PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General
Prev 1 25 26 27 45 Next
Please please reconsider this change. This very much eliminates the feeling of progressing that getting gear gives. It also makes it a lot harder to say difficult mobs (especially for some squishier classes) for later when the character is more powerful. It eliminates the feeling of power, and it makes it feel like well, gearing is pointless.

If there is no feeling of progression when I level due to zone scaling (this is my subjective experience with it), and no real feeling of progress in the open world as I gear my characters, then what is the point of playing really if nothing I do actually matters?

Please please get rid of this level scaling with gear in the open world because at a minimum it just makes the open world so much less fun.
seems having an different view gets you downvoted ah well.

as I said in my other post, I realy didnt se a huge difference in it, though I do understand that the feel of being superior to mobs is qone somewhat.
but question is, do we realy need it or not.
personaly I would probably not have done it at all, or if I had done it, would also have made item dropps, scale so you have a chance of getting an epic about your item level, from mobs. for example.

840 mobs can dropp 840 gear whit chance of titanforged.
880 mobs can dropp 880 gear whit chance for titanforged.

atleast this would make it so it is worth while to gear up more, than removing gear. heck they could even make this gear none disenchantable and only sell for smal ammount if they are affraid people would get rich to fast. they could even make them BoA so you can gear up your alts buy farming mobs.
atleast then this ilvl scaling would make somewhat sence.
I have this strange idea that has never been part of any RPG in the existance of the world.

Balancing new content around taking in consideration that overall gear levels are far higher. Oh look, suddenly there's content for higher ilevels all while the content you've already done remains there to offer a chance to showcase your progression.

I know, I should apply as rocket scienctist.

One size will never fit all and pushing more into that direction only undermines the process itself.
You said in September you'd never do this. You're saying now you did this.

I'm not the best geared player - and I enjoyed that I was able to do world quests, even if I am not having the greatest of gear and on the mythic-plus treadmill like seemingly every other player. I login today and I can hardly manage basic packs that I'd have torn through before.

"To reiterate, power progression is an essential part of the WoW endgame" - it doesn't feel like it right now. I've - overnight - gone from being able to comfortably do world quests and having EARNED that power, to being unable to handle the basic packs.

I'm feeling really quite frustrated by this, and I hope you can understand that. Suddenly... I feel like playing this game is a waste of time. If the one reward of my level of casual play, the slow trickle of item level upgrades from the daily World Quests or the odd dungeon with friends... is not only taken away, but to the point where I cannot even enjoy the limited amount I play any more - then I really just feel like I'm not having fun any more, and that my time's not being respected either.

I know. I'm a casual scrub. Whatever. Maybe I'm not in the target audience. But I'm not in the audience at all any more.

Enjoy your game. I'm going to wait it out and see if this change is reverted.
I thought that level scaling was bad enough but with this there really is no point in playing anymore. What's the point of developing your character if you never advance. Congrats on the final straw to end my days of playing wow. The developers really need sacking.
29/03/2017 19:49Posted by Ardís
Slightly annoying as holy, absolutely unnoticable as shadow. For tanks... i guess you now pull 6-7 instead of 8-9. Big deal. No need for mass hysteria sheep like behavior.

However I agree they should've warned us before the patch went live

EDIT

You know the cool part in this scaling ''issue''? I can now tag a little bit more mobs before an overgeared fury warrior gets in the middle of the pack and whirlwinds them all to death in a split second. This change plus my 27% haste feelsgoodman

it did actualy feel faster to do WQ.s now due to me being able to get in range of the mobs also, as it used to be, if unlucky I had no chance to get kills at all, where any class whit charge just tagged my mobs and let me kill them.
One size will never fit all.

That's what she said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hmm been checking armory on those who seem to have problems, seems most are about 800 to 875 or so, could it be that the scaling at theese ilvls is way off, and once you hit higher it gets better. as I said earlier, for me it didnt feel that bad hardly noticed it.
but if it is that lower ilvls got problems, it would be best to hotfix the scaling or just remove it totaly.
The scaling is way off. The rewards don't scale with the difficulty Is blizzard gonna take wild guesses again and force stuff on us that we don't want? WoD flashbacks much ?
Not really noticing a difference tbh.

iLevel 874, mobs still die in 3 seconds.

And as the Blizzguy said, the scaling is not linear or exponential and relative to your iLevel, but more like a rounded curve.

