Balance Of Power ....

General
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
03/09/2017 02:38Posted by Shumensko
03/09/2017 02:22Posted by Someoneelse
Odd, I did normal, for the record.

Normal got buffed. There was a blue post somewhere in this thread.

All have been buffed just starting/getting into groups people asking for 930 for normal EN :P
Yes I would really like this account wide. It would certainly encourage me to play more of my alts.
Still want to see this changed as in accountwide or the skin tree changed .
We don't have any plans on making this appearance account wide at this point in time.

As mentioned during the recent Q&A, it will still be possible to obtain the artifact appearances for transmogrification in the next expansion. The only appearances that won't be obtainable after Legion is the one awarded for doing a Mythic 15 Keystone Dungeon in time and the ones awarded by, or associated with, finishing the Mage Tower challenge.

This means you'll still be able to do the Balance of Power questline after Legion is over and get the appearance for transmogrification.

Having said all of that, I have forwarded on more of the feedback regarding specific pain points mentioned you've all been mentioning with this quest chain.
10/10/2017 10:28Posted by Aerythlea

As mentioned during the recent Q&A, it will still be possible to obtain the artifact appearances for transmogrification in the next expansion. The only appearances that won't be obtainable after Legion is the one awarded for doing a Mythic 15 Keystone Dungeon in time and the ones awarded by, or associated with, finishing the Mage Tower challenge.

Will the tints be obtainable afterwards though, if for example i earn the challenge appearance before the next expansion, but not the rated battleground tint. Will i be able to win the rated battlegrounds to earn the tint next expansion?
We don't have any plans on making this appearance account wide at this point in time.

This means you'll still be able to do the Balance of Power questline after Legion is over and get the appearance for transmogrification.

Having said all of that, I have forwarded on more of the feedback regarding specific pain points mentioned you've all been mentioning with this quest chain.

Thank you once again for reading this .As i stated on my OP i enjoyed the questline and i will do it again in the future but surely there should be some middle ground that people earning 15+ and dungeon hero and WB ones should be able to use them after the time and effort put in .Thanks so much for passing the info on .
and the ones awarded by, or associated with, finishing the Mage Tower challenge.

About this, are we going to have an adjustment on the pvp skin? Having to do 10 RBGs seems a bit out of place compared to the other skin requirements.
10/02/2017 10:20Posted by Aerythlea
10/02/2017 09:48Posted by Boreas
Personally i would like it if they would upgrade the drop chance on the friggin essences from EN
Swithed character in november (was a feral druid and the RSI just wasnt worth the output) But now ive had 2 essences drop per full EN heroic clear. Just make it 100% from EN heroic that way even alts can speed it up a tiny bit.

Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.

But the future is now though.. that stuff is mad old.. you need to learn from your mistakes and not make everything such a grind for people with alts.
Legion has been nothing but a big timeconsumer for mains alone.
I dont see whats so wrong about having alts catching up to the stuff you did a year ago.
24/09/2017 23:27Posted by Dariun
Yes I would really like this account wide. It would certainly encourage me to play more of my alts.

Wont happen. They want you to play longer, spend more hours.
10/10/2017 11:50Posted by Taraldor
and the ones awarded by, or associated with, finishing the Mage Tower challenge.

About this, are we going to have an adjustment on the pvp skin? Having to do 10 RBGs seems a bit out of place compared to the other skin requirements.

Not needed. Personally I barely do PvP, but I managed to squeeze 10 RGB wins. Granted, it was over the course of probably 20-25 RGBs in total, but it's still very very doable via premade tool.

Regards,
Imm

Perhaps it should be considered to make the recolors account wide though? some of them are incredibly time consuming/time gated
I'm just coming with a proposition here that most people didn't.
Since developers are adamant to keep it at character level.

Make Balance of Power questline doable with LFR, make it's Mythic dungeon parts doable as hc or normal, make it easier to get it per char.

***Make it doable within one weekly reset period.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the necessity of competition at the beginning of the expansion.
But now, forcing us to do most irrelevant raid content to get what we want is really a downer. We don't wanna go there, because we're getting better loots from everywhere besides there. There's no incentive. Plus we got tired of doing it, I don't know maybe with 4-5 chars and we want to get it easily on our 6th toon. Yeah they're only cosmetic, but also signature appearances for the respective class/spec and when we play our toon, we want to wear them.

Account bound thing is actually a good idea, because the quest line isn't a unique class experience. It's all same for anything you play with, do some mythic dungeons, get in EN N+ and loot 30 of whatsitsface, do some more mythic dungeons and then go clear NH N+ and loot 20x whatsitsface.
And not being able to get the next quests' items (eye of guldan) because we're locked out that week and that quest only unlocks if you complete 20x whatsitsface, is effing insane!

Trust me, legion content is amazing, but details like that doesn't make me wanna play when I want to do something like balance of power, I just shut down the computer till I chill, till I forget the fact I can't progress on a questline with a character I prefer playing atm. Short term, (1-2 toons you do content and you unsubscribe till next content) it doesn't bug you. But on a long term, (if you're bored as hell, wanna play and do series of things) it bugs you a lot.

