Balance Of Power ....

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
Please dont turn the thread into a row keep it nice and calm .
The world boss one shouldnt even been in the same line/tree its hardly hard work compared to the +15 and dungeon achivements .
I personally think it shouldnt be in there purely as u just hit a boss and afk .
But thats just a view of mine but no idea what to replace it with .
Saying that i still think it should be account wide .
<span class="truncated">...</span>

oh no! normal raids are so hard, makes this skin row very exclusive!/s
emerald nightmare normal bosses die in about 1-2 minutes... nighthold when tomb is out will be same, i can easily see the requirement being removed, it's not hard, just a time sink for special snowflakes like yourself who think you're pro because you got a skin from faceroll normals

So says the LFR "This is my alt actually" Champ...

I've cleared EN on normal and Heroic, and have downed about 70 bosses between the two, heavily weighted towards HC, and so far have a whopping 18/30.

The essences have a ridiculously low droprate, the quest needs far too many of them given said droprate, and the prospect of doing that on more than one character?

No way in hell.

Add my vote for making it an account wide unlock already.

So me just starting out on the quest and not wanting to raid prior makes me an "LFR Champ"? I cleared normal in a pug, solo tanked & healed and killed all bosses in 1-2minutes, normal is easy, and the drop rate is getting an increase, so your "Ridiculously low droprate" is going to become null.

And to people who think this skin is only special because of the insane RNG, have fun seeing everyone with this skin after tomb of sargeras and after drop rate increase, anyone will be able to get this skin blindfolded :^)
10/02/2017 10:20Posted by Aerythlea
Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.

News would be much better if you were announcing that I won't have to grind this extremely boring questline on 11 other classess.
12/02/2017 11:45Posted by Trashbringer

So says the LFR "This is my alt actually" Champ...

I've cleared EN on normal and Heroic, and have downed about 70 bosses between the two, heavily weighted towards HC, and so far have a whopping 18/30.

The essences have a ridiculously low droprate, the quest needs far too many of them given said droprate, and the prospect of doing that on more than one character?

No way in hell.

Add my vote for making it an account wide unlock already.

So me just starting out on the quest and not wanting to raid prior makes me an "LFR Champ"? I cleared normal in a pug, solo tanked & healed and killed all bosses in 1-2minutes, normal is easy, and the drop rate is getting an increase, so your "Ridiculously low droprate" is going to become null.

And to people who think this skin is only special because of the insane RNG, have fun seeing everyone with this skin after tomb of sargeras and after drop rate increase, anyone will be able to get this skin blindfolded :^)

I havent said that in any of my posts and iam asking for it to be account wide i have no idea why people are rowing in the first place .
Please stop the flame everyone i dont want this topic locked .
12/02/2017 11:47Posted by Skinnydude
10/02/2017 10:20Posted by Aerythlea
Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.

News would be much better if you were announcing that I won't have to grind this extremely boring questline on 11 other classess.

Exactly would be lovely not to have to do that .
Just an update, the droprate of Corrupted Essences was increased during the hotfixes applied last night.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/20478238

I've seen a few players asking why the base artifact appearance from this questline is required to equip the other appearances on the row, whereas this isn't the case with the hidden artifact appearance.

The intent is that all rows require the first appearance to be unlocked before being able to use the rest of the colour variants. It's actually a bug that the hidden artifact appearance allowed you to use the colour variants without unlocking the base hidden appearance. However, since we're not entirely happy with how hidden artifact appearance unlocks went for some specs, we decided to leave it as it is.

The rest of the feedback in this thread is being heard and passed on, thanks for keeping it (mostly) constructive.
14/02/2017 10:15Posted by Aerythlea
Just an update, the droprate of Corrupted Essences was increased during the hotfixes applied last night.

I've seen a few players asking why the base artifact appearance from this questline is required to equip the other appearances on the row, whereas this isn't the case with the hidden artifact appearance.

The intent is that all rows require the first appearance to be unlocked before being able to use the rest of the colour variants. It's actually a bug that the hidden artifact appearance allowed you to use the colour variants without unlocking the base hidden appearance. However, since we're not entirely happy with how hidden artifact appearance unlocks went for some specs, we decided to leave it as it is.

The rest of the feedback in this thread is being heard and passed on, thanks for keeping it (mostly) constructive.

