Price Changes for Certain WoW Services

General
Prev 1 2 3 39 Next
So the price has gone up, but you dont "need" to purchase any of these things - they're not essential to play the game. They're essentially luxury services. The only exception I can see is the WoW token, which many people use to purchase game time for various reasons.

Anything else, if you don't "want" to pay for it then just don't. Nobody's forcing you to get out your wallet for "convenience" or "cosmetic" purchases.
This services should be lowered by 50% not increased...
Atleast make a new review on the realms and merge many of the lower population realms.

That should be a top priority in the game right now.
Ok those are luxury services.

But Aerythlea any chance that Blizzard will limit number of tokens purchase for a month to 2-3? It would shred price of them, and would prevent real market traders to abuse them as they do now.
What a load of crap.
I feel disgusted on behalf of Russia.
22/03/2017 15:38Posted by Aerythlea
we occasionally need to make changes based on regional market conditions

Please don't patronise us with this excuse. You never see fit to make changes that would result in cheaper services for EU consumers, it's always upwards.

Be honest with us and just admit that you know you can raise costs and people will still pay for them.

I love your games but you don't half take the mick sometimes.
While US and Asia regions are not affected... HOW SUPRISING!

Blizz your logic is getting even more weird... And to all who defend blizz in such term... I understand that blizz need paid off for employers, hosting services etc. But this is not the way to do so!

If prices should rising, why US and Asia are not affected? only EU? Remember when blizz rise prices in 10 years of WoW anniversary and lately in HS EU. This is greed and you defend it! Deal with it, because blizz right now is no better than other big players in gaming industry.

Hate in 3,2,1...
Most of the services are way overpriced in the first place.
You've alrdy made me quit my Hearthstone buying with that price increase, you really think doing this is a good idea?

As for markets being the reason, does that mean the prices will ever come down if the market moved that way? LOL.
Do Blizzard realize they are literally telling people they feel it is appropiate to charge the fifth of the minimun wage in several european countries for a character boost ?
So... you fail to fix things ingame/forum wise when it comes to

-Gated content
-Class Balance
-Tank Balance
-Communication
-RNG
-Item customization
-Legendaries

You think its the best time now, to make everything even more expensive than it already is?

Even a trained monkey is easier to work with.
Im guessing this is to counter the amount of blizz$ thats come in now that you can trade in your gametimetokens for blizz$.
The easy solution would be to just sell these services for ingame gold with a conversion ratio thats about the same or lower then buying a token and trading it in for blizz$.
For example:
Character transfer 20€.
Token 190k

With some magic of math and rounding you get to a price around 290k.
It becomes a goldsink other then 1 time purchases like mounts.
22/03/2017 15:38Posted by Aerythlea
We carefully review the prices of our games and services in all currencies on a regular basis, and we occasionally need to make changes based on regional market conditions. Considering this, we’d like to let you know that we’ll soon be adjusting the European prices of some of the optional services available for World of Warcraft.

Translation: "We have noticed more people using these services and want to make more profit from you guys, hope you don't mind. Even if you do /care"
22/03/2017 15:42Posted by Aerythlea
Price from April 5 - GBP
    • Name Change - £9
    • Helms - £13
    • WoW Token - £17
    • Character Transfer - £19
    • Race Change - £19
    • Mounts - £19
    • Premium Mounts - £27
    • Pet & Mount Bundle - £27
    • Faction Change - £27
    • Guild Transfer - £30
    • Guild Faction Change - £35
    • Character Transfer & Faction Change - £46
    • Character Boost - £49
    • Guild Transfer & Faction Change - £55
They're expensive as hell as it is...

They're digital items.. in which makes NO point in raising the prices...

All you're doing is preventing people from potentially buying them..
I can't buy into this, no way. If there was even the slightest of chances of prices going down if the euro went up, I would.

It never goes down, always up. Way to slap more than half of your playerbase.

Acquisition power hasn't gone up in Europe because of these "fluctuations", and so, people will have to pay more for the same old.
I read the title and was excited that the services were no longer gonna be WAY too much, but nope. I mean come on, £9 for a name change?! that's the price it once costed for a montlhy sub. £19 for a character transfer. Here's a list of games you can buy for less than that:

• Rocket League
  • Counter Strike:Global Offensive
  • Rust
  • Fallout 1 - New Vegas
  • Skyrim
  • Both Portal games
  • A whole lot more...
  • There are Items and Services, not games.
    £9 for a name change which you can do for free LUL