Throw Down in Dalaran This Friday!

7.2 PTR General Discussion
In this week's PTR Development Notes, we mentioned that we were planning to stress test some new server technology we're rolling out in Patch 7.2. Initially, our plan was to have everyone fight Withered J'im, but we wanted to come up with something a little more exciting to make it more fun to participate in.

So, this Friday (March 10th), we'll be turning Dalaran into a free-for-all PvP zone on the 7.2 PTR. You'll be able to attack anyone and anything you want - both players and NPCs alike. Oh, and you'll have the same buff mechanic used in the Black Rook Rumble world quest: every time you kill a player, you'll get a stacking increase to your health and damage (but reduced healing taken).

We're expecting this to be absolute mayhem... which is great, because we need to put our servers through the ringer! And since events like this are the sort of thing we can only do on the PTR, we're really hoping to have as many players participating as possible.

This event will run from 3 PM to 5 PM Pacific time on Friday (midnight to 2 AM CET on Saturday). If you'd like to join us, please make sure you have the PTR downloaded and your character copied over ahead of time - while we want to stress test as much as possible, the PTR character copy system is likely to break in the process, so make sure you have a character ready to go!
Why not spawn a boss with ALOT of hp in Dalaran and drops a 925 Arcanocrystal. Now that would be fun :)
You'll be able to attack anyone and anything you want - both players and NPCs alike.

Oh, i can imagine a particular pandaran cooking NPC is gonna get it.
So you can get one shot by overgeared pveers and aoed by tanks? Nah, ill pass. Try fixing the rubbish pvp system first.
08/03/2017 22:39Posted by Gogeta
You'll be able to attack anyone and anything you want - both players and NPCs alike.

They should give him some boss level stats and make him twice as big just for the fun of it, twin nomi's encounter in Dalaran (there's two of them in dalaran)

It'll be fun to watch.
Time to kill Nomi
08/03/2017 22:35Posted by Vecka
Why not spawn a boss with ALOT of hp in Dalaran and drops a 925 Arcanocrystal. Now that would be fun :)

If devs are about that will probably happen, those cheating bastards :P.

(ofcourse no loot :P)
*looks at Nomi* Your days are numbered.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They should give him some boss level stats and make him twice as big just for the fun of it, twin nomi's encounter in Dalaran (there's two of them in dalaran)

It'll be fun to watch.
That would be absolutely hilarious. Like you if you kill Nomi he hovers into the air with a green fel orb and then turns into a massive panda with burning eyes who attacks you with a flaming pinroller and blackened frying pan.

And of course there'd be two roaming around - one from each faction.

Epic.
Time to go kill Khadgar! I wonder if he drops apexis crystals
we need dis

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154538085964385&set=p.10154538085964385&type=3&theater
08/03/2017 22:31Posted by Lore
In this week's PTR Development Notes, we mentioned that we were planning to stress test some new server technology we're rolling out in Patch 7.2. Initially, our plan was to have everyone fight Withered J'im, but we wanted to come up with something a little more exciting to make it more fun to participate in.

So, this Friday (March 10th), we'll be turning Dalaran into a free-for-all PvP zone on the 7.2 PTR. You'll be able to attack anyone and anything you want - both players and NPCs alike. Oh, and you'll have the same buff mechanic used in the Black Rook Rumble world quest: every time you kill a player, you'll get a stacking increase to your health and damage (but reduced healing taken).

I can't think of something worse. I know I definitely wont be turning up for that. You just can't help yourself by pushing unwanted,untemplated, I assume, 'world PvP' on people, even on a test realm.

This would have been a much better idea although I'm not sure that the reward is proportionate unless you just want it for the PTR.

wouldnt really matter since its ptr and doesnt carry over to live :P

i would definately show up for this but im going no where near dalaran while they have that stupid pvp thing active, why choose a smaller selection of the community when you want a stress test something.
Thousands of death awaits Khadgar and to destroy those plague trower from our friends forsaken,By the way if Thrall is there ill mark him for death for all the duration.Time to drink atop the Dalaran and let the invasion begin.