Content should be available whenever we want to play.
Consider FPS games for instance, quests like balance of power, suramar questlines etc are like single player scenario type. They both have progression, you can complete them in 6-7 hours of gameplay. And when you're bored and and forgot about it, you can re-experience those 6-7 hours and have your fun again.
The difference is, when in WoW, you stumble upon weekly lockouts, not getting enough of whatsitsface...
It's nice when they're first released, cuz you know, most people are in progress and till we get geared up, there's an incentive to do the raids over and over again.
But now, we're in 7.3, at the brink of Antorus, and still dealing with this kind of crap.
Please... just.. ok ? (look for Barney Stinson from HIMYM)
My only complaint about the whole balance of power chain is to actually start it. I found alternative ways to level many of my alts only to realize they require parts of the aszuna storyline to even begin. Any chance we can atleast have the start of the questchain available for all characters without having to do the aszuna story 12 times? :)
Ion: we dont like that players feel they have to run old content for example chance on legendary drops

Players: maybe make balance of power account wide.

Blizz: hurr durr we increased the drop rate in raids lulz. U guise cant even imagine how important we think it is that you run this stupid quest chain in outdated raids over and over deeeeeeeerp!

The hardest problem is The Balance of Power: Nightfallen and Valarjar Revered Reputation!
Why can not it be easily the alts?
Blizzard plz! Delete this requeirement, or change only Friendly need!
Hey at least is not getting removed and that's more than I had a month ago.

What I'm worried about are the mage tower tints 2-4. I feel like it's all I do in this expansion, prepare multiple alts to eventually do mage tower, because I hate when they remove content and there's just so much. I guess it's what they wanted, to make me feel like I HAVE to :(
Before someone misundertand me, i'm not against the chance that the Balance of Power could be made easier before the expansion ends, but let's think about what we know:

I'm just coming with a proposition here that most people didn't.
Since developers are adamant to keep it at character level.

Make Balance of Power questline doable with LFR, make it's Mythic dungeon parts doable as hc or normal, make it easier to get it per char.

***Make it doable within one reset week.

Honestly, they already said that the Balance of Power appearance can be obtained in the future expansions and trasmoggable, in that case, why so hurry to obtain them? I mean, i think the fact that can be unlocked for trasmog even in the future is a good compromise to keep them as these are now.

One reset week? Honestly, even here, i don't get why, is the same about the legendary weapons (and ok, the appearance aren't legendary), you can't get the whole chain quest completed in only one week, i've nothing against this, honestly, because as said, you have the whole time for unlocking them.

I get the necessity of competition at the beginning of the expansion.
But now, forcing us to do most irrelevant raid content to get what we want is really a downer. We don't wanna go there, because we're getting better loots from everywhere besides there. There's no incentive. Yeah they're only cosmetic, but also signature appearances for the respective class/spec and when we play our toon, we want to wear them.

I think the incentive it's always been the fact that as you said, are only cosmetics, and this is from the beginning of the expansion, the cosmetic skin is the incentive itself (as the Elite PVP gear for example since WoD, they no longer have stats on them, so only cosmetics). Isn't the fact that we want to wear them the incentive?

10/10/2017 14:51Posted by Vindictious
Account bound thing is actually a good idea, because the quest line isn't a unique class experience. It's all same for anything you play with, do some mythic dungeons, get in EN N+ and loot 30 of whatsitsface, do some more mythic dungeons and then go clear NH N+ and loot 20x whatsitsface.
And not being able to get the next quests' items (eye of guldan) because we're locked out that week and that quest only unlocks if you complete 20x whatsitsface, is effing insane!

I don't think it's so insane (there are much more time-requiring things in this game), it's just reaaaaally long been made on alts characters (if we wanna say, THIS is the real disincentive: doing it for more than one character), but yes, i agree that isn't a unique class experience, so if they will change this in the future, well, i don't really mind, it would be welcome, anyway.
However i think that after doing the Balance of Power quest, the other alternative coloured skins from the specific tier are account shared (maybe, i'm not sure), i mean the +15 colour skin, the Unleashed Monstrosities and the Glory of the Legion one.

10/10/2017 14:51Posted by Vindictious
Content should be available whenever we want to play.
Consider FPS games for instance, quests like balance of power, suramar questlines etc are like single player scenario type. They both have progression, you can complete them in 6-7 hours of gameplay. And when you're bored and and forgot about it, you can re-experience those 6-7 hours and have your fun again.

But FPS and MMOs are different kind of games, in the FPS the team-work isn't necessary to grow unless you play in a really competitive scenario (i'm not saying that play with friends isn't a better experience, btw), in MMOs the social aspect is something required because the entire game is based on teamwork, hard or easy the content is, is something that you can't reach playing alone unles you are super overgeared like HC dungeons in the mid-end of an expansion / older raids / farming. The whole game is structured around it, wich FPS games aren't.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, i'm really happy that the most of the skins are unlockable even after Legion, so i can do them without any hurry (i'm a sorta of altoholic, i like playing more than one character and being forced to do the Balance of Power for all my alts it was something that disincetive me, but now that they chose to make the skins unlockable even after Legion, is a welcome for me).
I like to ask everyone to keep the comments respectful and clean please .It has been open a long time and i really dont want it shut :)
I don't think that doing EN and NH are problem, you get requried items in 1-2 lockouts (currently, it was more in the beginning), but the biggest issue with it is Suramar storyline.

While I loved it and think it's one of the bets in WoW generally speaking, I'd rather rip my eyes out than do it three times (yes, I actually did it twice).

Regards,
Imm