Balance Of Power ....

General
1 2 3 27 Next
1st must say amazeing quest line for the artifact and great looks as a reward i enjoyed pushing myself out of my comfort zone and getting into doing just normal and heroic raids after a lil push from Ruin and Obake <3

But and the big but is you seriously expect us to do it for every char ?the quest line that is ? why didnt you make the achivement account wide .

I am sorry if this has come over as whiney i was just so :( when i noticed i will have to (by my own choice) do it again for some truely good looking skins .

You have us grind AP and mythic+s but please have rethink about this its just to much .
No reason to not be account-wide. I would completely understand if this elaborate questline gave something that increases performance (I wouldn't think any player will be tempted to do it all over again for the AP it rewards, hardcore will just farm M+).

It is a cosmetic appearance, that gates other artifact appearances, unlocked by Account-wide activities, such as the Glory of the Legion Hero skin. It is really unfair to lock the other skins, if we have already earned them.

While on topic of appearances, hidden appearances for artifacts are not handles in a balanced manner also. Why would some classes buy their skins of vendors, others would have to do interesting things to acquire them (like the Arcane mage one) and others such as Resto shams, wait for them to plain drop of bosses or have to pick a certain Order hall upgrade and wait for months. Again those appearances are not gear, the RNG system, should not apply.
You make a valid point the legion dungeon and world boss and +15 are all accountwide as far as i know yet still need this questline to be done in order to do them .It will be a mighty task indeed to do this questline x 12 times .
I am not sure what their idea with this questline and achievement was? To make our characters special in the eyes of others when they see this skin? To make us feel special? I wouldn't say going to EN to loot objects and run some mythic dungeons is much of an achievement. It is only a time investment, which the average player doesn't have to commit more than once. Hardcore players, do not care about appearances, but only numbers. People probably wouldn't renew their subscriptions to do Balance of Power all over again, so essentially no one will benefit. Certainly not the players, nor Blizzard. I have 4 characters I play on, but their Balance of power skins will just remain locked. As it is simply no worth it.

If it is much to ask to make the whole achievement Account-wide, please remove its requirement for the other 3 skins that are unlocked by Account-wide activities. Much in the same manner as when you do 200 WQ with a Hidden Artifact appearance from another spec, you will get the respective 200 WQ hidden skin in other specs too.
03/02/2017 15:30Posted by Möuntäin
f it is much to ask to make the whole achievement Account-wide, please remove its requirement for the other 3 skins that are unlocked by Account-wide activities.

On PTR the other 3 variants now have the "Requires Balance of Power" requirement as well.

I agree it should be account-wide. The archaeology variant is and that one takes far less effort/time to unlock.

Or just make (all) the artifact appearances available to add to the Appearance Collection post-Legion. Why would anyone go and unlock the different artifact appearances/variants post-Legion if you can't use it for transmog?
03/02/2017 16:17Posted by Poly
03/02/2017 15:30Posted by Möuntäin
f it is much to ask to make the whole achievement Account-wide, please remove its requirement for the other 3 skins that are unlocked by Account-wide activities.

On PTR the other 3 variants now have the "Requires Balance of Power" requirement as well.

I agree it should be account-wide. The archaeology variant is and that one takes far less effort/time to unlock.

Archaeology one takes less time to unlock? Honey are you insane?
03/02/2017 17:29Posted by Elaynne
03/02/2017 16:17Posted by Poly

Archaeology one takes less time to unlock? Honey are you insane?

It feels like it to me.
It took me a long time to finish the Essence Power quest. Drop rate for the essences was very low. You need to do some item collecting in Nighthold as well.
At least the archaeology quests can be completed each week they're available and you don't have weekly loot locks.
03/02/2017 10:03Posted by Sylendra
when i noticed i will have to (by my own choice) do it again

/respect
03/02/2017 17:55Posted by Poly
At least the archaeology quests can be completed each week they're available and you don't have weekly loot locks.

Are we talking about the same profession?

Archaeology is an RNGfest.
I agree, especially now that nobody actually cares about Emerald Nightmare, and given how the drop rate isn't even 100%.
03/02/2017 18:08Posted by Vexenar
03/02/2017 17:55Posted by Poly

Are we talking about the same profession?

Archaeology is an RNGfest.

There is no limit on how many times you can survey. You can do it as many times as you want and complete the quest in the same week you got the quest.
I couldn't agree more. The questline was a giant time sink on one character already and having done it once, I feel very discouraged from doing it again on alts. I think the furthest any of my alts are on the chain is the part after 30 essences where you do Court of Stars.

There are account-wide appearance rewards for much less tedious stuff than this, I don't understand why we'd have to do this dreadful grind on every character we want the appearance on.
WoW thank you all for the upvotes i was not sure what way this would go when i made the post so i am really happy :)

Have a good weekend all .
I dont mind working for things its just finding groups every reset for EN on my alts and the bad drop rate.
As for NH the drop rate was really good there tbh .
Going by this post

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749196493?page=5#post-91

it doesnt fill me with hope but who knows the changes they might bring .I truely believe that Balance of Power should be account wide.
I agree. This should definitely be account-wide.
Have they said anything about being able to get the appearances after legion?

I know we get to keep them after legion, but can they be gained by soloing these things after legion?

If not... this must be account wide.

I main this DH but I find druid forms pretty. But I cant get... or more like it is extremely tedious/unfun/annoying to get for alts.
I hope they make this one account-wide, i don't mind the others because i already have unleashed monstrosities on every alt, sooner or later i will do a +15 mythic on all of them, but this questline just take too much time to be done on every character i have, and everyone else of course. If nothing else, they could just make the quest item drop rate 100%, that way it wouldn't take too long if people clear full normal/heroic a week, but its slightly frustrating when i finish a run with 2 item from it, or 0 like this week.
06/02/2017 20:19Posted by Khareal
Have they said anything about being able to get the appearances after legion?

I know we get to keep them after legion, but can they be gained by soloing these things after legion?

If not... this must be account wide.

I main this DH but I find druid forms pretty. But I cant get... or more like it is extremely tedious/unfun/annoying to get for alts.

They said we can keep all the appearance we got in legion in form of transmogs but they didn't mentioned anything about getting them in the next expansion.
They should make it account wide for sure.

I also think they should make the other skins available without having to do the balance of power questline first, as I detailed in my own thread.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614962676