PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General
1 2 3 45 Next
What the hell.

I discovered this while creating an undocumented changes thread on reddit. Me, and 3 other people with vastly different item levels all see different health values for normal creatures, rares and elites.

This is the one thing that Blizzard said they wouldn't do. This removes all sense of power progression in the open world.

You can confirm this yourself - Target a mob at 110 and remove a piece of gear. Its health will immediately drop.

I've linked to this thread in a Tweet to Blizzard, so hopefully we can get some information on this.

Edit:

The values seem to be like this:

110 15589k ilvl 749
110 15589k ilvl 821
110 15589k ilvl 850
110 16461k ilvl 857

It starts increasing faster and harder after 850.
I really want to believe its a bug and not a feature. It totally contradicts to what they said about the feeling of progression.
This is added in now in the patch?
Damn I was so excited about 7.2. I dont raid and but I generally enjoy outdoor content. I struggled quite a bit when I hit 110 but it was a fun-kind-of struggle because I knew it was going to get better as I gear my char up. But what's the point in all of this now?
Uhm... what the hell? If this is true, Blizzard made a huge mistake. I like getting new gear because it makes my character stronger, but what's the point when all enemies also get stronger at the same rate? It's pointless and redundant.
The only way for it to make sense to me is by believing, hoping for it to be a bug. But it lasted throughout PTR and there were people bringing attention to that peculiarity since January.

It pretty much equals PvE templates right now. Gear is redundant.
It seems this is pretty much confirmed as being introduced with 7.2 on the US forums, although there's the slight possibility it's a bug.

Things like this wreck the whole point of character progression. It feels good to struggle through a new land, attain power to fight the main threat, conquer the dungeons and raids and actually feel like you've become powerful and earned it.

In the meantime, apparently taking a ring off will do the trick to drop enemies down to base scaling (840ilv). Which makes the change even more pointless. I can see countless players forgetfully running dungeons and raids with a missing ring as queue's pop mid quest.

Doubtless they'll just hotfix it to scale with bag ilv instead and we'll be screwed over by our off-spec gear and bad stat tf's in the bank :l
So... Unless you're going to run dungeons and/or raids, there's no longer any point in gearing up? =(
29/03/2017 03:41Posted by Belami
So... Unless you're going to run dungeons and/or raids, there's no longer any point in gearing up? =(

Not beyond 850 there isn't. It's actually detrimental. Higher ilvl players in NA are taking off pieces to reduce the scaling, since mob health scales harder then power.
its true on the ptr my ilvl 902 shaman equipped was taking on a mob of 3 and had to used dmg reduction cds to not die wasnt hard to over power but found it strange that i had to hope that this isnt so
How is Blizzard so out of touch? Scaling has made many games worse in the past, for example The Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Pretty much all current games have abandonded scaling, because it defeats the purpose of character progression.

I want enemies to destroy me in the beginning so that I have a reason to become stronger and kick their asses after I have grown. Why would Blizzard even think to take away this extremly motivating sense of progression from anyone?
I wonder what we are being punished for this time?
29/03/2017 03:58Posted by Belami
The fun police dont like us finishing there content in 1 day so they made some time gates
29/03/2017 04:00Posted by Felreaver
29/03/2017 03:58Posted by Belami
The fun police dont like us finishing there content in 1 day so they made some time gates

If their only intention was to make things take longer, they could have upped the number of nuts in Lorlathil, and make the Bloodgazer meters go up slower.

I'm gonna put my tin foil hat on and claim this is a backwards attack on people unhappy with war-/titanforged items.
"look, your upgraded item is worthless now, thank the people who complained about it for this"

Now, with my tin foil hat off, I hope I'm just over reacting.
i wonder how many who was legion fan by is still a fan boy :l
This is so ridiculous.

You can just unequip some useless low budget item like bracers or belt, drop your ilvl by 50-60 and mobs go back to being weak.

But this just feels so stupid, hope it's a bug.
Even more punishing the raiders, making world quests and progress take longer at higher ilvl to artificially increase the time investment needed to do the content.

Its allmost as if blizzard literally HATES raiders and anyone who likes to progress their characters. Atleast I used to be able to focus on grinding m+ and lfg raids for legendary drops and/or TF uppgrades outside of mythic progression. Just runing through WQs....

But now? Now I`m gonna have to spend 10 times as long finishing boring !@# world stuff just to go back to RNG hell trying desperatly to get TF gear and gear uppgrades with the CORRECT stats.

I got 14 hours playtime left, contemplating if I should or should not refill it. I mean I could just forget WoW and play other games.... so conflicted.... I love Legion but I fking hate it at the same time.

FK YOU BLIZZ
29/03/2017 04:14Posted by Michaela
This is so ridiculous.

You can just unequip some useless low budget item like bracers or belt, drop your ilvl by 50-60 and mobs go back to being weak.

But this just feels so stupid, hope it's a bug.
dont mate the fun police will come and take your puppies away from you
I personally like this, because it encourages me to learn the game and/or my class, i don't mind spending an extra 50 seconds to finish a world quest.
Of course I can see that the numbers can get pretty ridiculous, and I still think that they should implement these changes as of right now. Maybe nerf the numbers a little bit to not make the scaling worse than nessecary. They should also make it so it uses your overall ilvl (Meaning: items from bank, bags & equipped) over your equipped ilvl only.

My point is, it makes it boring as hell when there's no challenge whatsoever when you've reached a certain ilvl.
29/03/2017 04:15Posted by Kickzyz
Even more punishing the raiders, making world quests and progress take longer at higher ilvl to artificially increase the time investment needed to do the content.

Its allmost as if blizzard literally HATES raiders and anyone who likes to progress their characters. Atleast I used to be able to focus on grinding m+ and lfg raids for legendary drops and/or TF uppgrades outside of mythic progression. Just runing through WQs....

But now? Now I`m gonna have to spend 10 times as long finishing boring !@# world stuff just to go back to RNG hell trying desperatly to get TF gear and gear uppgrades with the CORRECT stats.

I got 14 hours playtime left, contemplating if I should or should not refill it. I mean I could just forget WoW and play other games.... so conflicted.... I love Legion but I fking hate it at the same time.

FK YOU BLIZZ

what he wrote..