Upcoming Change to Group Finder Queues

General
1 2 3 5 Next
Since the launch of Legion, we've been keeping an eye on the challenges facing characters on Spanish realms when trying to enter Ashran. Some players have had trouble accessing the zone—due in most part to long queue times—and we've been monitoring the situation to find the best solution.

After considering our options, we feel that adding Spanish realms to the English queues for group content is the most appropriate fix. Not only should this get players into Ashran faster, it’ll also help with another minor but unpleasant problem—long queue times when using the Dungeon or Raid Finder tools.

So what does this mean for you? After maintenance on February 1, when a character from a Spanish realm queues for PVE (dungeons and raids) or PVP (battlegrounds, including Ashran) content using the Group Finder tool, they might be teamed up with players from both Spanish and English realms.

We understand that this solution may not appeal to everyone, but after strong consideration, we’re confident it’ll provide the most positive results.

We’d appreciate your thoughts on the change and welcome your feedback in this thread.
Always thought they could? Weird... :o
Can't wait to be grouped with people who will no doubt refuse to communicate in english.
Grouping people with a language barrier in-between is not a solution.

There has been clearly marked realms for separate languages for a reason.

Unless you plan to nerf all forms of LFR content to accommodate for problem of no communication your "solution" is only going to cause more problems to groups.
And here I was wishing for russians to be separated from EU again. Spanish people are added (I know, it's not in the same sense). Can't wait...
Only problem I can see here is communication. Otherwise, I see it a good solution; Dungeon & Raid Finder took so long for Spanish realms.
Cant be worse than russians with Cyrilic Letter-Names to be frank, but eh..... doubt it will make things less frustrating for either part, the solution for Spanish players is rather easily to play on english-realms instead and thus not be set aside into a minority-queue of their own.
Good lord...
Hablas español?
WoW needs a better non-chat communication system built in - like the communication wheel in Overwatch and/or the Ping system in HotS, to be able to communicate relevant information with anyone (even people that don't speak your language) in a fast and efficient way.

Some emotes can already be used for this to some extent, but they are from being fast and efficient to use, and don't cover everything a properly designed system would.
Hmm. It sounds a bit weird to make such a sweeping change to the queueing system, based just on Ashran queues. But I suppose maybe Blizzard can't separate the queues for PvP and PvE in the current setup?

I'm honestly not sure if convenience in queueing for Ashran outweighs the problems this could add to queueing for PvE content.

(PS: Please start merging realms again Blizzard!)
Sure, if you remove the Russians again.
As an English speaking player on a German realm I would welcome the Idea to queue with basically ANYONE in EU as long as they do speak some basic English.

This would especially help with queue times at night and lower levels where you can often wait for ages to get invited into Battlegrounds or Dungeons
Just have it optional for the ones who are bilingual:
[X]English
[X]German
[_]French
[X]Spanish
I'm... not sure why you'd call this a "solution". Communication issues have always existed between realms of different/specific languages. It's not even a matter of just a "communication barrier", but different behaviors as well (such as mentioned, refusing to speak english and spamming in another dialect) that lead to frustration when interacting with each other. These same behaviors have caused a lot of problems - and complaints - in the past. How can they be avoided when they are used to speak spanish - and rightfully so, because that's the purpose of having a language specific server - and adapting will unlikely happen?

Wasn't these the reasons russian servers were separated, even?

And the reason for this change is... Ashran...? So in order to try to solve a "problem" for some, you create a bigger one for everyone?

Give me a break.

25/01/2017 17:52Posted by Blutistkraft
As an English speaking player on a German realm I would welcome the Idea to queue with basically ANYONE in EU as long as they do speak some basic English.

This would especially help with queue times at night and lower levels where you can often wait for ages to get invited into Battlegrounds or Dungeons
Just have it optional for the ones who are bilingual:
[X]English
[X]German
[_]French
[X]Spanish

But as of now you have that option, no? You just need to include other languages in your group finder search. Or am I missing something here?

The issue I see is the optional part being removed. Someone who has difficulties speaking english or spanish will not have the choice to avoid group finder searches that are not tailored for them.

Edit: my bad, the option you mention is tied to group finder searches only, not when grouped automatically. If that language filter would also apply to the latter, then yes, would be a good idea. But without it, the issue still stands.
I'm glad to read it. Queue from spanish servers are painful.
Of course there will be ppl that dont understand english, but we still having the adventure' guide to see how works each thing.
I don't like this at all. I don't want to overgeneralize, but my experiences in heroics with non-english speaking people is largely negative, since you can't communicate with them at all.

Either they don't want to listen or they simply can't because they don't understand a word you're typing. They can't follow simple instructions or i notice them being afk more than participating.

Wish i could opt out of this.
Well if the Spanish realms were having such a hard time with their queues, then why not put them with the French or the German? Hell, even better, keep English realms as their own queues and regroup all non-English realms into their own queue.
Please ignore this part.

This feels like the whole Russian thing again, except this time they'll be on our side instead of just being the enemy. They will face a lot of discrimination, rage and unnecessary reports/kicks unless they are willing to both speak english and learn all the english WoW lingo and abbreviations.
At the very least you should have asked for some feedback -before- forcing these changes.

Edit: Ok I agree a non-English queue wouldn't be the best thing either but fact still remains that Spanish users will have to adapt, especially those who struggle with the english language and that they will face blowback from other people for the simple fact that they can't or refuse to speak english. If anything, make it clear for spanish users that when they now queue random, the default language will be english, even if they are the majority.
25/01/2017 16:58Posted by Kyuubi
And here I was wishing for russians to be separated from EU again. Spanish people are added (I know, it's not in the same sense). Can't wait...

Just wat? "Spanish people" are in the EU region since... always. We do WQ together, we do pug raids together, etc since a long long time ago.
The only change is when queueing for Random things (like Ashran, BGs and Heroic dungeons) you'll have maybe some people there who play in spanish servers - and btw, I see a lot of bigotry here. Lots of spanish folks like me can properly communicate in english, and we will do so. Stupid people are everywhere, not just "the other nationality".
This is a welcoming change. It's not uncommon for us to wait 2- hours for a queue to pop. Also I doubt communication issues will be a problem, there is plenty of people on the Spanish realms that can speak English perfectly fine (Most of us are taught at a young age) and only stay on these realms because of friends/guilds etc. I highly doubt you need any sort of heavy communications for Heroic dungeons or LFR. They're all easy enough for anyone to get through. The Spanish joining English groups will be a minority at a guess which is really no gigantic impact on your LFR groups at all.

Please don't back out of this Blizzard. This is something we've needed for a long time.

Saying that they should merge all languages together except keep English on its own queue system because of language barriers then puts that to an extreme with several mixed language barriers.

I'm sure you'll survive the occasional Spanish person in your groups.
25/01/2017 20:24Posted by Kryts
Saying that they should merge all languages together except keep English on its own queue system because of language barriers then puts that to an extreme with several mixed language barriers.

I'm sure you'll survive the occasional Spanish person in your groups.

I agree and added an edit to my post. I just hope that spanish realm players enforce eachother to use english when they queue random.