Thank you so very much for answering my thread twice its really amazeing to hear that its been read and listened to fills me with hope that things might change you have made a very sad girl happy on valentines day ty :)

Happy Valetines all :)

All artefact appearances should be account-wide. That includes the Prestige and BoP grinds themselves.

This isn't like swapping to a FotM class for arena; this is cosmetic stuff that has no bearing on player power, and as such there's no reason for it to not have QoL changes oozing out of it.
This is cosmetic stuff, so to say the drop rates have been increased, while nice, is still not enough considering how long this chain takes. This REALLY needs to be account wide, there's no other fair way of doing it, ESPECIALLY since you've put the Unleashed Monstrosities skin behind it.

Given the length of this entire quest chain and the fact that EN is just the first step the droprate needs to be 100%. If a char on the account has already completed Balance of Power clusters/multiples need to drop in EN so you can get it over with in 2 or 3 runs.

You can't realistically expect guilds to run tons of alts through EN 5+ times for a single questchain. Especially since you can't just power through it on LFR.

EN is still somewhat current now but in 6+ months nobody will do that anymore, apart from LFR.

I still think it needs to be account-wide, just like the archaeology one was hotfixed to.

But why when the three alternate colours have next to nothing to do with the balance of power questline? I could understand if all four were unlocked over the course of the chain, but they involve completely different content.
Thank you for listening to the playerbase, but I think you are missing the point.

As said, it isn't the drop rate. It is the entire quest line. It is very long. Lots of people have problems doing it. Let alone do for alts.

Make it account wide. I believe it can be completed by everyone who want it, but forcing people to do it twice or more is just... well... pointless. It is unfun.

I can understand you don't want it to be account wide now, but, please, make it account wide later. Those who spent time and effort to complete it can have their "exclusive" appearance for a while... that is if you want to add in some exclusive stuff.... Seriously, I feel cringe every time I write word "exclusive" since in a game like this, it feels like a curse word.
14/02/2017 13:21Posted by Aeula

But why when the three alternate colours have next to nothing to do with the balance of power questline? I could understand if all four were unlocked over the course of the chain, but they involve completely different content.

To quote a blue.

11/02/2017 23:50Posted by Deanna
Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.
And yet, those people who do take part in organized, non-matchmade content, won't or have hard time getting this to their alts. Organized, non-matchmade content requires preparation and effort that alts don't have unless they are basically second main.

The said person who has taken part in organized, non-matchmade content has ALREADY done that part. They have taken part in organized, non-matchmade content. They have completed the part already. It should be account wide.

To get this on all alts, would need you to level, gear and learn to play as much as your main or nearly. Do we need to play that many mains, if we want these appearances?
1. Make the questline completeable in LFR. Emerald Nightmare will only be less relevant with each new tier. I say this as someone that runs LFR with alts.

2. Make it account-wide. No reason not to, these things are entirely cosmetic.

3. Make an event at the end of the expansion where the appearances can be collected through other means, so as to prevent people missing out on these appearances that will go to waste otherwise.
I think it's more bull that the -other- skins are locked behind Balance of Power, than the RNG-fest of the items themselfs, eventho they too are a massive fest of bull.

If a person puts effort into one thing, he or she should be rewarded for the effort placed.
Not having to do twice the effort, for something completely different.

The skins are supposed to showcase what you have accomplished, Correct?
So why in Gul'dans underwear do I have to do Balance of power after / before doing +15 keystone to showcase that I have done said keystone-level?

It makes no sense.
I'm no "Special snowflake" (Insert whatever idiotic buzzword-usage here) or whatever you wish to stamp on to anyone expressing an opinion differating from yours

but - why?
Just why?

Make the thing more alt friendly -AND- remove the stupid requirement of having to do it FOR THE OTHER SKINS.
I do not care for the skin from Nighthold, whatsoever, it's not the skin I am after at all.
I want what the reward for what I put effort into doing, without having to do mindbending to understand the logics of having to do something else before unlocking it.

Anyone arguing that "Balance of Power" requires skill is, frankly, not really aware of how easy the raid is...
To get balance of power completed, you basically just have to have RNG on your side and/or farm it a lot.
Unless you are severely undergeared, and people are watching TV instead of the fights, you'll easily do the bosses in question until you unlock this achievement.

