Necrotic.

General
Can you please just make the debuff go away instantly as soon as the group leaves combat? It sucks to stand around so much. It slows things down not in a challenging way, but in a boring way.
09/02/2017 11:00Posted by Keilen
Can you please just make the debuff go away instantly as soon as the group leaves combat? It sucks to stand around so much. It slows things down not in a challenging way, but in a boring way.

I've seen multiple tanks start kiting before the end of killing various packs, so the debuff wears off. Meaning no waiting around is needed.
09/02/2017 11:09Posted by Hellpriesto
09/02/2017 11:00Posted by Keilen

I've seen multiple tanks start kiting before the end of killing various packs, so the debuff wears off. Meaning no waiting around is needed.

We do this. The whole point of necrotic is to manage the stacks. When trash are near death, kite them so your stacks run out as soon as the trash dies then you can move on to the next. It's a tank hated afix, so it's going to be a bit of a challenge, which is great.
While you're at it please make volcanic miss, mobs forget to enrage or bolster and overflowing create rainbows instead of absorb shields.
Can't you just anti-magic shield and move away when they're at like 5-10%?
I dont understand the point of it to be honest, i mean necrotic is just one week when its extra hard to find a tank, then next week you just faceroll it what was hard with affixes that requires no effort.
Honestly in it's current format necrotic is more annoying than engaging. What is the go-to strategy for necrotic other than kite? It could be redesigned to give more interactions with the debuff, depending on whether you want it to be a mechanic for tanks or healers to deal with.
09/02/2017 11:16Posted by Barelyheals
overflowing create rainbows instead of absorb shields.

Gets my vote.

As for necrotic it is just a huge 'meeeeh' from me. I dislike it, but I dislike bolstering more.

I do feel bad for you as a DK though with everyone saying "Kite" as the way to address this affix. Wraithwalk so OP :/
09/02/2017 11:13Posted by Versie
It's a tank hated afix

as a healer i that to.

Necrotic and overflow, the only affixes i hate so much. I never though i can hate something that much. Other affixes are fine for me.
As soon as the enemies are dead, the challenge of this affix is over. I don't see why the debuff should remain on me for so long. What's the point? And how am I supposed to kite mobs for 10 seconds that have more movement speed than me, are immune to stuns, roots, snares or even jump on me, which there are plenty of in numerous different dungeons.
09/02/2017 11:22Posted by Korvik
Honestly in it's current format necrotic is more annoying than engaging. What is the go-to strategy for necrotic other than kite? It could be redesigned to give more interactions with the debuff, depending on whether you want it to be a mechanic for tanks or healers to deal with.

This game isn't as complex as your comment requires. In a current states, properly managing Necrotic stacks is considered as challenging. Good tanks will know how to do it, bad won't. Simple as that.

You can twist it around that it's "boring, irritating" etc as much as you can, but as said, in the game as WoW, it is considered challenging, which is good.

Edit: semantic typo

Regards,
Imm
This game isn't as complex as your comment requires. In a current states, properly managing Necrotic stacks is considered as challenging. Good tanks will know how to do it, bad won't. Simple as that.

You can twist it around that's not "boring, irritating" etc as much as you can, but as said, in the game as WoW, it is considered challenging, which is good.

It's not challenge i'm bothered by, it's that the challenge is boring. Kiting as a tank effectively means "run away and nothing else for 12 seconds". I'm glad i have Anti-magic shell to prevent application for 5 seconds, but other tanks don't have that.

They could alter necrotic so that every time you lose X% of health (as a tank) you gain a stack, so your damage mitigation becomes more important. It could be that when you dispel necrotic it removes X stacks. It could change from a % of healing taken reduction, to a % of max health healing absorption. Hell, it could become a buff on mobs at certain times where then their attacks/melee attacks apply to the tank, meaning you have to kite that mob/mobs if you pull enough.

These are just a few ideas i came up with in about 30 seconds, and to deal with any of them is more interesting than just running away with your thumb up your butt for 12 seconds.
I used to hate necrotic, then found ways to manage it.

The first method is of course kiting. Start doing that when the mobs reach low health. If you have an AoE stun, slow, or personal speed buff you can often get out of range for 10 or so seconds. This is of course dependent on your group's awareness, the dungeon and your class.

Second method is a food buff. You're probably using a standard food buff for most of the time but it can be beneficial to change that up when dealing with necrotic. There are two I recommend: one of them gives a significant speed boost to you when a mob dies, this is useful to initiate the above idea, the second one is the foodbuff that boosts your out of combat regeneration by 1000%. This effect is not reduced by necrotic, so it will heal you up to full while you wait for your stacks to drop. That's a time saver for both you and your healer.

Third method is knowing how necrotic gets applied in the first place. The DoT deals magic damage but isn't a magic effect (ie. can't be dispelled). However, the application of the buff is a magic effect. If you are immune to spells (for example, Protadin's Blessing of Spellwarding, which also doesn't make you lose aggro btw), the DoT will still be active, but new stacks will not be applied. I don't know if Anti-Magic shield does the same for a DK, you're the person playing one.

Change your spec around, try out different legendaries, use a different foodbuff. And if you're going for the higher keystones, communicate with your team to coordinate stuns and cc.

Necrotic is like bolstering: it can screw you over a great deal if you don't deal with it correctly. However, if you do deal with it, it's relatively harmless.
09/02/2017 12:57Posted by Naera
Second method is a food buff. You're probably using a standard food buff for most of the time but it can be beneficial to change that up when dealing with necrotic. There are two I recommend: one of them gives a significant speed boost to you when a mob dies, this is useful to initiate the above idea, the second one is the foodbuff that boosts your out of combat regeneration by 1000%. This effect is not reduced by necrotic, so it will heal you up to full while you wait for your stacks to drop. That's a time saver for both you and your healer.

Fighter Chow (1000% HP regain out of combat)
Bear Tartare (70% movement speed after a killing blow for 5 secs)
You may also want to pick Mammoth milk (restores 50% of maximum HP each minute), but you need to farm it (not craftable).
I was unaware of the Chow buff. I need to make more use of that then.
AoE Stuns at the tail end of a trash pack help so you can kite earlier.
DKs can AMS a fair chunk of the debuff (or all of it if they have hte legendary that increases its duration).

The point is, there are lots of ways to deal with the various affixes. Its supposed to make us do things we wouldn't normally bother with, ie. play more parts of the game. I found it really hard at first, but I'm quite enjoying it now.
Dear forum Kielen has now made her weekly post about affix or legendary ./pat
09/02/2017 15:17Posted by Sylendra

Wait... you remember the frequency of posts of complete strangers? And you have almost 10.000 posts yourself? I am worried about you man. You need to get a life.
09/02/2017 15:28Posted by Keilen
09/02/2017 15:17Posted by Sylendra

Wait... you remember the frequency of posts of complete strangers? And you have almost 10.000 posts yourself? I am worried about you man. You need to get a life.

Nope just check your post history its that simple and the old "get a life" really still useing that in 2017 thats so 2005
09/02/2017 16:03Posted by Líadrín
09/02/2017 15:28Posted by Keilen

Nope just check your post history its that simple and the old "get a life" really still useing that in 2017 thats so 2005

You are right, I am sorry. It is "the current year" after all.
My only issue with Necrotic is that lasts ten seconds.

else I find it a fine affixes with good challenge to it.

-Every down vote only makes me stronger.