Balance Of Power ....

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 28 Next
10/02/2017 10:20Posted by Aerythlea
10/02/2017 09:48Posted by Boreas
Personally i would like it if they would upgrade the drop chance on the friggin essences from EN
Swithed character in november (was a feral druid and the RSI just wasnt worth the output) But now ive had 2 essences drop per full EN heroic clear. Just make it 100% from EN heroic that way even alts can speed it up a tiny bit.

Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.

That's a good start, but not enough. The alternate colors for this artifact shouldn't require completion of the balance of power questline, the Balance of Power appearance itself should be account wide, corrupted essences should drop in LFR (I get keeping the nighthold stuff in Normal+ since it's a new raid, but EN is old content now) and the droprate on all items required for the questline should be 100% with the chance of a second one being whatever the current droprate is.
Personally i would like it if they would upgrade the drop chance on the friggin essences from EN
Swithed character in november (was a feral druid and the RSI just wasnt worth the output) But now ive had 2 essences drop per full EN heroic clear. Just make it 100% from EN heroic that way even alts can speed it up a tiny bit.

Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.

This is actually great news. The rest of the chain isn't as time consuming, the Essences are by far the longest part. I finished the Nighthold part of the chain in two resets and the mythic dungeons can be done in one day.

If you have unlocked the artifact appearance on one character, why can't we have it on our alts aswell?

option 1: account wide;
option 2: remove requirement for other skins on same level to have this unlocked first.
option 3: none of above => unsubscribe

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'M DOING THIS CRAP ON ALL MY ALTS.
10/02/2017 20:06Posted by Vendetta
<span class="truncated">...</span>

option 2: remove requirement for other skins on same level to have this unlocked first.

Option 1: Maybe in the future. Don't see why not.
Option 2: Not gonna happen, stop being so damn entitled. They said this is the way it will be before the expansion even launched. I can't believe people still moan about this when they should've seen this coming from a mile away.
Option 3: Quitting over a cosmetic? Good riddance.
10/02/2017 17:00Posted by Aeula

That's a good start, but not enough. The alternate colors for this artifact shouldn't require completion of the balance of power questline, the Balance of Power appearance itself should be account wide, corrupted essences should drop in LFR (I get keeping the nighthold stuff in Normal+ since it's a new raid, but EN is old content now) and the droprate on all items required for the questline should be 100% with the chance of a second one being whatever the current droprate is.

Yes, the alternate colors should require BoP. That's how it work for every other appearance too. They're all linear and it's how the devs wanted it to be to avoid stupid shortcuts. It was announced before expansion launch.

Account wide, sure, don't see why not. Or at least a catch up mechanic after you finish it.

LFR? No. There was a blue response on US that explained why not and I agree with his ideology completely. Allow some things to be exclusive for heaven's sake.

100% drop rate? After you complete it the first time I can agree with that as a nice catch up mechanic for alts. Before that it's too excessive for an appearance they want to keep exclusive.
@Deanna

Even tho i don't have this Appearance, and am hoping they will add it to LFR so i can finish it because i won't run EN on Normal or harder difficulty, ill maybe do occesional LFR for Satchel, but that's it ... i agree with you. Some things in game should stay exclusive.

And to stay exclusive they should never make it Account Wide! It should stay as is , only with slightly higher drop chance. So who wants it on ALT will have to go though whole chain, even tho i bet that not many will ... This is part of what makes it exclusive.
10/02/2017 20:27Posted by Deanna

Yes, the alternate colors should require BoP. That's how it work for every other appearance too. They're all linear and it's how the devs wanted it to be to avoid stupid shortcuts. It was announced before expansion launch.

Account wide, sure, don't see why not. Or at least a catch up mechanic after you finish it.

LFR? No. There was a blue response on US that explained why not and I agree with his ideology completely. Allow some things to be exclusive for heaven's sake.

100% drop rate? After you complete it the first time I can agree with that as a nice catch up mechanic for alts. Before that it's too excessive for an appearance they want to keep exclusive.

