New cloth class

General
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
We have too many classes already.
How about we focus on improving the existing specs first.
Oh, i didn't notice Unholy Death Knights are:

A) Ranged;
B) Can sacrifice minions to empower themselves.

Heck, they could even implement a special gameplay mechanic for Nechromancers that lets them turn into Liches or that makes them immortal as long as their Phylactery is intact.
Affliction warlock = Necromancer.
26/03/2017 20:21Posted by Tahamine

Remind me when an Affliction Warlock can turn into a Lich.

Because many powerful Necromancers can turn into Liches (Like Kel'thuzad), and they focus more on frost-shadow magic. They can also create a phylactery that holds their soul, so even if their body is destroyed, they will survive. The above could be an interesting mechanic for Necromancers.
26/03/2017 18:42Posted by Daiden
All Warcraft classes in the game atm.

Still missing:
-Blademaster (Mirror image/stealth variant, not just any orc with a sword)
-Shadowhunter
-Warden
-Alchemist
-Tinker

and probably more I can't remember of the top of my head.
Shadowhunter or Warden might be the best choises IMHO for mail-class.

With more mail-classes it would not be any more "this is ahunter weapon, this is a hunter weapon..." - Like in the very funny video "Meet the Hunter"

Back to topic: Tinker might do also
26/03/2017 20:26Posted by Turwen
26/03/2017 20:21Posted by Tahamine

Remind me when an Affliction Warlock can turn into a Lich.

Because many powerful Necromancers can turn into Liches (Like Kel'thuzad), and they focus more on frost-shadow magic. They can also create a phylactery that holds their soul, so even if their body is destroyed, they will survive. The above could be an interesting mechanic for Necromancers.
Yes, lich is the only thing that will be different... but necromancer isn't about being a lich... that won't be a necromancer class, it'll be a lich class.

Necromancer = Draining life from others / raising dead = Unholy DK / Affliction lock combination.
26/03/2017 21:03Posted by Tahamine
Yes, lich is the only thing that will be different... but necromancer isn't about being a lich... that won't be a necromancer class, it'll be a lich class.

Are you actually serious with that statement?

Anyway:

"Liches are powerful undead sorcerers who possess tremendous magical powers. Usually bound to the iron will of the Lich King, they mainly wield frost magic and necromantic spells."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich
26/03/2017 21:23Posted by Turwen
26/03/2017 21:03Posted by Tahamine

Anyway:

"Liches are powerful undead sorcerers who possess tremendous magical powers. Usually bound to the iron will of the Lich King, they mainly wield frost magic and necromantic spells."

Yes... "Lich"

Liches and necromancers are different.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer
26/03/2017 12:37Posted by Poly
26/03/2017 09:55Posted by Akiru
What about a third mail class instead?

26/03/2017 10:03Posted by Liborio
We need more MAIL class!

Postmaster class.
You throw letters and stuff.
Papercut bleed effects, letter opener weapon, etc.

Haaaa-Daaaaauym! You crack me up, foo'! xD

All honestly though; Tinker, new class.
26/03/2017 21:32Posted by Tahamine
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Anyway:

Yes... "Lich"

Were exactly is it stated Necromancers and Liches are completely different?

Oh wait, it is stated nowhere.

I'm just arguing with a brick wall.
...Yes... "Lich"

Read the wikis.
Yes... "Lich"

Actually, you are both wrong and correct.. First of all, I can't really say ''Lich'' is a class, it is more a position.

A Lich, such as Kel'Thuzad or the rest are most commonly Mages. A Lich is an Undead Mage.

Further, a Lich also has necromantic abilities. So all in all, a Lich is just a very powerful Undead Frost Mage who also possess necromantic abilities. A Lich is a -very powerful- Undead Mage, so powerful that they earn the title of ''Lich'', and are often in a position higher than regular Undead Mages or Necromancers within the ranks of the Scourge.

So ultimately, I dont think Lich is really a ''class'', it is more a title and position given upon really powerful sorcerers within the Scourge who were most likely Mages in life and got into the Scourge because of their dabbling in necromancy and the dark arts forbidden by the Kirin Tor.

The closest you get in-game currently to a playable ''Lich'' is Human/Undead Frost Death Knight or Undead Frost Mage.
26/03/2017 21:45Posted by Plaguevii
Yes... "Lich"

Actually, you are both wrong and correct.. First of all, I can't really say ''Lich'' is a class, it is more a position.

A Lich, such as Kel'Thuzad or the rest are most commonly Mages. A Lich is an Undead Mage.

