FERAL REPLACEMENT

Druid
Was wondering what other classes can be considered other than feral.
There is really no point playing a class/spec that just does not preforming well enough compared to other classes.
Don't really want to play boomkin as it is polar opposite to feral.

Quit playing ? Or roll new main which ?
25/02/2017 08:20Posted by Holybuck
Was wondering what other classes can be considered other than feral.
There is really no point playing a class/spec that just does not preforming well enough compared to other classes.
Don't really want to play boomkin as it is polar opposite to feral.

Quit playing ? Or roll new main which ?

Well you can do 3 things;

Continue to main your Feral despite the fact you no longer enjoy it as much. In hope of a buff next patch.

Reroll another class to main, maybe rogue if you're looking for something similar? Or warrior/paladin if you fancy tanking.

Stop playing for awhile.

If you want my two cents just stick with the class/spec you love. Even if it has a dry spot. At least you can play knowing you've always stuck with said class!
Being in the lower half of the table has become the norm for a while now ....I just don't like being booted from raids and mythic + cos my dps is not up to scratch.
In terms of other classes
I can't seem to play a non stealth class after playing druid for so long ....maybe I give rogue a try for a bit but from what i remember of outlaw rogue was how easy they died and only 1 heal move ...unlike the druid that can stop and spam heal .
Rogues are in a very good spot atm.

Maybe NOT outlaw, never see Those
25/02/2017 10:00Posted by Holybuck
Being in the lower half of the table has become the norm for a while now ....I just don't like being booted from raids and mythic + cos my dps is not up to scratch.
In terms of other classes
I can't seem to play a non stealth class after playing druid for so long ....maybe I give rogue a try for a bit but from what i remember of outlaw rogue was how easy they died and only 1 heal move ...unlike the druid that can stop and spam heal .

Saw ferals on mythic progression doing 600k+ damage and I am sure if you look at damage done on boss, feral will be one of the top. Feral in my casual guild is top dps competing with mage, ret pala and demon hunter. I myself can do 550k dps, but I am still noobie as feral. When padding fight comes, yeah, we're behind, but the actual damage done on the boss will show you how viable ferals are.
I would think of some flexible class. Why i like druids, coz they have all specs. Range, melee, tank and healer. So i would choose pala or monk. They dont have r.dps, but still 3 sided.
25/02/2017 08:20Posted by Holybuck

I have a MW as main and Feral as an alt which is at the moment lvl 100. Both spec aren't state of the art in their roles, but they do work, and you also can play around some of their limitations. Picking by charts is a bad idea as those charts constantly change.

If it's fun to you - play it. And don't look on the meters that much if at all.
Old feral here ever since classic wow,
Until i took patch 7.1.5 to the knee,
Been balance since then.
I love my feral, I really do - as far as turning into a four legged Khajiit goes, but quite frankly, I'm finding Boomkin far more feasible and enjoyable as my off spec class.

Throwing stars and moons on enemies? What's not to like? Okay, maybe because its balance of power skin is a massive moon scythe...whoooo mamma... *drools* [yes, in astral form, not laser chicken]

But seriously though, there's been an amalgamation of feral posts so far on this druid forum complaining about the lack of decent performance and class satisfaction. If nothing will be done/prepared to be done in 7.2 I'd be extremely fascinated by the lack of adherence towards community complaints.

Admittedly, this won't be the first time. Beast Masters had to wait (and ostensibly scream) for a long time until they received some proper increases.
No class gives me the enjoyment like Feral druid does, tried pretty much all classes other than DH and none of them come close for me. Yes, some may do crazy damage and top the leaderboards but feral is just so much fun.
Assa rogue plays pretty much similar to feral but is actually competitive and not as punishing as kitty
I have met ferals topping damage in nighthold heroic and that were raids were people done 700k+ dps steady on an st boss, im trying to get it why are some ferals so good and others so bad.
02/03/2017 12:02Posted by Griphter
I have met ferals topping damage in nighthold heroic and that were raids were people done 700k+ dps steady on an st boss, im trying to get it why are some ferals so good and others so bad.

Feral doesn't have a rotation and the priority takes some getting used to. It is extremely difficult to keep on top of without addons to track buffs, debuffs and snapshotting. In addition there is a degree of RNG involved. Our Artefact ability is a proc instead of on use and the right legendaries can make a big difference.

That being said, it's all relative to your raiding level. My guild is midway through Mythic progression and 700k isn't going to top our meters on any encounter in NH.
I rerolled from feral druid. Never regret it. Rogues deal more dmg single target. Plus they offer stronger legendaries than ferals. Doing WQ is much faster as most mobs have 1000-1500k HP i can oneshot them with just one eviscerate. Something I couldnt do with ferocious bite.
I quit Druid for the same reason.
Feral is just a bad spec in the game. Has low aoe and med ST.
Depends in bleeds so you must track bleeds/energy/ BT if talented. Most times I don't use FB because I have to reapply rip so dps goes down insanely.
It is very hard spec to master and a badly designed as well.
Change FB or combine it with rip to do X amount of dmg instant and X as DOT.
I went to warrior and feel happier although I always liked Shape shifting classes and I can't play Him since he sucks as feral.
Maby you just suck at feral.. Seeing alot of them in raids and they do good dps..
Everyone does good dps, quite a few do amazing dps, why would you take a feral that is required to play almost perfectly to pull off what any tom dick and harry can do on a DH/rogue/dk/hunter with minimal effort and better utility/survival? Don't know why other specs come here to question what the logs show quite evidently...
04/03/2017 00:27Posted by Fanazo
I rerolled from feral druid. Never regret it. Rogues deal more dmg single target. Plus they offer stronger legendaries than ferals. Doing WQ is much faster as most mobs have 1000-1500k HP i can oneshot them with just one eviscerate. Something I couldnt do with ferocious bite.

Which rogue spec is that you speak of ?
I only like like outlaw myself