Price Changes for Certain WoW Services

General
1 2 3 39 Next
We carefully review the prices of our games and services in all currencies on a regular basis, and we occasionally need to make changes based on regional market conditions. Considering this, we’d like to let you know that we’ll soon be adjusting the European prices of some of the optional services available for World of Warcraft.

The new pricing, detailed in the list below, will start on April 5. Subscription prices will not be affected.

In advance of these price adjustments, certain services will benefit from a 25% discount from March 23 to April 4. You can find more information on this promotion here.

Price from April 5 - EUR
    • Name Change - €10
    • Helms - €15
    • WoW Token - No change
    • Character Transfer - €25
    • Race Change - €25
    • Mounts - €25
    • Premium Mounts - €30
    • Pet & Mount Bundle - €30
    • Faction Change - €30
    • Guild Transfer - €35
    • Guild Faction Change - €40
    • Character Transfer & Faction Change - €55
    • Character Boost - €60
    • Guild Transfer & Faction Change - €65
Price from April 5 - GBP
    • Name Change - £9
    • Helms - £13
    • WoW Token - £17
    • Character Transfer - £19
    • Race Change - £19
    • Mounts - £19
    • Premium Mounts - £27
    • Pet & Mount Bundle - £27
    • Faction Change - £27
    • Guild Transfer - £30
    • Guild Faction Change - £35
    • Character Transfer & Faction Change - £46
    • Character Boost - £49
    • Guild Transfer & Faction Change - £55
Adjusting for currency rates, okay. But those prices were already way too high. Lower them and more people would use them. Introduce a cooldown if you don't want abuse.

And how about a multiple character bundle for server transfers for example? So many people stuck on PvP realms because that's where they started out. Paying even €100 for only 4 characters to transfer is just ridiculous.
Keep milking the cash cow :(
"and we occasionally need to make changes based on regional market conditions" u get totally crazy. Before it was so expensive and will be mega expensive.

You win enough money for do this, its an epic mistake.

Make megaconnected servers by region and stop do this please. This never help to the community.
You do realize the huge economical difference there is between west european countries ? This isn't fair at all. If you really cared about fairness between markets you would adress this too.
23/03/2017 16:19Posted by Abethus
Make megaconnected servers by region and stop do this please. This never help to the community.

Would really appreciate the idea of this.
As a russian player this hurts my economy
How about you actually look at competitors first, before going for "market conditions".

FFXIV Mounts: 8,4€ - 21€
FFXIV Pets: 3,5€
FFXIV Server Transfer: 14€

FFXIV Expansion Digital Deluxe: 45€ (yep. not 60€)
23/03/2017 16:25Posted by Wuxing
How about you actually look at competitors first, before going for "market conditions".

FFXIV Mounts: 8,4€ - 21€
FFXIV Pets: 3,5€
FFXIV Server Transfer: 14€

FFXIV Expansion Digital Deluxe: 45€ (yep. not 60€)

Don't forget that you get to transfer more than one char for that server transfer :)
I really hope this backfires.
23/03/2017 16:26Posted by Cial
Don't forget that you get to transfer more than one char for that server transfer :)
Exactly.

Increasing prices for a lot of stuff while people are leaving the game won't help at all, especially on stuff like server/faction changes (which is kind of required when you want to raid)

Aside of currency exchange rates, there is virtually no other factor to back up this decision.

Competitors offer similar services (or better) for lower prices already, and don't change them.
People are leaving, raids have problems to recruit, but let's make faction/server changes more expansive. How will people decide? Pay more, or just leave?

The next expansion will probably cost 70€...
23/03/2017 16:25Posted by Кфыьгыьфтт
As a russian player this hurts my economy
I literally starved myself last week to get enough money so I could fulfill my dreams of becoming a male tauren hunter. Please don't go through with this, I have kids to feed.
Kindly !@#$ off. You're not "adjusting it based on regional market conditions", you're adjusting it because of changes to a currency that has nothing to do with the euro(hint: it's a certain North American currency). The prices for services were already WAY too high for a completely automated process, you're just being straight up greedy.

Also... how odd that the subscription wouldn't increase based on "regional market conditions" :thinking: Could it be because that's just a bull!@#$ reason and you're just trying to milk more money, but increasing the sub price would be too risky?
Also, love how you only ever adjust the price upwards. That seems slightly suspicious too...
Great thing you make the already too expensive services cost even more
"adjust" they are already overpriced to begin with, but you dont miss a chance to make them even more expensive. Has there ever been a time where u lowered them in accordance to the market?
Character Transfer & Faction Change - £46

That is so much