7.2: RNG rep Mounts

General
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
So, instead of giving us the new legion rep mounts as an exalted vendor item as it has been tradition, you once again prove yourself not to care what the player wants, we are sick of your RNG, and even though this is cosmetic, it should still be a vendor item as it always has been

For those unaware, we are getting one mount for each LGN reputation, however, this would not be Legion without blizzard putting RNG in it, so instead of the usual, these will have a chanse to be found in the emisary boxes, because what says "we care about the playerbase" more than making them do the same thing they've been doing for the past... nine months at least by the time 7.2 comes out
20,000 rep over exalted for A CHANCE to get the mount? pfft, right.

At least they made it so only 1 mount drops per rep, so you can specialize..
I don't want RNG for mounts unless they are a boss drop. I still haven't gotten the fox yet and some people have gotten it 7-8 times on the same character.

I miss justice, conquest and valor points. I prefer grinding a currency and rep, buying the items I want, than relying on RNG.

RNG just becomes a lottery and any type of value and effort feels a lot less satisfying.
I hoped blizz put mounts in vendor as same MOP.

Rep+ vendor is best than RNG
This is just a dumb idea. Why can't they just add a token for us to grind for each mount, if they want to make it harder to acquire?

How is getting 20000 reputation after exalted for a chance of a mount a good deal? why would I accept such offer? geez...
12/03/2017 11:53Posted by Monsterbaby
I miss justice, conquest and valor points. I prefer grinding a currency and rep, buying the items I want, than relying on RNG.

[/quote]

This.

For some reason in Legion they've made it so that any good or significant reward needs to be hidden behind an RNG wall. I could understand doing it for some items, but now nearly everything they put in is seems to be like that (thankfully, the new timewalking reward retained the old system).
So we'll be doing a month's worth of WQ's to get a CHANCE to get a mount.

Yeah right.
The rep grind is already a long way, so another 20,40, 60, 80k more is going to be even worse. And all for a chance. Imagine doing this with few characters.
For me, a mount collector, Legion is horrible as it comes to mounts. The only ones added this expansion I've obtained is the Darkmoon waterskate and Spirit of Eche'ro. Others are either RNG, long farm, PvP.
They need to change this! Endless grind for a chance to get the mount? No thank you.
Not to say this will go live, but if it does, it's meant as an extra reward for people who get rep tokens at exalted anyway. No need to grind for them, they're just mounts.

You people need to stop thinking that you need to have everything that is added, ever, and asap as well. That mindset ruins WoW!!
Not worth the grind + effort in the slightest.
I guess a very small percentage of the population will even consider farming 20k reputation for a chance of a mount drop so creating these mounts is just a waste of recources
12/03/2017 15:04Posted by Nyxlin
You people need to stop thinking that you need to have everything that is added, ever, and asap as well. That mindset ruins WoW!!

And you need to start reading. They dont want it instantly without work, they want it without RNG. Getting it after having worked for a specific amount of time.

You defending this RNG F fest what legion is what is ruining WoW. RNG has ALWAYS been a plague and flamed into oblivion by the community if it became too much (a bit rng is good for keeping it spicy, everything RNG is just pure horsepoo
I don't play the lottery. I don't like to rely on RNG. I like to work for my stuff.

If they by putting these mounts on RNG to keep us doing wqs, then they should rather make those extra boxes drop a token to buy one for (say) 5 or how many Blizzard feels fair. Make the box have an extra chance of getting an extra token for some RNG. Then people would know how much they are intended to do to get the mounts - and be able to make a choise if it's worth it or not.
I dont even take any effort in that fox mount, let alone this!

I would not really mind the "chance" for a mount in the rep+ boxes, aslong as there is something else to gain from the boxes. When you give a chance for a mount to drop from an item/box/cache, then it must mean that it is a bonus of some sort and not the main reward. This must mean that the box you get from rep+ must give something else that we really want... right?

If this is not the situation, then Blizzard is gonna give us ALOT of bad experiences when we open several chest of nothing after alot of work. I really hope this is not the case.
I'm struggling with not being able to buy a specific mount creating such hatred.

It's just a mount, there are so many to collect it should hardly be an issue.

There are mounts from BC instances I still don't have despite regular grind - sometimes you just have to accept somebody will get luckier than you - why whinge?
12/03/2017 15:52Posted by Misanthrope
I'm struggling with not being able to buy a specific mount creating such hatred.

It's just a mount, there are so many to collect it should hardly be an issue.

There are mounts from BC instances I still don't have despite regular grind - sometimes you just have to accept somebody will get luckier than you - why whinge?

Except, for things like the Storm Drake, not only are they some of the few recent HD mounts but they are the ONLY source of that mount.
I know there is/was an armoured Storm Drake from PVP but 1) not everyone likes PVP, 2) not everyone wants the armoured version.

I have to agree with the outcry on this; for an expac where people have been hampered or turned off far too much by excessive RNG, piling MORE RNG on top of that, against the voice of your playerbase, is just god damned stupid.
^^ why is it stupid? I am one of the player base, I could not care less if I get this mount / that mount, why so up tight.

Do you also feel hard done by when Blizz allows new players to buy a special mount you can't have unless you start a new account?

It's a ridiculous thing to cry about.