Rewards need to be updated though, also from winning BGs.
29/03/2017 20:28Posted by Ghøstknight
The scaling is way off. The rewards don't scale with the difficulty Is blizzard gonna take wild guesses again and force stuff on us that we don't want? WoD flashbacks much ?

rewards are totaly off, WQ for my ilvl dropps 855 gear, usless, even the tokens on broken shore gave me a 855 like what lol, and it says appropriate level, like what? how, not even close.
40% buff for 900 equiped.

One add - ok.
Two adds - ok.
Elite add on WQ - not ok.
Mob level scaling is already a terrible enough of an idea to kill any incentive to do anything
I am just going to point out one thing to people who think this is good.

How the f does this make the game more fun or challenging? All it does is make us grind just a bit harder, just spend a bit more time in WoW. This change does not benefit us at all! I want to be able to blast through quests once I have finally geared up, it actually allows me to have some motivation to...you know PLAY OTHER CHARACTERS TOO!

Making dailies take longer, even if by a fairly small amount, is not in any way beneficial to the player. AT ALL.
Just another perfect example of reward not scaling with effort required to complete a objective.

I'm honestly wondering how you manage to patch these things in without scratching behind your ears wondering if this is a good idea or not.
Not suggesting it's good by any means (not a fan of ninja-patching it after flat out saying they wouldn't) but personally didn't see much difference, just 3 spells rather than 2, same number of mobs and no issues with elites... again personal experience though.

That said, my ilvl is lower than some so might just scale better... they did say they were aware that the scaling was wrong and that u should never have to unequip something to feel stronger so I'm gonna hold out on panicking until they've done something about that.
I still se positive things about this, but also negative things.

lets start whit negative.

1. scaling is wrong, lower geard players 800 to 875 seems to be off, mobs hit to hard and live to long.
2. items that dropp has it´s scaling off also, 855 ilvl items for an 890 gear player is not right if mobs got more hp also.
3. due to having bad scaling, it also feels like getting better gear, is pointless, and you dont feel superior, as you should do.

positive.
1. getting WQ:s done if more people are at same spot is easier due to you having bigger chance to atleast hit a mob once now.

well think thats about it hehe, I still think if they get scaling right, items dropps right, it could be realy nice, but we have to wait and se.
29/03/2017 20:41Posted by Zhare
I am just going to point out one thing to people who think this is good.

How the f does this make the game more fun or challenging? All it does is make us grind just a bit harder, just spend a bit more time in WoW. This change does not benefit us at all! I want to be able to blast through quests once I have finally geared up, it actually allows me to have some motivation to...you know PLAY OTHER CHARACTERS TOO!

Making dailies take longer, even if by a fairly small amount, is not in any way beneficial to the player. AT ALL.

EXACTLY!! I was considering re-rolling but then i realised: My alt wont have any legendaries and that means lots and lots of farming and doing ALL World quests to have a "chance" to get one.

The alt won't have any artifact power: This means, yep u guessed it. Lot's of repetative (and let me focus on the word again.. REPETATIVE!) grinding. This is EVEN worse if you're an ALt-aholic and that isn't a bad thing but all these new systems in place make it a very undesireble experience.

I miss WoD because back then it wasn't a problem to have 8 alts and not have to worry about AP or legendaries. Once you was geared you facerolled everything cause you worked for it. Cheers blizz, you really messed up this time...
I don't mind scaling in general. What I have though is most of all THE FEELING of suddenly being weaker. If I one shot something, then I suppose I'm gonna do it for the rest of the expansions. Changes like this should be made in-between expansions where everybody starts fresh.

Regarding the current scaling there is one giant mistake that blizz did. Scaling SHOULD NOT be based on your current ilvl but based on you PRIMARY STAT (such as int/str/dex). Also, scaling should be limited only to the broken shore. That would minimize the feeling of suddenly becoming weaker.
This way unequipping secondary stat trinket/ring etc would not result in this whole thing more unpleasant than it already is.
ah well seems, getting points out is not a good idea here, or having different view eighter.

the funny thing is, people screamed wow is to easy, there is no challenge, and now when there is challenge, par Blizzard said that scaling might be quite off now, people are annoyed about it.
those who played in Vanilla or tbc heck even wrath knows mobs didnt die in 2 shots, it took time and over pulling made you die horribly.

now I am not saying this way is right eighter if people in lower gear is stuggling things need to change.

I know I am gona get downvoted to oblivion about this post but can not realy care.

But I have one question what do you want, stopidly easy mobs to kill or atleast some challenge, or are you just annoyed becuse blizzard didnt tell you about this.