Do you feel as if you have a "choice" ?

General
20/03/2017 10:11Posted by Rinci
20/03/2017 09:47Posted by Fanazo

I am talking about casual players who wants to start raiding. I am talking about raiders who wants to stay competetive; I am talking about players in general.

Wheter it's raiders or casuals, it doesn't change a damn thing. The endless AP grind is sucking up their motivation to continue or start progressing.

The reason why I am casual, is because I have to grind AP for hours, leaving me no time to raid, and always behind competition. And I only have 4 hours of playtime everyday.

Endless AP grind? Serious raiders capped out at 54 traits weeks/months ago, how is that endless?

For now, in 7.2 it will become an even bigger grind with the infinite trait + all the others + waiting for 25 more AK level.
20/03/2017 10:11Posted by Rinci
20/03/2017 09:47Posted by Fanazo

I am talking about casual players who wants to start raiding. I am talking about raiders who wants to stay competetive; I am talking about players in general.

Wheter it's raiders or casuals, it doesn't change a damn thing. The endless AP grind is sucking up their motivation to continue or start progressing.

The reason why I am casual, is because I have to grind AP for hours, leaving me no time to raid, and always behind competition. And I only have 4 hours of playtime everyday.

Endless AP grind? Serious raiders capped out at 54 traits weeks/months ago, how is that endless?

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614933288

Say what?
I am also a bit afraid for the endless AP in 7.2. There is no goal. It feels great to finish something, to achieve something. Make it hard and time consuming but draw a finishline somewhere.
20/03/2017 06:05Posted by Lswindrunner
Do you feel as if you have a "choice" after logging on ?

In my opinion, no, I don't feel as if I do.

In every other xpac from BC through WoD, I felt I did. I felt I had the freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted whilst still remaining 'up to date(ish)'.

In Legion I feel as if that freedom has been COMPLETELY taken away. Daily HC's, daily quests, mythic +, they all feel OBLIGATORY. It feels OBLIGATORY to level up and acquire as many traits as possible. On the PvP side as well, it feels obligatory to grind, and grind and grind prestige.

Legion has I feel, taken mindlessness to a whole new level, and speaking with in-game friends, I'm certainly not the only one who feels this way. Quite a number of mine have said they just don't feel like even logging on, and indeed, many haven't, for days, weeks and even months.

After grinding one's dailies, AP etc, one imo feels so brain dead they just don't want to bother staying on to do anything else even though there is a lot of other content of one form or another to do within the game.

Even as someone who has always been accustomed to playing WoW many hours per day, I feel swamped with the amount of grind and time-gating within Legion.
So much so, that other than to continue my film I haven't even bothered logging on myself to do anything at all in over a month.

I feel as though with Legoin, Blizz are practically doing their hardest (in one form or another) to drive subscribers away.

You have a choice..
You chose to log on, you chose which character to play, you chose what to do.

You always have a choice, Legions grind & time gating isn't even that bad especially since they introduced AP catch up & (improved lol did i say that? the legendary drop rates).

For the first time in a long time, I'm thoroughly enjoying every second I'm logged in to WoW. What I hate is my addiction slowly growing once again...

If you play for four hours heck even an hour a day every day, at some point you're going to feel burnt out.
There is no rush the game isn't going any where so take it at your pace.
Ah good ol wotlk, spam dungeons for tokens to buy gear.
20/03/2017 10:29Posted by Udyyr
20/03/2017 06:05Posted by Lswindrunner
Do you feel as if you have a "choice" after logging on ?

In my opinion, no, I don't feel as if I do.

In every other xpac from BC through WoD, I felt I did. I felt I had the freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted whilst still remaining 'up to date(ish)'.

In Legion I feel as if that freedom has been COMPLETELY taken away. Daily HC's, daily quests, mythic +, they all feel OBLIGATORY. It feels OBLIGATORY to level up and acquire as many traits as possible. On the PvP side as well, it feels obligatory to grind, and grind and grind prestige.

Legion has I feel, taken mindlessness to a whole new level, and speaking with in-game friends, I'm certainly not the only one who feels this way. Quite a number of mine have said they just don't feel like even logging on, and indeed, many haven't, for days, weeks and even months.

After grinding one's dailies, AP etc, one imo feels so brain dead they just don't want to bother staying on to do anything else even though there is a lot of other content of one form or another to do within the game.

Even as someone who has always been accustomed to playing WoW many hours per day, I feel swamped with the amount of grind and time-gating within Legion.
So much so, that other than to continue my film I haven't even bothered logging on myself to do anything at all in over a month.

I feel as though with Legoin, Blizz are practically doing their hardest (in one form or another) to drive subscribers away.

You have a choice..
You chose to log on, you chose which character to play, you chose what to do.

You always have a choice, Legions grind & time gating isn't even that bad especially since they introduced AP catch up & (improved lol did i say that? the legendary drop rates).

For the first time in a long time, I'm thoroughly enjoying every second I'm logged in to WoW. What I hate is my addiction slowly growing once again...

If you play for four hours heck even an hour a day every day, at some point you're going to feel burnt out.
There is no rush the game isn't going any where so take it at your pace.

The problem is that if someone made a choice that he/she want to do mythic raiding it comes with other stuff that wasn't in the plan at all. Yes, hardcore raiders always had to grind but the AP grind is on a whole other level, there wasn't anything like it in previous expansions.

Artifact traits are not here as a little bonus/reward from what they like to do, they are here as requirement for what they like to do.
So you have to work hard if you want to be doing high level PVP or raids/dungeons??
How is this a surprise or worth complaining about? Surely its common sense that you have to put more effort in to get greater rewards?

Personally I think this expansion is fantastic for casual players. Its easy to enough to get alts raid ready just with WQ rewards and WQs give you a huge variety of things to do if you decide you want to just farm resources, gold, honor, etc.
20/03/2017 13:05Posted by Yinghei
So you have to work hard if you want to be doing high level PVP or raids/dungeons??
How is this a surprise or worth complaining about? Surely its common sense that you have to put more effort in to get greater rewards?

Personally I think this expansion is fantastic for casual players. Its easy to enough to get alts raid ready just with WQ rewards and WQs give you a huge variety of things to do if you decide you want to just farm resources, gold, honor, etc.

Yes, as you said, for casual players, i just got into a progression raiding guild on my alt and i already had to start the grind which is not even close to the "hard" work in previous expansions. In WoD what was the hard work? i did every mythic once a week for warforged 715~ gear and i got invited into heroic HFC, good luck with getting into nighthold mythic or soon tomb of sargeras mythic with that hard work.

The game now is entirely different for casual players and raid progression players, we know its good for you guys, its not for us. Does it worth it in the end? Yes, because we can clear the hardest content in the game. Does it make the ap grind less frustrating? No.