How do you guys get motivated to get an alt ?

General
This thread might seem a bit whiny, maybe it is, I'm not sure.
How do you guys keep your motivation to level another character ?
I honestly hate the druid, not a single spec is appealing to me. I'd gladly level another class and I don't mind the legendary grind, item grind even the AP grind.

It's just the thought of going again through all the story lines in zones and reputation to go for world quests that is stopping me.
How do you guys do it ? I mean, yes it's interesting but to go again on it, is just eh.
Carry on playing druid and you will build up your motivation very quickly.
When your hate of druid surpasses your boredom of doing quests again, you'll level another alt.

In other words, can you throw 2 days(legion questing zone estimated time) in trash to play another class? Do you think its worth it?
Well I think I've surpassed that point. Since this morning I was even thinking about throwing the game.
If I unlock Loremaster of Legion will I have to do the quests on alts ? Read somewhere that it'll become account-wide.
08/01/2017 12:14Posted by Jinlok
Well I think I've surpassed that point. Since this morning I was even thinking about throwing the game.
If I unlock Loremaster of Legion will I have to do the quests on alts ? Read somewhere that it'll become account-wide.

Loremaster will be account-wide.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=11157/loremaster-of-legion
08/01/2017 12:00Posted by Jinlok
This thread might seem a bit whiny, maybe it is, I'm not sure.
How do you guys keep your motivation to level another character ?
I honestly hate the druid, not a single spec is appealing to me. I'd gladly level another class and I don't mind the legendary grind, item grind even the AP grind.

It's just the thought of going again through all the story lines in zones and reputation to go for world quests that is stopping me.
How do you guys do it ? I mean, yes it's interesting but to go again on it, is just eh.

It's a massive flaw in the leveling system.

You basically have two kinds of players (bar the odd exceptions):

1] - OMG i love all this lore and questlines and crafting, and.. and..

2] - Screw leveling, let me get to endgame ASAP... !

Blizzard destroyed [1] in order to cater to [2]. Appearantly you don't think leveling is fun after the first run through and cba to do it again.

So....

[1] is shot to hell and [2] still thinks it takes way too long.

Maybe one day they put 2 and 2 together .... but don't hold yer breath.
I'm kinda inbetween I guess.
I'm not going for let me do endgame ASAP, but I don't want to be forced to replay the whole storyline, after I've done it once. Especially when it means I have to do it in order to get to endgame.
I loved it the first time, but now I just have to make character I enjoy and catch up with my friends bit faster.
Bit of a choice from Blizzard would've done wonders.
08/01/2017 12:24Posted by Jinlok
Bit of a choice from Blizzard would've done wonders.

Which is exactly my point ;)

Appearantly you can now have a new lvl 100 to try out a class. So its quite easy to, lets say, start a fresh character at lvl 90-ish?

Plenty of time to learn the few skill buttons that are left and high enough to give you a headstart.

But i'm probably overlooking stuff. ;-)
This is my biggest problem!

I'm playing wow since 2007 and i had great times on it. But i spend my time with my pally but now i am boring to play with it.

I also can't motivate myself to make all reputations and achievments again with an other character.

If there was a class change service immedialty i would use it. Or reps and achievments was real acc-wide.
Atm only m+ and mythic raiding feels anywhere challenging to me, so I play an alt to relax and do different content than my main (especially solo content, that I can do in my own time and pace). It's also a different role. I don't mind repeating stories, after all, I'm playing a different class/role.
I have 7 character ready to step into legion right away, levels between 100-110.
I know what I want to play, it's just the reputations and questlines that are holding me back.
08/01/2017 12:51Posted by Jinlok
I have 7 character ready to step into legion right away, levels between 100-110.
I know what I want to play, it's just the reputations and questlines that are holding me back.

You mean the Legion reputations? Screw them, you don't need them, they just give you some Rank 3 Recipes, you can play and enjoy the game without them.

As for what motivates me to play an Alt? Usually it was because I enjoy a lot of Classes and I liked the diversity, now it's because Unholy sucks, I hate it and I don't like the upcoming changes.

And besides all of your Reputation is fine, since when you play an Alt it's not like you will delete this Character and lose everything you've worked for, don't worry your Character is still there!

If you're bored from doing the Legion leveling again, put up a podcast in the background or some TV series on your second monitor, and do the leveling on auto pilot without turning it much attention.
Sometimes I think that it would be nice to try out some another class and log into game only to be reminded that everything dies in two-three strikes/casts and instances are mindless zerg fests. Yesterday I didn't even switch to restoration in Violet Hold, nobody was taking damage.
08/01/2017 13:08Posted by Entaari
08/01/2017 12:51Posted by Jinlok

You mean the Legion reputations? Screw them, you don't need them, they just give you some Rank 3 Recipes, you can play and enjoy the game without them.

As for what motivates me to play an Alt? Usually it was because I enjoy a lot of Classes and I liked the diversity, now it's because Unholy sucks, I hate it and I don't like the upcoming changes.

And besides all of your Reputation is fine, since when you play an Alt it's not like you will delete this Character and lose everything you've worked for, don't worry your Character is still there!

If you're bored from doing the Legion leveling again, put up a podcast in the background or some TV series on your second monitor, and do the leveling on auto pilot without turning it much attention.

Don't I need them for endgame content though ?
If I knew I can do everything, without completing the stories and reputations, I wouldn't mind leveling every single class.
On the druid i'm like 10/11 in Suramar with everything else complete.
08/01/2017 13:13Posted by Jinlok
Don't I need them for endgame content though ?
If I knew I can do everything, without completing the stories and reputations, I wouldn't mind leveling every single class.
On the druid i'm like 10/11 in Suramar with everything else complete.

You really don't, my Demon Hunter which will be my new main doesn't have them, and the only loss I get from that is that I have to give 10 more Arkhana into a few of my Enchanting Recipes.

It's mostly quality of life, you'll get there eventually without getting out of your way. Just pick the zone with which you need Reputation for a good shoulder enchant, and do that zone fully, like I usually do that in Val'Sharah with the Dreamweavers, they give me the Herbalism Enchant, with which I get Herbs while leveling and use them for Flasks and Pots.

Then I just wait for the Blood Hunter one.

Also Suramar? That's Account-Wide pretty much, my Demon Hunter has done only the first Quest to get the Illusion, and I can still do CoS and Arcway, I do however plan on finishing the campaign after 7.1.5 when I can get 20+ Artifact Knowledge to hopefully get some AP, but that's only if I feel like I need it, since I already have my 3 Golden Traits.

PS: One thing though, if you decide to go through with it ( and you probably should ) don'd avoid Order Hall Resource World Quests, those a pain since you daily spend them on Advancements, Mission Table, Troops, Armors, Artifact Knowledge BUT you will need 27.5k for the last two Advancements, the last one being the only required thing for Endgame the "wear two Legendaries at once" also you need to finish your Order Hall Campaign, for the 3rd Relic, but they are usually different between Classes, so I hope that doesn't feel samey and boring.
Oh man, I just checked on my warrior which is full on other zones, only 3/11 suramar. I can really queue for CoS Arcway and even Kara. That's great news. Here we go leveling.