Tank Solo challenge - Bugs

General
So yeah, first off, let me state I hate this patch with a passion. It's an unimaginative, boring grind that feels unrewarding in every aspect. The broken shore lacks any immersive aesthetic; It's just buttered toast.

Also, somehow, you've managed to break a bunch of stuff that was completely fine before; NH mythic bosses being one.

Then on top of that we have to *pay for* every attempt of a buggy solo challenge...

Below I've documented a few of the bugs I've come across in the tanking one for my guardian druid in P1:

- When exiting the Aura, because the boss is disorientated and moving I instantly get 2 additional stacks of the debuff. (seems completely RNG, but hey it is the RNG expansion so who cares).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlI0E6aayns

- The visual hit box for the small Infernals knock-back is completely wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNKAAER-abA

- When facing the eye while strafing you still get knocked back. These eyes were a !@#$ mechanic in VOTW and they're still a %^-* mechanic here. Who thought this would be a good idea? Are you guys even trying anymore?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iMjQxcDOfU

- Using incapacitating roar on the smaller adds that channel their cast makes them *immune to damage*. I have no idea how you achieved this, but well done.
Couldn't be bothered to record this one.

Obviously there are more bugs than the ones I've listed here. But hey, it's not my job to fix your game.
and yes I am salty.
Yep, the mage tower tank challenge is trash garbage and Blizzard should be ashamed that they so confidently describe this as the "ultimate challenge" for people who "truly mastered their class" in Legion. This !@#$ is broken, buggy and doesn't represent actual tanking.
06/04/2017 13:06Posted by Kneikensk
This !@#$ is broken, buggy and doesn't represent actual tanking.

Maybe we should move the discussion from what it is, towards what it should be. What is actual tanking and what would define the encounter as a Blood DK, Guardian, Prot and so on?

I am pretty sure, that what I see as a tank does not fit the perception of other players.
What about the encounter randomly despawning when you reach p2 or just not spawning at all? :D

I have also had orbs despawning on me, are they timed? God knows.

I managed to complete it yesterday, but it was just terrible :/
06/04/2017 13:22Posted by Izyla
What about the encounter randomly despawning when you reach p2 or just not spawning at all? :D

I have also had orbs despawning on me, are they timed? God knows.

I managed to complete it yesterday, but it was just terrible :/

Do they take any of the feedback seriously from the PTR? Or do they just ignore it all and release stuff anyway?
06/04/2017 13:26Posted by Softpawz
Do they take any of the feedback seriously from the PTR? Or do they just ignore it all and release stuff anyway?

It was never on the PTR.

Tested by internal QA, hidden from PTR so it can be a "Surprise".
06/04/2017 13:28Posted by Deadduchess
06/04/2017 13:26Posted by Softpawz

It was never on the PTR.

Tested by internal QA, hidden from PTR so it can be a "Surprise".

It's hard to be surprised by their consistent incompetence
bump
ayyyyy
06/04/2017 13:16Posted by Deadduchess
06/04/2017 13:06Posted by Kneikensk
This !@#$ is broken, buggy and doesn't represent actual tanking.

Maybe we should move the discussion from what it is, towards what it should be. What is actual tanking and what would define the encounter as a Blood DK, Guardian, Prot and so on?

I am pretty sure, that what I see as a tank does not fit the perception of other players.

Sadly its too late for that, they maybe nerf it but won't change it. First i thought every tank would have a different scenario.

How i imagined it if we look at classes:
Guardian,brewmaster, prot warrior: Mostly mitigating damage while someone doing most of the dps and heal us if we going lower than a certain hp %.
Prot pala: I imagined that this would be more of a dps check, because we are doing higher dmg than other tanks, but not 80M hp instead of 40M. We are better in dmg but not by that much.
Blood dk,Vengeance dh: Very self heal dependant fights, but with an environment where we actually have the chance to properly use our self heals.
Also for Vengeance dh,and Brewmaster there was the opportunity to make their mobility matter more during the fight, now its the same for everyone.

Instead of these, everyone have to do the same thing with very little variations, and our damage matters more than our mitigation which is not right. We can stay alive as long as we want but Velen with his lvl1 smite won't kill anything for us, nor the stunned demon hunter.
It'd be nice if they fixed a few of these bugs for the next mage tower.
What I hate the most about it is the fact that the tank challenge is purely rng based like ... Afaik there should be a timer for each spell cast and adds but no it seriously seems rng based . I'm starting the fight all fine he casts drain life and I interrupt it and pam 5 seconds after another drain life. Adds spawn also on purely rng timers. Other than that my spell which I'm using to do dmg is also rng based which is just dumb . Not mentioning the fact that they expect u to have a specific legendary to beat this (I have it but I'm saying that for others that don't). This "tank" challenge for palas is more of a dps challenge... Today I've got to the 2nd part for the first time (903ilvl eq , with 1 dps trinket , the one from tich and the dagger of time, Strength flask and food for speed) and well I've died in the first seconds of p2 but that's not the point I'm going for... basically I've done a lot of dmg .. around 385millions I think just to clear p1 (with 1.14mil dps) . This is just a joke because I don't think I'm supposed to do more dps (because it's still not enough) when I'm a tank...
Did ~20-30 tries on the first tower. Well, literally impossible without legendary legs.

Did ~8 today. Still pointless, the same applies. Tested out some different tactics.

Eventually tested a 30 degree angle facing to the side from a casting eye, got knocked back. Dropped it there.

There is literally no point in even attempting it. Prot paladin, min. legendary legs, mandatory as of current.

+ so many issues, besides the eye problem that naaa, !@#$ it for now.
I still don't understand why every tank has the same scenario. The difference in difficulty for different classes there is enormous. On my DH i always fail on phase 2 after Kruul comes down because i manage to do some retarded thing, but on paladin i can't even get there.

DH one is like a joke compared to paladin one, at least phase 1.

Knockback? Glide, gg.
Adds, with that aoe dmg its easy to kill them + there is the aoe silence + aoe stun, for DH-s they don't give arcane dmg increase taken so i always able to outheal Varris.
the mage challenge is just to bugged, my p2 despawned 5 times on me, and i cant get the adds down unless i have thrash relics, which has nothing to do with skill in myopinion, it shousldnt be a need to even have very specific relics!
15/04/2017 00:45Posted by Thórím
the mage challenge is just to bugged, my p2 despawned 5 times on me, and i cant get the adds down unless i have thrash relics, which has nothing to do with skill in myopinion, it shousldnt be a need to even have very specific relics!

This whole thing is a fiasco, it is a gear check, not a skill check. Many classes require specific legendaries (luffas, ekowraith).

If it was a skill check with iLvl scaling then it could be a thing that lasts well into future expansions and still retain difficulty and rarity, how it is currently though, everyone will have it a few months into ToS.

The way it is now though, I dont place much prestige on it, you just got lucky legendaries.
15/04/2017 01:27Posted by Alphred

If it was a skill check with iLvl scaling then it could be a thing that lasts well into future expansions and still retain difficulty and rarity, how it is currently though, everyone will have it a few months into ToS.

This, my DH is currently ilvl 885, yet i manage to get into phase 2, and there i feel that i still need more gear but i also feel that i could get it done easily then. Everyone will come back in 7.3 and faceroll it when we overgear it.

They said it will be about our mastery over our class, yet when i do the challenge, i don't feel any class specific thing. Damage the adds, the boss, face in the right direction if you choose to not kill eyes, avoid smash. Its the same thing on all my tank characters.

All i feel is that its tuned for ToS gear.