Balance Of Power ....

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Well, bear in mind those are the only two runs (with the quest active) I've done on any character at all, so they're not exactly representative data :P
15/02/2017 14:21Posted by Shumensko
15/02/2017 14:17Posted by Lightglass
Was it buffed this reset? Last run I got 2. Today I got 22.

Now THAT's some buff. When i saw the blue post i assumed 50-100% buff, not 10x. Hopefully that will put an end to this thread.

Yep, for a bit of clarification the increase is that you are guaranteed to get at least 1 Corrupted Essence per boss now, with a reasonably high chance of getting more than 1.
Wauw, thanks. Time to do another EN-run then :)
15/02/2017 14:45Posted by Aerythlea

Now THAT's some buff. When i saw the blue post i assumed 50-100% buff, not 10x. Hopefully that will put an end to this thread.

Yep, for a bit of clarification the increase is that you are guaranteed to get at least 1 Corrupted Essence per boss now, with a reasonably high chance of getting more than 1.

Thank you for the updates :)

I'd still rather the quest be an account-wide one like the falcosaur chains, so that I'd only have to do it once.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing the AP for that to happen.
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

EDIT!

Nevermind. Got my EN part of the questline done in a single heroic run. That's a good droprate! (Done all on my Demon Hunter).
Did normal on my druid. ended on 29/30. Then i went to Heroic to get the last one. And i didnt get a single drop of it.
Do you get the essence in only one difficulty?
16/02/2017 08:29Posted by Arctius
Do you get the essence in only one difficulty?

Fortunately, yes.
14/02/2017 19:50Posted by Náia
Except it is totally a skin, especially for druids.
I am surprised this is so hard to understand.

Also going to add in, since you've completely missed this obvious thing:
They are reskins, because the weapons themselfs change shape as well as color.
It's not a tint, a tint is if it'd be ONLY color change - which it is not.

Stop trying to argue something when you're not even up to par with what you're talking about.

You're still wrong.

Trying to question my knowledge doesnt make it correct either.
I think the req to do normal nighthold is good and bad.
the good part it takes out people who are used to do LFR which is not hard at all to do normal mode at least and push yourself to do better so you have a spot for the raid.
The bad part is that to join nighthold normal runs you need to have done HC already and have the curv and betrayer achievment that is bad.
First to do heroiec you need to have done normal and i am doing what i can do get 880 ilvl so i have a bigger changs to join in without doing the heroic version first.
My guild atm dont even raid so i am also looking for a new normal raiding guild but most guild raid late at night which i cant do and that is why i enjoy pre made groups so i can join in and i feel like it.
Other than that a long and nice quest line that overall is good for forst time around but will get you on the bad side when you have to do it again on your alts.
Aeula here. Finally got to the part of the questline where I need to do Normal Nighthold and I've got to say, this blasted appearance definitely needs to be account wide.

The fact that some of the quests require revered with the Valajar and Nightfallen alone is enough to have it become account wide. Even though getting this far only took me one day, that was mostly because this character already met many of the requirements. Doing this on every alt I own would burn me out in no time.

Here's hoping I can hop into a nighthold group tomorrow and start wrapping this questline up. Definitely don't want to do it again.

EDIT: Getting into a nighthold group is a pain in the rear. They all want curve for normal...

...... But why did you not just make it account wide? I think that it is great that the drop chance is increased, but it is not like you have said anything about why it can't be account wide?

While it is not a huge problem now, getting this on an alt in 7.2 and 7.3 is gonna get harder and harder. It is not like content is gonna be cut or anything, since we have already done the content once before. So.... Why is it not an account wide thing?
10/02/2017 17:00Posted by Aeula
10/02/2017 10:20Posted by Aerythlea

Good news, we're looking into increasing the drop rate of Corrupted Essences in the future, to avoid having players stalling out for too long on this step. I don't have an ETA right now, but it's definitely something on our radar.

That's a good start, but not enough. The alternate colors for this artifact shouldn't require completion of the balance of power questline, the Balance of Power appearance itself should be account wide, corrupted essences should drop in LFR (I get keeping the nighthold stuff in Normal+ since it's a new raid, but EN is old content now) and the droprate on all items required for the questline should be 100% with the chance of a second one being whatever the current droprate is.

http://imgur.com/a/vb9a7
17/02/2017 04:15Posted by Silenthit

...... But why did you not just make it account wide? I think that it is great that the drop chance is increased, but it is not like you have said anything about why it can't be account wide?

While it is not a huge problem now, getting this on an alt in 7.2 and 7.3 is gonna get harder and harder. It is not like content is gonna be cut or anything, since we have already done the content once before. So.... Why is it not an account wide thing?

Because and i dont agree with it they will simply say "its your choice" but they really need to make it account wide as doing it for 12 different classes is an unheathly game play.
17/02/2017 05:09Posted by Deanna
10/02/2017 17:00Posted by Aeula

That's a good start, but not enough. The alternate colors for this artifact shouldn't require completion of the balance of power questline, the Balance of Power appearance itself should be account wide, corrupted essences should drop in LFR (I get keeping the nighthold stuff in Normal+ since it's a new raid, but EN is old content now) and the droprate on all items required for the questline should be 100% with the chance of a second one being whatever the current droprate is.

http://imgur.com/a/vb9a7

I really don't care.
Blizzard change their stances on things all the time, stop linking me blue posts.
They should make it an account-wide unlock, however I am against the idea of making the essences drop in LFR. the whole row is a reward for doing PVE and requires some skill to unlock (except the 8 world bosses one). I think the best solution is to remove the requirement to unlock the whole row and remove the 8 WB colour. so you get the 15+ colour if you have that achievement and same with the glory and the Balance of Power one. this way it stays a special PVE reward but it does n0t force people who only like dungeons into a raid enviroment
17/02/2017 16:31Posted by Paradoxor
They should make it an account-wide unlock, however I am against the idea of making the essences drop in LFR. the whole row is a reward for doing PVE and requires some skill to unlock (except the 8 world bosses one). I think the best solution is to remove the requirement to unlock the whole row and remove the 8 WB colour. so you get the 15+ colour if you have that achievement and same with the glory and the Balance of Power one. this way it stays a special PVE reward but it does n0t force people who only like dungeons into a raid enviroment

so mop/wod could give legendaries from LFR and still can now but people are not allowed a tint hmm ok
Yeah, this really needs to be account wide considering its just a cosmetic reward and no increase in player power. At least when your system requires first appearance to unlock the subsequent 3.
19/02/2017 12:14Posted by Petergrippín
Yeah, this really needs to be account wide considering its just a cosmetic reward and no increase in player power. At least when your system requires first appearance to unlock the subsequent 3.

exactly if it was a performance boost i could understand but its just a look hence me asking in the OP i know it would be my choice to do the 12 classes but blizzard always harp on about unhealthy gameplay which this basically leads to.
Well the only really hard part is suramar requirement. Igetting rep there takes longer than ballance of power. I will grind nighthold esences during 7.2 when i will be able to pig them with pvp items but getting suramar rep is way too much of a time investment.