Yes but for the other appearances you had to do things from the same aspect of the content, i already mentioned it, first line was leveling story content, second was order hall/artifact weapon content, fourth was pvp content, and then the third line is just everywhere, raiding content, mythic+ content, world boss kills, and this is the first line where we could get the second or third color before the first.

There is nothing to keep it exclusive, not like its mythic raiding content, Normal raids slightly harder than lfr, everyone can get it, the 7.2 ones was told to be hard solo content skin so if someone get it we will know he is a good player, the third line doesn't mean anything, everyone can farm normal raids.
some parts of this quest were amazing and very nice, some others were very boring, overall i was happy i did it, but yeah i don't think ill be doing it on my alt. Also i hope balance of power becomes a requisite for a future quest chain, so all that work can pay off in future aswell, if it stays like this i don't mind aswell, but would be happy if it could go on more.
Can you stop quoting the blue post like a big man
Just make it account wide. The questline cant even be done in mythic+ dungeons. it is just a waste of time on alts. Catch up mechanics like the ones used on legendaries in MoP and WoD just suck. Instead of 8 weeks i only need to do 5 weeks of boring !@#$ that I have already done on my main.
It's an appearance, it isn't like the legendaries back in MoP and WoD which boosted your character's performance. It wouldn't hurt to make it account-wide, plus this spec's appearance blows (it clips through the legs!), it doesn't feel like I got much from completing this questline.
10/02/2017 20:27Posted by Deanna

First, those other skins had a progression to them, this appearance has a series of random tasks.

Second, the quest chain isn't 'exclusive' it's a needless time sink.

And finally, it's not excessive, RNG is a cheap way of prolonging content. Blizzard doesn't have an excuse to keep using such terrible mechanics 12 years on.
One more voice here for making all of the artifact appearances account wide.

If you've earned it, you've earned it. No point of "earning" everything over and over and over again - who has time for that? Or the sanity?

I don't want to work for stuff in-game - you play games for FUN. And doing the same very lengthy, extremely time-consuming stuff repeatedly over and over is not fun. It's dumb, and insulting.

So some prestigious special snowflake gets his toes stepped on if appearances are made account-wide; so what. They'll live.

Good. Now make the achievement account-wide. If this was something challenging like CMs were, I'd understand. But this is anything but challenging. This is just boring, time-gated grind.
"on our radar" trollolol, so what? after 7.2 some time? :P
Make it accountwide already! ^^
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Option 2: Not gonna happen, stop being so damn entitled. They said this is the way it will be before the expansion even launched. I can't believe people still moan about this when they should've seen this coming from a mile away.

oh no! normal raids are so hard, makes this skin row very exclusive!/s
emerald nightmare normal bosses die in about 1-2 minutes... nighthold when tomb is out will be same, i can easily see the requirement being removed, it's not hard, just a time sink for special snowflakes like yourself who think you're pro because you got a skin from faceroll normals
11/02/2017 23:20Posted by Trashbringer
emerald nightmare normal bosses die in about 1-2 minutes... nighthold when tomb is out will be same, i can easily see the requirement being removed, it's not hard, just a time sink for special snowflakes like yourself who think you're pro because you got a skin from faceroll normals

Pretty sure nobody ever said normal is hard. And again, I'm more than fine with this being account-wide or with a major catch-up mechanic for alts.

11/02/2017 12:54Posted by Aeula
First, those other skins had a progression to them, this appearance has a series of random tasks.

They're not random at all. The only oddity there is the world bosses, but the theme is still 'non-matchmade PvE content'. Lemme quote a blue (this also answers your 'it should be available in LFR' insistency).

Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.

We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749196493?page=6#post-113
11/02/2017 23:20Posted by Trashbringer

So says the LFR "This is my alt actually" Champ...

I've cleared EN on normal and Heroic, and have downed about 70 bosses between the two, heavily weighted towards HC, and so far have a whopping 18/30.

The essences have a ridiculously low droprate, the quest needs far too many of them given said droprate, and the prospect of doing that on more than one character?

No way in hell.

Add my vote for making it an account wide unlock already.