WoW coming to console?

General
im just wondering if wow would ever be coming to console. tell me what your thoughts would be in the comments and please dont be that toxic guy who comments things bad about console, its really not helpful in any way possible.
It's almost certain that WoW won't come to consoles unless it's absolutely necessary. Even with the amount of pruning there's been, I wouldn't imagine a controller would support the game very well, and if you're plugging in a keyboard & mouse it'd defeat the point on being on there in the first place. Then you've also got player retention to consider - introducing the game this late after multiple expansions and monetisation methods, players there might not be as accepting of it as ourselves who have been used to it for ages.

This isn't even going into the architecture and behind-the-scenes talks Blizzard would have to have with Sony and Microsoft. With all that hassle, would it really benefit them? I'd welcome a spike in new players, but it'd be just that: a spike. Unless the port is done exceptionally well (and for such a risk, that's unlikely) I doubt the game would attract many on consoles, much less keep them. ^^

EDIT: Not sure how FFXIV/EVE handle being on consoles, but in the case of the latter I'm assuming it's better suited. I can only really go by what MMOs I've played on PC.
ARE YOU CRAZY!? Don't post things like that, Blizzard likes bad ideas and they'll implement that for sure...
If they do I hope they have separate servers for PC and Console like other games that are multi platform.
Optimization / possible performance issues aside, I think it'd be weird to bring it to console at this point because there would be many expansions worth of content that wouldn't seem all that important compared to the current legion content. It would not have the same effect as it did on pc as the world and story was fleshed out over years. At this point in time, I feel like it wouldn't be something console players would jump into as a new experience (especially with monthly sub), and most that already play would just stay on pc.

If you want a console-like experience, you may want to look into the Consoleport add-on, or other means of binding m+kb functions to a controller; the game coming to console isn't necessary to playing it with a controller.
A great deal of time and effort involved in porting a game like this. Risky for Blizzard.

You could always connect your PC to your television and find something to put the keyboard and mouse on, if you really must know what it feels like to play WoW as a console game or at least as close as possible.
09/03/2017 19:21Posted by Ocalus
im just wondering if wow would ever be coming to console. tell me what your thoughts would be in the comments and please dont be that toxic guy who comments things bad about console, its really not helpful in any way possible.
Would you go for a !@#$ty console when you can have the glorious keyboard and mouse!
Haha, thats what i said when they entirely ruined subtlety.

I mesn why else do anither frigging prune and combine all these abilities together in 1 button.

I.e. Shadowstrike, a spammable teleporting range closer that deals dmg.
09/03/2017 19:31Posted by Johnwanne
It's almost certain that WoW won't come to consoles unless it's absolutely necessary. Even with the amount of pruning there's been, I wouldn't imagine a controller would support the game very well, and if you're plugging in a keyboard & mouse it'd defeat the point on being on there in the first place. Then you've also got player retention to consider - introducing the game this late after multiple expansions and monetisation methods, players there might not be as accepting of it as ourselves who have been used to it for ages.

This isn't even going into the architecture and behind-the-scenes talks Blizzard would have to have with Sony and Microsoft. With all that hassle, would it really benefit them? I'd welcome a spike in new players, but it'd be just that: a spike. Unless the port is done exceptionally well (and for such a risk, that's unlikely) I doubt the game would attract many on consoles, much less keep them. ^^

EDIT: Not sure how FFXIV/EVE handle being on consoles, but in the case of the latter I'm assuming it's better suited. I can only really go by what MMOs I've played on PC.

thanks for the reply man. you helped a lot