35+ traits enabled in pvp(BAD)

PvP Discussions
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
10/01/2017 19:49Posted by Cróws
10/01/2017 18:06Posted by Девушкалотти
Well if you think about Disc one of our traits (that removes the dot from Shadow Mend) makes us worse in arena, since we're able to abuse that dot to break CC if we get faked on premonition.

No wonder Hydra won't log in anymore lol.

It also effects maschocism talent.

We don't take masochism for this exact reason (other than the fact it's on the same tier as both of our own sources of mobility.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752660280

Check it out guys...
I think we got something...
people on US are saying it's already been reverted, waiting for actual confirmation on this.
10/01/2017 20:18Posted by Muneya
people on US are saying it's already been reverted, waiting for actual confirmation on this.

I asked on MMo too... still waiting confirmation..

Too late. Even if this is the case, the original patch note alone was enough for me to realize how screwed up it was for me to spend time I should be enjoying the game chasing around artifact power like a lost puppy, then repeating it for off-specs, then possibly repeating it again for any alts and their off-specs.

No. Maybe the system is fine but I'm just finally too old for this game.
10/01/2017 20:22Posted by Девушкалотти

Too late. Even if this is the case, the original patch note alone was enough for me to realize how screwed up it was for me to spend time I should be enjoying the game chasing around artifact power like a lost puppy, then repeating it for off-specs, then possibly repeating it again for any alts and their off-specs.

Chances are the new traits added in 7.2 (the ones we currently have given extra ranks so 4/4 instead of 3/3) will be enabled for PvP and to unlock them you'll need to have all 54 traits in your artifact weapon unlocked, so you're still going to need to farm a !@#$load of artifact power between now and 7.2.
10/01/2017 20:31Posted by Prìm
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Chances are the new traits added in 7.2 (the ones we currently have given extra ranks so 4/4 instead of 3/3) will be enabled for PvP and to unlock them you'll need to have all 54 traits in your artifact weapon unlocked, so you're still going to need to farm a !@#$load of artifact power between now and 7.2.

Not even going to get worked up about it because I no longer actually have to care. MASTER HOLINKA HAS GIVEN DOBBY A WAY OUT. DOBBY IS FREE.
Traits still work in bgs and rbgs, only disabled in arenas
10/01/2017 20:43Posted by Rists
Traits still work in bgs and rbgs, only disabled in arenas

It was hotfixed for arenas... I believe it will be fixed for others too.
Character progression is a core element of World of Warcraft, and that includes PvP. In Legion, empowering your Artifact to become stronger is a key part of character progression. When Artifact Knowledge levels were low at the beginning of the expansion, we deactivated the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP to avoid having large power gaps when compared to players who hadn't made much progress on their Artifact yet.

In Patch 7.1.5, we added several methods that allow players to catch up their Artifact progression very quickly. Brand new players can advance up to Artifact Knowledge level 15 without any research time, and existing players can mail Artifact Knowledge Compendiums to alts, which immediately bring them as high as level 20. At this point, the power gap between a player with 35+ traits in their Artifact and a player just starting out is significantly less of a concern, as the gap can be closed very rapidly. For those reasons, we felt that Patch 7.1.5 was the right time to re-open Artifact progression to PvPers who had already earned the first 34 traits.

However, we did not communicate this change (and its purpose) with enough advance notice to allow players to effectively prepare for it. Furthermore, while the improvements in Patch 7.1.5 make it much easier to unlock those final traits for new players or alternate characters, they weren't available until today. While we still believe activating these traits is the correct choice for World of Warcraft PvP, the middle of an ongoing season is not the right time to make this change.

As of a few minutes ago, we've applied a hotfix that once again disables the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP on North American and Oceanic servers. In other regions, this hotfix will be applied with the patch. The 35+ Artifact Traits will remain disabled for Legion PvP Season 2.

Once Season 3 begins, we'll re-enable them. Note that Patch 7.2 will include some further expansions to the Artifact system that will make it highly valuable to have spent some Artifact Power on those traits (another reason we feel it's important that they be enabled in PvP). We'll have more details to share on those changes once Patch 7.2 has begun its public testing phase.

Thanks for your feedback and understanding on this topic.
I guess it's something.
TLDR "we're not increasing the gap now, but later"
fix your dead game pls
10/01/2017 21:30Posted by Ornyx
As of a few minutes ago, we've applied a hotfix that once again disables the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP on North American and Oceanic servers. In other regions, this hotfix will be applied with the patch. The 35+ Artifact Traits will remain disabled for Legion PvP Season 2.

Cheers.

What we need now is a blanket x% damage nerf. Damage output of all classes is the thing that is ruining PvP at the moment. Damage is currently so high that it makes the honour talents useless (since you die in two globals) and counterplay impossible.
While we still believe activating these traits is the correct choice for World of Warcraft PvP

With all the respect, not communicating such a huge change with us (pvpers) was unprofessional and furthermore our trust in you guys will be considerably lower.

Also i agree that this is an MMO and it should feel like one but we already have honor talent, gear and 34 traits to grind and those alone needs a lot more time to lvl then we ever had to grind in previous expacs. Funny thing is that you guys promised Legion will reduce that aspect for pvp, again you guys are contradicting yourselves.

Ppl. will rage again if you guys do it in next season, forcing someone to do something they don't want it's not good for your own game and ppl. will leave.

Ty for you time and posting on EU forums.
There we go. A proper response with a proper action.
10/01/2017 21:43Posted by Ellesencia

Cheers.

What we need now is a blanket x% damage nerf. Damage output of all classes is the thing that is ruining PvP at the moment. Damage is currently so high that it makes the honour talents useless (since you die in two globals) and counterplay impossible.
Specific burst abilities should be lowered tbh.
That would tackle the right stuff better than a blacket x% dmg nerf which will also hit stuff that doesnt need to be hit.

Yeah dmg is way too high atm.
It is not a problem if it is really high.
It is a problem if it is way too high.
Which is especially the case for retri and dk.
10/01/2017 21:52Posted by Yashlerie

I'd prefer to return to TBC's PvP playstyle, except for the rock/paper/scissors nonsense, ofcourse.

But, low damage, burst that required setup, and no selfhealing.

While we still believe activating these traits is the correct choice for World of Warcraft PvP

Retract your statement about aiming for an even playing ground, then, which was the reason why gear farming was removed in the first place. AP grinding does NOT create an even playing ground.

And you are killing off an interesting part of the game, ie: alts and offspecs.
Just give me back my pvp vendor pls its ten times less grind and effort then this !@#$
10/01/2017 21:54Posted by Ellesencia
10/01/2017 21:52Posted by Yashlerie

I'd prefer to return to TBC's PvP playstyle, except for the rock/paper/scissors nonsense, ofcourse.

But, low damage, burst that required setup, and no selfhealing.
The danger with that to me seems if dmg is too low outside of cooldowns, people wont be able to do much unless they have them.

Retract your statement about aiming for an even playing ground, then, which was the reason why gear farming was removed in the first place. AP grinding does NOT create an even playing ground.

And you are killing off an interesting part of the game, ie: alts and offspecs.

Indeed.
Agree with you on this one Ellesencia.