Further, a Lich also has necromantic abilities. So all in all, a Lich is just a very powerful Undead Frost Mage who also possess necromantic abilities. A Lich is a -very powerful- Undead Mage, so powerful that they earn the title of ''Lich'', and are often in a position higher than regular Undead Mages or Necromancers within the ranks of the Scourge.

So ultimately, I dont think Lich is really a ''class'', it is more a title and position given upon really powerful sorcerers within the Scourge who were most likely Mages in life and got into the Scourge because of their dabbling in necromancy and the dark arts forbidden by the Kirin Tor.

The closest you get in-game currently to a playable ''Lich'' is Human/Undead Frost Death Knight or Undead Frost Mage.
Yeah, that's my point.

"Liches are powerful undead sorcerers who possess tremendous magical powers. Usually bound to the iron will of the Lich King, they mainly wield frost magic and necromantic spells. Typically appearing as large, floating, skeletal figures wrapped in long robes, they are often found in high-ranking positions within the Scourge."

"Necromancers are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts)[4] the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead.[5] Necromantic magic (or death magic) has many functions beyond simply raising the dead. Masters of this tainted field of magic can conjure festering diseases, harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy, and chill the living with the power of death. Necromancy can also be used to reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures, allowing them to function again even after the foul monsters have been destroyed"
Bard would be pretty nice with 2 healer specs kinda like priests, one would focus more on healing with calm melodies, the other would enhance allies battle abilities using war drums and stuff. The third could be dps using electric guitar to generate shockwaves, joking haha.. or am i?
People saying they can't add necromancer because Unholy DK exists or can't add tinker because Engineering exists. That stuff doesn't matter, Blizz can do what they want. Warlock demonology spec was the demon hunter spec, then they changed demo to a summoner spec (which imo is how it should be) so that they could add the demon hunter.

I also think that it doesn't really matter what armour type they are. Armour types don't really matter anymore.
Appart from Necromancer and Warden, I hardly see wich class could yet be implemented in wow.

Necromancer is a far cry, as we already got Death Knight, and, as far as background goes, it seem necromancy is more or less lost (the Forsaken searching a way to raise more dead etc...)

Warden seem a pretty good choice, as it would fit into a mail wearing class, could probably assume a tank position, and could also implement some new set of mechanics (clones, and some "magic/fighting" mix).

As for trying to stretch the limit of "possibility", what "else" have yet to be exploited :

- Tellurist, from Suramar, with some time/space magic I guess, wich my be redundant with arcane mage but still doable.

- A troll background based class, wich my be redundant with the shaman, but heavily reliant on some vaudou/spirit/animist/dark !@#$ magic.

- A science based class, like different spec with either engineering based abilities, or chemicals ones etc...

- As for the usual roleplaying archetype, I guess we're only missing the bard and the battlemage/shadowblade/Melee + magic.
Priestess of the Moon (Elune) in lore wear mail armor,use bows,swords,poliarms...they also use powerful spells to destroy enemies or heal allies, that would be an interesting class to see.
Tinker wears mail and only for goblins/gnomes (and maybe dwarfs/orcs).
Focus on engineer gadgets, steampunk, hextech, as we see in wow
2 specs, tank and dps.
tank: the goblin/gnome summon shredder, bulky and melee, to tank inside, shields, stomps, eletric stuns, etc...
ranged DPS: summon a piloted spider tank (or other model), with gattling gun, rockets, laser beams, etc
be flashy blizz, lots of stuff already in game in some bosses.

a "racial" like worgen, that could change between mecha form and normal form, changing to mecha form when entering combat like worgen do.
jumper cables included :p

"but by piloting we cant see their armor/mog in combat?"
neither can druids, but they would have some really nice mecha skins like druids artifact.

downside... no1 wants to play goblins or gnomes... so just add dwarfs/orcs to the mix.
Personally what I'd love to see the most is a Strength based throwing-oriented class. Utilizing throwing weapons; daggers, axes, spears, rocks, bombs, alchemical concoctions and whatnot. Think berserkers, valkyries, atlas' and such. They'd have less range than than traditional ranged classes, standing their ground in the middle between melee and ranged. If the player opts to play the class as a dwarf, they'd get a unique ability to toss themselves and feel very ashamed afterwards.

I also like the idea of Spellsinger/Bard or Tinkerer because they would likewise be among the more original classes that could believably differentiate themselves enough to feel unique among the existing ones.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Read the wikis.

If it were written somewhere, you would link the specific sentence where it is stated. You can't, because nowhere is it stated Necromancer =/= Lich.

In fact, as i linked before, Liches use Necromantic spells, therefore they are Necromancers.

Nice try though.