So, an easy achievement, which is halted by the fact of RNG and hence made annoying - locks a skin that is harder to obtain.
Logics. \o/~

Maybe we should lock everything behind RNG?
Oh wait that's the entire theme of Legion...

Sheit, this wall of text was unecessary. :)
Apologize and have a nice day.
14/02/2017 17:16Posted by Rorcanna
1. Make the questline completeable in LFR. Emerald Nightmare will only be less relevant with each new tier. I say this as someone that runs LFR with alts.

No.

14/02/2017 18:30Posted by Náia
So why in Gul'dans underwear do I have to do Balance of power after / before doing +15 keystone to showcase that I have done said keystone-level?

Beacuse its not a skin.

A skin you get when you raise your weapon to the sky and do the heroic pose. That unlocks a skin. A tint is just a tint. I'm surprised this is so hard to understand.
14/02/2017 18:36Posted by Flashbringer
14/02/2017 17:16Posted by Rorcanna

No.

14/02/2017 18:30Posted by Náia

Beacuse its not a skin.

A skin you get when you raise your weapon to the sky and do the heroic pose. That unlocks a skin. A tint is just a tint. I'm surprised this is so hard to understand.

Except it is totally a skin, especially for druids.
I am surprised this is so hard to understand.

Also going to add in, since you've completely missed this obvious thing:
They are reskins, because the weapons themselfs change shape as well as color.
It's not a tint, a tint is if it'd be ONLY color change - which it is not.

Stop trying to argue something when you're not even up to par with what you're talking about.

Adding third because you're most likely going to whine otherwise:
Balance of power and +15 Keystone achievement - YES they are different TINTs.
But why even bring this up?
I'm arguing that locking a different looking skin (+15 keystone, differating from say Normal) behind another type of content, is stupid.
Completing a +15 keystone, doing 8 worlbosses or getting Glory of the Legion - what do they have to do with doing RNG-repetetiveness Raiding?
They are all PvE? Is that your logic?
Okey so, why don't they apply this logic EVERYWHERE? Not talking about skins now, but really EVERYWHERE.

Why do I not have to do EN before I enter Nighthold? Why isn't this a REQUIREMENT?
THAT would make more sense, than locking +15 keystone (Involving 5 total players, doing things on a time limit, with ridiculous affixes that change weekly), behind doing RAID RNG.

+15 keystone should have had a progess together with other DUNGEON content, not RAID, and NOT RNG.

The PvP skins make sense, Prestige X first --- then Prestige y, different tints of said skin.
Same type of content, same type of task, logic progress, logical difficulty-showcase for different colors.

The RNG one of Hidden Skin is kind of ridiculous too for some classes, and plenty have complained about how poorly and lazy that was executed already, BUT due to (apparently) a "bug", you could get the different looks via different RNG-lucks and then grind the colors you wanted (Be it x amount of Y in pvp, or pve, it was a set number you had no RNG involved in)
This "bug" is the only thing that kept people happy, because seriously... RNG isn't fun or creative. :)

There's a lot of these tiers that make no sense why they placed them in the same row.
Archology skin in the same row as Artifact trait? What? Why? Where did that come from?
The other ones make somewhat sense, since it's progress of your toon that happens somewhat naturally over course of time, depending on how much time you spend, not RNG.
But the addition of Archeology ("This side up") as the last variation in that row is, again, stupid.

They could've done these things A LOT better, and a blue even admitted so.
He also said unlocking things WITHOUT unlocking the 1st in every row was a "Bug", but honestly...
That bug saved them a lot of hate. :)
Because they've made a lot of stupid, poor and lazy decisions this expansion, many who could've been completely avoided and easily fixed.
However, lazy and easy quest design (Skinner box and/or lack of imagination / money-to-spend-properly) caused issues.

Example: Hidden skin drops from a world boss for Frost DKs, how is that lore-interesting or in any way, shape or form creative?
They've effed up a lot, and this Skin-"progress" is one of many.

You can summarise a lot of the decisions this expansion with this happening during meetings:
"How do we let them get this?"
"Solve it with RNG."

End of rant.
Was it buffed this reset? Last run I got 2. Today I got 22.
15/02/2017 14:17Posted by Lightglass
Was it buffed this reset? Last run I got 2. Today I got 22.

Now THAT's some buff. When i saw the blue post i assumed 50-100% buff, not 10x. Hopefully that will put an end to this thread.