Price Changes for Certain WoW Services

General
Prev 1 31 32 33 39 Next
I would use race change, name change, appearance change etc more often if they were like €6.50 each (half a token)

As for faction change/transfers should be €13 each (1 token), at most, put a 30 day cooldown if you must...

With the new prices, probably never again.

If anything, more free transfers should be given if they ever do another round of connected realms (which is very much needed for 75% of the low pop realms)
27/03/2017 20:34Posted by Goblivion
I would use race change, name change, appearance change etc more often if they were like €6.50 each (half a token)

As for faction change/transfers should be €13 each (1 token), at most, put a 30 day cooldown if you must...

With the new prices, probably never again.

If anything, more free transfers should be given if they ever do another round of connected realms (which is very much needed for 75% of the low pop realms)

and that appearance change is only for 2 things, skin color and earrings (what is not availible by all races) and that optional name change is useless. the rest of all the changes can be done in the barber shop for a little bit gold.
I already don't grasp the current prices, but yeah Increase'em based on the overall changing market.
Greedy, Paying more for none-human operated services, disgusting -_-
Still nothing to answer to your EU player base Blizzard? I don't know, even if you won't go backwards with this price raise, at least explain more how you can justify this action? Because it seems fair to no one except from you... .
They won't answer, and if they do, they will after the sales, and to say that they won't change the idea...
I start wondering, when last time blizz showed, that he care for his playerbase. Never?
28/03/2017 08:48Posted by Sapherea
I start wondering, when last time blizz showed, that he care for his playerbase. Never?

They care a lot more for the American and Asian userbase.
I want to complain about the recent announced price increases in the EU as there is no justifiable reason for this as 1 EUR =1.08575USD so 1 Euro is worth more than 1 USD so Blizzard is already making more from EU players that US, if Blizzard keep this path of taking extra from EU players (seems like a complete money grab) compared with US will only hurt the company in the long run. I for one will be considering my future association with Blizzard.
Isn't it funny that if they were to lower even something like the monthly subscription by half, double the amount of players would come back. Meaning more in store purchases, meaning they wouldn't have to raise the prices but instead they try and price people out completely. The business model is flawed to say the least but the people that still want to play this game and put up with the prices are the ones that suffer. If blizzard had any passion towards their customers you'd expect something in return.

One thing I think could be a game changer is a loyalty reward. The longer you play/ subscribe the cheaper it gets. Start off at £9.99 and keep lowering till you get to I don't know £5.99 and cap it. That way you draw people in to play for longer as they get rewarded for it.

Sorry for the long post but these prices are ridiculous and part of the reason I quit time and time again (yet I still come back).
30 dollars = 30 euros, nice logic there blizz keep screwing the europeans just like every other company does.
22/03/2017 15:38Posted by Aerythlea
We carefully review the prices of our games and services in all currencies on a regular basis, and we occasionally need to make changes based on regional market conditions. Considering this, we’d like to let you know that we’ll soon be adjusting the European prices of some of the optional services available for World of Warcraft.

The new pricing, detailed in the list below, will start on April 5. Subscription prices will not be affected.

In advance of these price adjustments, certain services will benefit from a 25% discount from March 23 to April 4. You can find more information on this promotion [url="https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/20602174"]here[/url].

Price from April 5 - EUR
    • Name Change - €10
    • Helms - €15
    • WoW Token - No change
    • Character Transfer - €25
    • Race Change - €25
    • Mounts - €25
    • Premium Mounts - €30
    • Pet & Mount Bundle - €30
    • Faction Change - €30
    • Guild Transfer - €35
    • Guild Faction Change - €40
    • Character Transfer & Faction Change - €55
    • Character Boost - €60
    • Guild Transfer & Faction Change - €65
Yes lets jack the price, yea like it cost you anything to do the account service in the first place plus you got plenty of money from wow subscription
Blizzard, you know almost every single person here is an adult with life experience that can easily read through your diplomatic business talk and radio silence? You're not actually adjusting according to current markets and economy. Your dollar value changed and now you're using it as an excuse to increase prices in Europe.

East and West Europe (and Europe all over) all have completely different economies and unfortunately some are in a place where they have to save up for a few months to move from their 99:1% faction ratio pvp realm to a realm where they have friends. Or maybe save up for a year or two to move all their characters. I literally KNOW people who are in the process of doing this right now, people I'm friends with, have had coffee with and had them do favours for me in person. They want to play on the realm where me and my entire guild are playing.

