing
Some people are easily offended, so I'm guessing that's Blizzard's way of covering their bases.

With the rise of nationalism globally and even more so in USA and Europe, I think they have a point, too.

*edit

Look at all those hidden n@zis downvoting me!
This is rather interesting choice from Blizz side.

After all my main Class is tied it to the Ebon Blade - it practically means the same thing if someone wants to go all sensitive about it.
06/01/2017 21:28Posted by Deadduchess
This is rather interesting choice from Blizz side.

It's not Blizz.

The word black can (hopefully obviously) be used in a racist connotation. What many don't realize is that the ratings board is what dictates what is acceptable within the game rating, and as such Blizzard must adhere to that or it loses it's rating and therefore a lot of potential players, all over a word that some nefarious people would use to be racist.

It's just how it is, however sadly.
thats stupid?
06/01/2017 21:31Posted by Muaat
thats stupid?

A lot of things are stupid, but that's just the way society of today works.
Awww.... gosh darn it....
Now I can't make the name of my future guild edgy enough. Shadow and Fel is too mainstream already m8....
06/01/2017 21:16Posted by Cedien
You can use the word Ebony so i guess my guild name is ebony metal after all... thanks blizz

I'd rather Ebon metal, or Dark Metal, or Stygian Metal maybe.

Ebony is a wood, so "Ebony metal" is similar to "Oak metal" - a bit contradictory.
Was 1 of the orignal people who complained after I saw one my comments ingame censored out, "I need a black chestpiece, any any ideas?". A guild named Black rose would fit so well, esp if they have alot of rogues. Black roses are mainly used for the death and thus also perfect for a raiding guild. But somehow people became so sensitive even words like black and white are banned. It's sad really that people with such a thin skin dictate the guidelines. If we follow this rule yellow should be banned ontop of it, aswell as brown and olive.

Edit: Damnit now I want a black rose toy to throw onto corpses of slain enemies... Just like the dusk lilies of the group of 3 mercenaries you summon in Suramar.

^ So much this. White is most probably allowed if Black isn't. -.-

I don't even know if white is allowed, but your statement sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Yes, theoretically it's all fair and your point is logically valid. I do, however, wonder how often you come across people both in-game and in the real world using "white" as a racist statement, compared to the use of "black". Way too many times have I seen the n-word and similar being used to shame people in WoW, but I have yet to come across someone using "white" as an epiphet.

Sad but true.
"Black" is a descriptor for a lot of things. It's just ridiculous that Blizzard is going to let us down just because of the measly off-chance that someone might use the word in such a manner.

I guess you're gonna have to go with stygian if you wish to use something synonymous that actually sounds cool. That is, until Blizzard bans that word as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
06/01/2017 22:27Posted by Lethan

I don't even know if white is allowed, but your statement sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Yes, theoretically it's all fair and your point is logically valid. I do, however, wonder how often you come across people both in-game and in the real world using "white" as a racist statement, compared to the use of "black". Way too many times have I seen the n-word and similar being used to shame people in WoW, but I have yet to come across someone using "white" as an epiphet.

Sad but true.

I live in Sweden so i come across it very often. The climate here is, strange to say the least. White is used as a negative term a lot over here. "Vita Kränkta Män" that translates (word by word) to "White wronged men" and it is used to humiliate or belittle people(white men that is) that has an oppinion about something that a woman or dark person do not agree on. Feminists in particular are very fond of this.
White is also used by dark people to degrade white people the same was as white people use black to degrade dark people.
well thanks obama