Removing Secondary Traits from Relics

7.2 PTR General Discussion
In the next PTR build, you’ll see that we’ve replaced the final Order Hall research (which caused relics to gain a second trait at random) with one that grants a chance for Artifact Power rewards from World Quests to be doubled.

We’re doing this for a few reasons, the largest of which being that we simply weren’t satisfied with the current state of the system. There were several rough edges, including a few which were pointed out by your feedback. While these issues could be solved, we weren’t confident we could do so in a way that meets our standards in time for 7.2, so we’d rather shelve the idea for now.

That said, we definitely feel that there’s more that can be done with relics, and are discussing some possible ideas for a future Legion update. We don’t have anything to share just yet, but it’s something we’re thinking about. Thanks again for all the feedback on this topic!
Can we actually get a why? I was looking forward to this, since i have battled alot with having to find a good item lvl relic, that have my favorite trait. The extra point on relics would have helped alot with that.

So plz, give some reasoning here.
If I understand this correct, you are removing the second trait completely from the game?

So in 7.2 there will be no change on relics?
This is just meh x10. 2nd Trait on Relics was a perfect idea and you gona remove it overall to put some "chance" to get double AP from WQ when ppl can just spam mythic+ dungeons like now.... i dont get the idea at all. #SadPanda
Wow and it isn't even April 1st yet...

I mean, I can understand that you wanna shelve an idea that you think isn't good atm (although I echo the first comment. I would like to get a real "why", because I really thought that was one of the better ideas Blizzard had lately) but replace it by a joke like double AP from a world quest? No, wait... a CHANCE for double AP from a world quest.

I feel betrayed for all the order hall ressources I gathered in preparation for 7.2.

I wouldn't have bothered if I'd known that was the upgrade I was working towards.
Not a fan of " chance " there's enough of that in legion. I'd rather see it expanded from world quests to Dungeons, Raids and PvP, not everyone finds world quests fun and engaging.

The cost could also use a reduction as if the current PTR prices are to be believed it's 30k resources for the last upgrade which is rather a lot for such an underwhelming perk.
This has to be the worst decision in Legion so far.

Guess I'll still be spamming HoV for my one and only BiS trait relic with 7.2!
Glad you're cracking back on crazy RNG
This would've been a good idea to remove had you decided to not put a bunch of !@#$ty relics in the game and made the Good ones for certain specs not so difficult to obtain at a high ilvl. Sadly this isn't the case, so I feel screwed over because unless Tomb drops Blast Radius relics I'll be relegated to farm Ilgynoth and BRH, which I'm sick of at this point.

Seriously, either make all the dps ones relatively equal or remove the garbage utility ones, they offer absolutely nothing and are detrimental to obtain.
The issue always was, and still is the excessive time-waiting to unlock the trait, hence why you've got many complaints, because it's just one uneccecary-time-gated thing you're likely going to be forced to have in order to compete with others that have it unlocked, and it just isnt a very good system for alts since you'll be forced into a waiting-time for no good reason.

It might also be that the worst aspect by far in Legion is the RNG in gearing (especialy for PVP) with legendaries ontop of that making it even worse, and people are annoyed and fed up with it.
The removal of RNG on top of RNG? Brilliant. Replacing it with a chance at double AP from WQs? As the new ultimate order hall research? All I can say is "ehh". Doesn't sound interesting in the slightest. Barely seems worth it for the current cost of 30,000 order hall resources.
If this is set in stone then please get rid of 'utility' relics so we're not constantly disappointed for getting one of those over the 'DPS' relics.

Can't tell you how frustrating it is as Destro to get a "Drain Life has a chance to do more healing" over an actual beneficial relic that increases damage.
Can you remove the !@#$ty rng legendary system too and let us physically buy/earn the ones we need/want.

Not talking about Kadala, either.
07/03/2017 20:33Posted by Esinar
If this is set in stone then please get rid of 'utility' relics so we're not constantly disappointed for getting one of those over the 'DPS' relics.

Can't tell you how frustrating it is as Destro to get a "Drain Life has a chance to do more healing" over an actual beneficial relic that increases damage.

Well the 2nd trait thing they just removed did exactly what you want. So good luck with that.
07/03/2017 20:10Posted by Silenthit
Can we actually get a why? I was looking forward to this, since i have battled alot with having to find a good item lvl relic, that have my favorite trait. The extra point on relics would have helped alot with that.

the largest of which being that we simply weren’t satisfied with the current state of the system.

blizzard can't even give player feed back 100% backing when making a change.. " WE (read; blizzard) we're not satisfied.
Awful idea to do this, blizzard

Do not do this. Certain relics are dastardly to get ahold of.
07/03/2017 20:05Posted by Lore
In the next PTR build, you’ll see that we’ve replaced the final Order Hall research (which caused relics to gain a second trait at random) with one that grants a chance for Artifact Power rewards from World Quests to be doubled.

We’re doing this for a few reasons, the largest of which being that we simply weren’t satisfied with the current state of the system. There were several rough edges, including a few which were pointed out by your feedback. While these issues could be solved, we weren’t confident we could do so in a way that meets our standards in time for 7.2, so we’d rather shelve the idea for now.

That said, we definitely feel that there’s more that can be done with relics, and are discussing some possible ideas for a future Legion update. We don’t have anything to share just yet, but it’s something we’re thinking about. Thanks again for all the feedback on this topic!

If you are doing this just so to stop the cries of elitists, who don't like the small chance to get a perfect relic, then you are really pushing over the rest of the playerbase for the 1%. We need this in someway, because we can't keep going back to older content to farm for a warforged/titanforged good relic. That i have to go to Halls of Valor mythic just to get a decent relic with my prefered trait is boring and adding a 2nd trait to each relic would have fixed that. Sure it might be hard to find a relic with your 2 best traits, but it would be alot easier to find a relic with your 1 best/favorite trait, which would make gearing alot more fluid and stop alot of unnessesary farming of 1 specific boss/instance.

Plz think this over or again, give us some reasoning, because right now... It seems like you are caving in to the people, who just want perfect items.
07/03/2017 20:36Posted by Nudiecutie
07/03/2017 20:10Posted by Silenthit

the largest of which being that we simply weren’t satisfied with the current state of the system.

blizzard can't even give player feed back 100% backing when making a change.. " WE (read; blizzard) we're not satisfied.

Well what part of it?
Was it that people got too many traits or that it made a gap between people with maxed order hall upgrades and those without?
Maybe it was because it made the system too complicated or because players had a harder time getting their "perfect" relic?

Just saying "We did not like it" is a shortend answer. There is always a because, which is what i want to hear.
07/03/2017 20:25Posted by Seditiar

The double trait system you'd still be spamming HoV expect you'll want that relic and your best random trait too, and dont forgot a good titanforge proc too.

That's one hell of 'RNG'.
07/03/2017 20:43Posted by Someoneelse
07/03/2017 20:25Posted by Seditiar

The double trait system you'd still be spamming HoV expect you'll want that relic and your best random trait too, and dont forgot a good titanforge proc too.

That's one hell of 'RNG'.

Sure it would be harder to get the perfect relic, but it would goddam eaiser to get an acceptable relic. Right now, we have alot of relics, which just feels bad. Atleast with a 2nd trait, you could always get your best trait beside a "meh" trait.