Balance Of Power ....

General
Prev 1 11 12 13 28 Next
08/03/2017 18:12Posted by Silraena
08/03/2017 12:36Posted by Halgrim
Has someone actually said they cannot be obtained after legion? Like will artifacts cease to exist? I kind of imagined you could come back and earn all the skins.

They haven't decided yet. Chances are we'll find out in the last months of Legion like we did with the MoP cloak.

Right, it is subject to change which is, I guess, why we discuss the topic also.

BUT: it would be nice to have the skins now while we actually use the artifacts, not just later for transmog.
08/03/2017 12:36Posted by Halgrim
Has someone actually said they cannot be obtained after legion? Like will artifacts cease to exist? I kind of imagined you could come back and earn all the skins.

They haven't decided yet. Chances are we'll find out in the last months of Legion like we did with the MoP cloak.

Actually unless it's been changed, they have. The initial statement was that the appearances will still be there, but unless you unlocked them in Legion, you will not be able to use them for transmog.
08/03/2017 09:21Posted by Thavage
To do roughly 3-5 runs of EN

You need 1 if you are lucky, 2 if you are unlucky.
08/03/2017 03:57Posted by Deanna
Why do you feel like you "need" this skin on your warrior alt you level just for this skin but will never actually play is beyond me. Someone feel free to trump this argument but so far it's perfectly sound. Yes, I'll be showering in downvotes just for not agreeing with this.

03/02/2017 18:53Posted by Deanna
I couldn't agree more. The questline was a giant time sink on one character already and having done it once, I feel very discouraged from doing it again on alts. I think the furthest any of my alts are on the chain is the part after 30 essences where you do Court of Stars.

There are account-wide appearance rewards for much less tedious stuff than this, I don't understand why we'd have to do this dreadful grind on every character we want the appearance on.

Hard to take you seriously when you don't know what you want.
09/03/2017 11:09Posted by Deinn
Why do you feel like you "need" this skin on your warrior alt you level just for this skin but will never actually play is beyond me. Someone feel free to trump this argument but so far it's perfectly sound. Yes, I'll be showering in downvotes just for not agreeing with this.

I couldn't agree more. The questline was a giant time sink on one character already and having done it once, I feel very discouraged from doing it again on alts. I think the furthest any of my alts are on the chain is the part after 30 essences where you do Court of Stars.

There are account-wide appearance rewards for much less tedious stuff than this, I don't understand why we'd have to do this dreadful grind on every character we want the appearance on.

I did notice this myself it just goes to show how fickle us women are at times :P
09/03/2017 11:09Posted by Deinn

A jolly good catch!
08/03/2017 18:32Posted by Deanna

Actually unless it's been changed, they have. The initial statement was that the appearances will still be there, but unless you unlocked them in Legion, you will not be able to use them for transmog.

According to an old thread I found on MMO champion their original quote was something along the lines of...

* People will unlock all of their Artifact variants and then in the next expansion there will be some way to bring along those appearances. Maybe after Legion is over, you can't earn the appearances anymore.
10/03/2017 23:02Posted by Silraena
08/03/2017 18:32Posted by Deanna

According to an old thread I found on MMO champion their original quote was something along the lines of...

* People will unlock all of their Artifact variants and then in the next expansion there will be some way to bring along those appearances. Maybe after Legion is over, you can't earn the appearances anymore.

So you can kill mythic bosses get titles/mounts/pets/mogs all account wide yet a single tint is not :S its bascially fluff this needs to be account wide.
13/03/2017 00:39Posted by Acanthá
10/03/2017 23:02Posted by Silraena

So you can kill mythic bosses get titles/mounts/pets/mogs all account wide yet a single tint is not :S its bascially fluff this needs to be account wide.

Pretty much, yeah. But sadly blizzard continue to be stubborn.
Glory Of The Legion Hero is account wide yes? I don't get it, why this quest is not account wide, because no matter on what character i do achievements required for Glory Of The Legion Hero, is acc wide which means even if i unlock color apperance on mage, it will be unlocked as well on other characters on my account.