Blizz, you could leave these prices as they are right now for two decades before the price would need adjusting to profit... If the services were £1 you'd still profit because changing some 1s and 0s on your computers completely automatically is cheap as f u-ck lol.

I see employees from Blizzard quit so often in the last year and I bet it's because the businessmen in this corporate business are sociopathic mongrels that laugh when they see an uproar in the forums like this lol.

I feel like a f u-cking loser playing Blizz games right now, knowing that I'm supporting a company who pulls s h-it like this, lol I if I didn't have a guild I'd fail on and feel bad for by quitting, then I really would quit right now. It's not even the price increase in itself that makes me so angry, it's the fact that the company has zero respect for people by increasing prices that are already too expensive (and would still earn the company profit for decades to come without price changes).

Mr Morhaime, tell your businessmen to tone it down a f u-cking notch or two, or be a man and give them the finger when they propose funny ideas like this one.
I would see fair treatment, if US and Asian players might as well get prices rise. But not gonna happend.

Shame i can't get myself to Blizzcon, i would tell blizz personally there what i think about it.
Some of these are increasing by near 25%, the currency hasn't fluctuated that much, nor could they possibly be costing 25% more to provide.

That said currently most of these are cheaper than the US

Currently
Faction change US $30
Faction change UK £22 ($27)

Name change US $10
Name change UK £7 ($8)

New
FC £27($33)
NC £9($11)

It's possible the US may get price rises, but I guess it's not so bad if we were cheaper for years and years and now we're gonna be slightly more expensive for a bit.

Still though the prices of these things is ridiculous. I get pets and mounts as there is development time that goes into those, but for all the character services they're likely all automated processes so all you need is someone to maintain the server and fix issues when they arise and manually intervene when needed and I'm sure they're making quite a tidy profit on that. £50+ for a mostly automated 5 minute digital service is insane, you can buy multi million dollar triple A games for less than that!
This is ridiculous, you could get a brand new game for most of these prices. I think most of the prices were a little expensive before, and should have been reduced instead, and now you increase the prices? Not gonna use these services ever again, I'll have to carefully think of my race/realm whenever I'm making a new character.

The cosmetic item prices are crazy, 15 euros for a helm that does nothing expect look good? I thought TF2 hats were expensive, and they usually cost around 4-10 euros. Skins in LoL usually cost about 5-10 euros, and they change the look of the whole character and sometimes even the abilities too.
25-30 for a mount? I could buy SC2 for less money than that.
Yeah probably not gonna use those services again in future, they were already a bit too expensive before, I mean now you can actually buy a brand new game for some of those ''services''...yeah.

I mean I used those services 1-2 times before, but I would probably used them much more, if they were a bit more reasonable, but now I just can't bring my hand to pay that much despite I could , for a fully auto-mated system that just doesn't DESERVE the amount it asks for...
We have to buy the game, pay the subscription, and pay extortionate prices for services. I was actually wondering when the realms would be fixed, but I guess I have the answer; they aren't going to be. They're simply ignoring it, while upping the price for the poor sods on dead realms to remedy their situation with even more money.

I've just come back from a long break, if this continues the next one will probably be permanent. They don't even have any shame anymore. They may as well get it over with and re-name "Azeroth" to "Corporate America", because that's what it's starting to feel like.

I wasn't fooled by the 10,000,000g vendor mount, either. Specifically added to sell more tokens, which sadly, they will.

I have to stifle a laugh, too. For the amount of money, if I didn't know better, I'd be expecting an absolutely flawless, polished MMO experience...

Yeah...
22/03/2017 15:42Posted by Aerythlea
Price from April 5 - GBP
    • Name Change - £9
    • Helms - £13
    • WoW Token - £17
    • Character Transfer - £19
    • Race Change - £19
    • Mounts - £19
    • Premium Mounts - £27
    • Pet & Mount Bundle - £27
    • Faction Change - £27
    • Guild Transfer - £30
    • Guild Faction Change - £35
    • Character Transfer & Faction Change - £46
    • Character Boost - £49
    • Guild Transfer & Faction Change - £55

Even the old prices are way too much
Was planning to move more of my horde characters (another 7)to alliance... But with these prices? No thanks.
Better of levelling them instead.