Balance Of Power ....

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Balance of power should be kept as per character for now, not account wide. Towards the end of the expansion they could make it account wide when more people are leveling alts, and there is less glory attached to the artifact appearances they give. But for shorter term, effort of players should be considered and respected for their active characters.
09/02/2017 02:21Posted by Seung
Balance of power should be kept as per character for now, not account wide. Towards the end of the expansion they could make it account wide when more people are leveling alts, and there is less glory attached to the artifact appearances they give. But for shorter term, effort of players should be considered and respected for their active characters.

Ive earnt it so i should be able to use it simple as that and iam more inclined to belive that people who do the 15+ aswell should be able to use it and the dungeon achivements but not the world bosses as u simply hit once and afk.
I guess to get noticed by a blue i should have mentioned rainbows,kitterns and Nomi cooking :P
09/02/2017 02:21Posted by Seung

Ive earnt it so i should be able to use it simple as that and iam more inclined to belive that people who do the 15+ aswell should be able to use it and the dungeon achievements but not the world bosses as u simply hit once and afk.

To be honest I see no glory in having this appearance. It is not Vanilla WoW anymore, where acquisition of certain weapons or gear was prestigious. Anyone can acquire everything these days, especially where the prevalence of boosting services is abysmal.

The only "glory" is in the Glory of the "whichever" Hero/Raider achievements, which in this expansion, I have earned with time and real effort and I have the right to use the appearances on all my characters. Legion Raider is still in progress.
Personally i would like it if they would upgrade the drop chance on the friggin essences from EN
Swithed character in november (was a feral druid and the RSI just wasnt worth the output) But now ive had 2 essences drop per full EN heroic clear. Just make it 100% from EN heroic that way even alts can speed it up a tiny bit.
10/02/2017 09:48Posted by Boreas
Personally i would like it if they would upgrade the drop chance on the friggin essences from EN
Swithed character in november (was a feral druid and the RSI just wasnt worth the output) But now ive had 2 essences drop per full EN heroic clear. Just make it 100% from EN heroic that way even alts can speed it up a tiny bit.

i have to agree the drop rate in EN is awful but they next lot in NH are really good drop rates imho they should be the same.

Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.
I mean that's great...an grind still...not as painfull ofcourse
10/02/2017 10:20Posted by Aerythlea

Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.

Thank you for replying to my thread is this so we grind on alts aswell or is there maybe a chance this could go account wide later or you basically dont know?
This is good news for people who are still stuck on EN part but if you are a person who likes atls doing this 12 times seem's hard .
I dont mind because its my choice to do so but there really needs some changes in the quest line if its to be that way.

/love

Good news

hahahahahahaah very funy joke there Aerythlea.
no.
we dont need drop rate increase its still retarded. I have alts that i do only pvp sorry but i already waste most of my life on this game cant give everything (sorry guldan)

While you're at it, can you ask the radar to make sure that it picks up more than one per boss and 100% of the time? Because as you are well aware, we need 20 things from Nighthold too and those aren't 100% either..
As others have said, it isn't the numbers of essence drops. Its the entire questline that is very long and time consuming.... and you have to do it for EVERY alt you want to unlock the artifact apearance.

No... I don't have such time. Even if I probably do have, it is extremely tedious. I'd have to gear each of these alts, learn to play them properly, then I have to grind the dungeons and EN, then I have to grind some more and do Nighthold which means even more gearing. For the said gearing part, I'd need not just "sufficient" gear, but extremely good gear so that I will actually get accepted in pugs since my guild probably wont do so many alt raids. It is very hard to even gear up alts that far just to get the artifact appearances. It makes me sad.

It is unneccessarily long. Make it account wide plz OR let it be completed in LFR.

Its not a sollution, its already hard to find proper group for EN and its gonna be even harder in upcoming weeks/months.
This achievement should be account-wide.
10/02/2017 11:09Posted by Nallaya

Its not a sollution, its already hard to find proper group for EN and its gonna be even harder in upcoming weeks/months.
This achievement should be account-wide.

Hard to find proper groups? Theres groups up daily that do leg farm/ap farm in both en hc and en normal

Just make it an account-wide chain like the falcosaur quests, then it doesn't matter which character we choose to raid on that week and someone could throw their entire stable of alts at the problem if that's what it took to get the Essence quest done.

Or make it doable in LFR.
13/30 now. Stopped caring. It is just one of those things i am never going to finish.
My group is not going to EN anymore. I am now spending ~10 hours each week (3 evenings of ~3 hours) in the nighthold. Hopefully we get gul'dan down this week :)
Nobody cares about EN any more ... It is all about Nighthold. I think the easiest solution is to make quest doable in LFR, that way you will still need to finish it on every char, we won't have any problems in finding groups because it queueable, and their outdated LFR will be given new life with more players who do it every week ... It feels like a win win to me.
03/02/2017 18:17Posted by Fartlas
I agree, especially now that nobody actually cares about Emerald Nightmare, and given how the drop rate isn't even 100%.

What are you smoking, everyone runs it on reset immediately for legendaries.

While an increased droprate is a good start the problem is the pure length and the fact that you need to do it all on normal difficulties and up. Fine for a semi-serious raider and maybe 1 or 2 alts. But you can't realistically expect players to drag a ton of alts through these raids.

Like 'This Side Up' this on needs to be accountwide. If that's not an option there need to be significant catch-up mechanics for alts. Just an increased droprate is not enough.