Issue of Windwalkers : a weapon matter

Class Development
I finally got my relic on Etraeus
So happy to boost my weapon by +10 ilvl !

got +7K dps on simcraft.......
I just want swords back as a transmog, looked amazing having 2 swords on the back always, you cant even see the fist weapons....
Looks like the only thing missing on PTR is the Balance part (which should, I hope, represent many changes)

Let's hope the WW issue is finally solved ...
It is an astute observation that Windwalker has very little scaling with its weapon DPS. It's not something we have a short-term fix for, and we recognize the problem relating to relic choice. Longer-term, it's probably best for us to reevaluate the difference between weapondamage-based attacks and AP-based attacks entirely, and what purpose it serves.

To be clear, being focused mostly on AP-based attacks doesn't impair your overall scaling with ilvl--your AP still increases in the correct proportion as you upgrade all of your items. It just means that weapons make up less of the pie (and armor fills up more of it) for Windwalker compared to other specs. It would be nicer to clean this all up so that weapons were consistently important on all specs, and so that we didn't run into things like the relic choice issue.
thanks for the answer
Also, I gotta say the bonus primary stats on March of the Legion is a decent fix to the best exemple of the legendaries issues I wrote about. Katsuo's nerf might seem deserved but current version is too weak, and we will need a buff to compensate.

Coming back to my original post :
Since the beginning of Legions, many players and logs showed this scenario :
We reach lvl 110, get to decent ilevels (850/860 at that time) :
- monk is doing very good, many players actually shouting out loud the spec is OP (Mythic + plays a role there as monk has always been great there)
-EN launches, most players are still not very high ilvl : monks is doing good
weeks pass on ...
WW monks fall in terms of dps, to the very depths of rankings, without any surprise many players at that time come on forums to complain about this issue, the link with a bad ilvl scaling is often made (bad legendary stats are less denounced)
N.B : yes, EN was mostly single target fights, and that was also a cause of WW bad performances there, but still we did good at start compared to other specs.
-7.1.5 then Nighthold launch : monks get decent buffs, and the T19 bonuses look very good. In addition, nighthold fights include a lot of phases where we can cleave, which we excel at.
Weeks pass on, monks still fall in the relative dps rankings but stay overall average thanks to our good T19 bonuses and cleave fights. Not surprisingly, we get to the depths of dps rankings on pure singletarget fights (check out Krosus logs).

This situation isn't actually bad, but I'm afraid with the ToS release, when ilvl will keep on climbing, when we won't equip our T19 anymore (need to analyze T20 bonuses when they are final), when we'll see our BiS legendaries hardly nerfed, where we don't know if fights will include many cleave phases, we shall be really bad if we don't get any buffs to compensate like we received in 7.1.5. This is why I think monk scaling should get an in-depth review (much maths), considering the weapon impact. In the aim that us, WW monks, each tier release, don't fear to fall far behind, and you developers and designers don't need to calculate accurate buffs for the spec
so katsuo's nerf is confirmed
alright, let's be bottom of the pack until 7.2.5 shows up , with, hopefully, some accurate changes
Monk dps at single target encounters is indeed terrible. Warlock/Shaman with 870ilvl manages to pull same dps than me (i have 893). Monk never shine between the top in dps, even if it is multi-target encounter, only average at best . I have also problem to find optimal gear - which should be mastery+crit/or vers. if nothing better. Also legendaries i have don´t seems to improve damage output too much.
I think our perormance is heavily dependend on BIS legendaries (I still don´t have and which will be nerfed in the incoming patch) and gear set bonuses.
both of our bis legendaries (which were indeed too impactful in terms of dps increase, compared to others) got nerfed, and the new Capacitor and ToD Gloves are far from the old Katsuo + Drinking Horn : WW really sucks right now,
I hope devs consider fully the issue I talk about in this post for the 7.2.5 balances changes, else the (already few) remaining windwalkers will be much disappointed
Just compare the Simcraftr result for an assassination rogue on ST compared to a WW.
there is a 150k difference between the highestr WW parse and the LOWEST assassination parse.
and in median, there is a 420k difference.

thats in no sense balanced.
i know our cleave is good, and we dont have much rng involved like other lcasses (shaman, dh,) but i have to say:

it is pathetic that there is such a big gap between the classes.

i mean ... you nerfed both ST bis legendarys and just with those 2 legendarys we got to a simcraft dps of 623k.
600k is the minimum for krosus to actually kill him and that...
well im honest now: i dont understand changes like that.

you cant nerf 2 bis legendarys just for the sake of saying "we nerfed every bis legendary" if a legendary makes a class "okish" or in other words:
a class only becomes nearly viable with the bis legendarys on a ST boss.

it is also true, that if you buff our ST you buff our already good aoe, but even then.. we need something for ST.
now the chest is really good and actually bis for ST, but this chest doesnt make the difference at all.
01/04/2017 02:40Posted by Shinfisti
Just compare the Simcraftr result for an assassination rogue on ST compared to a WW.
there is a 150k difference between the highestr WW parse and the LOWEST assassination parse.
and in median, there is a 420k difference.

thats in no sense balanced.
i know our cleave is good, and we dont have much rng involved like other lcasses (shaman, dh,) but i have to say:

it is pathetic that there is such a big gap between the classes.

i mean ... you nerfed both ST bis legendarys and just with those 2 legendarys we got to a simcraft dps of 623k.
600k is the minimum for krosus to actually kill him and that...
well im honest now: i dont understand changes like that.

you cant nerf 2 bis legendarys just for the sake of saying "we nerfed every bis legendary" if a legendary makes a class "okish" or in other words:
a class only becomes nearly viable with the bis legendarys on a ST boss.

it is also true, that if you buff our ST you buff our already good aoe, but even then.. we need something for ST.
now the chest is really good and actually bis for ST, but this chest doesnt make the difference at all.

wow I didn't know that was THAT huge
given the really decent aoe potential of assasination, I understand better our feral druids mates
"Windwalker
Damage of most abilities increased by 5.5%.
Rushing Jade Wind now applies Mark of the Crane to up to 2 (was 4) nearby targets.
Spinning Crane Kick's Mark of the Crane's damage bonus per target reduced to 40% (was 50%) per target.
Fists of Fury's range increased to 8 yards (was 5) and damage reduced by 20%."

these are current changes on 7.2.5 PTR
I hope that Blizzard is aware this is some terrible balancing and that such changes would definitely end the already weak presence of WW monks in PvE.
RJW is already super situational and mostly bad btw
cmon another awful PTR build with more talent nerfs and no FoF nerf revert
sure feels good that major issues for WW spec are being totally ignored by blizzard
This is outrageous, they are completely destroying the WW monk as a dps class, if we didnt have a problem with group invites before its positive that we will now. The developer who is in charge of the monk changes should go get his/her brain checked, because if this is for balancing the spec for the better then they are picturing Gorefiends !@#$%^- to be the goal.

I suggest that they revoke these changes and start looking for a better Tier20 set bonusses solution.
Tnx blizz for killing the ww monk, there is no fun at all to play it anymore.
I changed main to bm hunter for now