Blizzard logic in that term is weird for me.
13/03/2017 14:49Posted by Sapherea
Glory Of The Legion Hero is account wide yes? I don't get it, why this quest is not account wide, because no matter on what character i do achievements required for Glory Of The Legion Hero, is acc wide which means even if i unlock color apperance on mage, it will be unlocked as well on other characters on my account.

3 tints that are account wide locked behind one it is so silly
13/03/2017 14:49Posted by Sapherea

Thats just recolor. What u are unlocking with Balance of Power is weapon model. It makes sense to leave it as it is at least until 7.2. But in 7.2 they should make it account wide.

Basically, you arent just unlocking skin, storywise u are empowering your artifact weapon. First appearance is always most important.
It's an artifact skin, artifacts are class specific, even spec specific.

Why should a DK artifact skin unlock do anything for other classes?

It's like saying that doing your class hall campaign on one toon should complete the campaign for all your other toons.

Makes no sense.

Also who cares about fancy skins on alts? It's not like we ever get to play them in this expansion...
Balance of power frost dk weapons are so small. So Blizzard if you read this make them bigger so i can understand that i am not using a dagger. :(
14/03/2017 02:07Posted by Gitmix
It's an artifact skin, artifacts are class specific, even spec specific.

Why should a DK artifact skin unlock do anything for other classes?

It's like saying that doing your class hall campaign on one toon should complete the campaign for all your other toons.

Makes no sense.

Also who cares about fancy skins on alts? It's not like we ever get to play them in this expansion...

But every class campaign is different, this quest is not, we are doing the same thing, so, makes sense.

Maybe you don't play alts, we do, thats it.
Alts or no alts its the reputation requirement that is the bigger gate... In 7.2 we can get this in three weeks on three or more toons if it were not for nightfallen revered requirement. I have this reputation on my main because of pathfinder but god forbid grinding it on one or more alts. We can faceroll en and nh in 7.2 and drop rates are good enough. If they wont make balance of power account wide they can strip rep requirements for alts and let us grind essences at the same time (both nh and en). This way it will be a week long grind and a good times too. Its not boring to clear a raid or two with alt since classes have different playstile.

And yes ppl will be doing en and nh in 7.2 for this questline so finding a group will be easy. Especially a few weeks into 7.2 when we get some items from new raid in lfr.

So if this is not acc wide strip it a little for our alts.
And do make it account wide in the last month of legion. I will not be mad even if I have it on my 12 toons.
14/03/2017 09:24Posted by Oogabooga
If they wont make balance of power account wide they can strip rep requirements for alts and let us grind essences at the same time (both nh and en).

If not that, at least add some catch up mechanics for reputations. DMF once a month is hardly enough, they could just give us a 2-3x more reputation on alts when exalted on main.
after unlocking it on my main, i stoped almost halfway and gave up on my alt

the fact that its just skin and takes almost the same time as the WoD ring is just stupid ...

this makes the abrogator stone stone look way better... ヽ(゚ー゚ヽ)
Exactly why we want account wide or catch up. And exactly why its not a problem to be acc wide. You get a skin for doing x content not a powerfull buff as ring or cloak was.

Essenses drop rate is not a problem anymore. Its perfect now. Rep grind IS a problem. See doing a raid on alt is fun stuff. Its some kind of break from main toon gameplay. Grinding suramar is dull. No point in that. In order to have wqs there you need to do the story. Doing the story takes time. Hitting revered is like two weeks work. I prefere lower essence droprate to rep grind.
"Keeps wispering to herself the skins are ugly you don't want them shhh just on your warlock for achievement shhhh no need to grind on 11 more alts".

Why did they think making them caracter specific was a good ideea ? After all this time you might think that they have a grasp on how the comunity would respond to this . At this point i think they keep throwing this rng / gating / grind at us just to spite us , see how much we can take before we burn out in a blaze of glory.