No Fox Mount Letter drop yet - need clarification!

Quests & Achievements
I have been farming the Torn Letter for a long time with two characters (on two different servers).
Everybody seems to have the Fox Mount already, I wonder what did I miss?

Can someone (maybe even a blue) please provide me with clarification, to help me figure out how to continue to farm the mount, in terms of organisation and expectation?

As far as I know, there are four sources:

- Nightfallen Emissary Chests
I have done every Nightfallen Emissary Chest since October (November on the second character).

- Withered Army Training
I also did the Withered Army Training since Oct/Nov, twice a week on both characters.
A month ago I read on reddit, the letter will drop even if you abort the scenario immediately with 0 points, in the smallest chest.
Since then I did the suggested lazy approach.
Is this still true is it hotfixed (or maybe a collective troll lie on reddit)?

- Order Hall Missions:
After ignoring missions at first, i started to do them a month ago. Now I have on both chars 4 epic ilvl 850 champions (+ 1 bodyguard champion).
What is the mission length and requirements for the Torn Letter one?

- Rares and Chests in Suramar:
I did pick up a chest occasionally, killed a few rares for Warden WQs, but I will wait until flying to get the rest.

Did I miss a source?

Is all my information on the four sources correct?

How high is the estimated droprate of the letter by each source?
Blizzard employee wont hand out info for smth like this, and if you ask they usually answer something like "check fan sites" which brings me to the wowhead link (which I assume you have read upside down and inside out alrdy) :
http://www.wowhead.com/item=137573/reins-of-the-llothien-prowler#comments
And they are giving so much info on the comments for you already that I doubt there is much more to it than RNG.
I have not had the luck either, but not all my friends have it either when some of them got it soon as they started Suramar.
Same here and I'm not complaining RNG is RNG sorry
No one is complaining. But RNG sometimes requires a lot of patience.

Getting new Information or changing my playstyle helps to keep me motivated.
I have farmed karazhan for Attunments mount for 9 years.
Got it at my 1.000ish kill maybe more as I lost counting. However got my Experiment 12b on my first run.
RnG is RnG.
Good Luck
07/02/2017 06:41Posted by Kutsál
I have farmed karazhan for Attunments mount for 9 years.
Got it at my 1.000ish kill maybe more as I lost counting. However got my Experiment 12b on my first run.
RnG is RnG.
Good Luck

I farmed and got all the dungeon/raid mounts from classic up to cataclysm in only 5 month last year, with 6 characters. It also helped to be really lucky.

I know, RNG is RNG, I am not an idiot ;).
But there are other factors, too. The right strategy and determination helps to do more attempts in a shorter time-frame.

And RNG also means, the more attempts you try/plan, the more likely it is that one of them succeeds.

Success-Chance = 1 - ((1 - Drop-Chance/100)^Attempts)

With this formula and my five month experience, I determined a 200 attempts "softcap" for a 1% drop chance. By then it has an 86% success chance, that 1 in 200 rolls will return the 1% for the mount.
Every attempt above that is really bad luck.

With the Fox Mount, I am nearing my 200th attempt, so I assume, besides the RNG luck-factor, the drop chance could be a lot lower :(.