Gameplay Tuning on the Broken Shore

General
Over the first couple of days since players took the fight to the Burning Legion on the Broken Shore, we’ve been keeping a close eye on Nethershard acquisition, and making adjustments as necessary via hotfixes.

We’re rolling out hotfixes that make the following changes:
  • Enemies around the Broken Shore will no longer drop Nethershards by default.
  • Enemies in the shadow of the Sentinax will drop Nethershards.
  • Nethershard rewards from Rare Elites on the Broken Shore have been increased.
  • Nethershard rewards associated with Sentinax portals and beacons have been greatly increased in a hotfix that just went live.

Legion Assaults, coming on Wednesday, will also be a lucrative source of Nethershards.

What we want to avoid is a Timeless Isle frogs situation, where mindlessly grinding a field of mobs is the most efficient thing to do. To be clear—we’re not trying to take away from what players are doing, and we definitely don’t want to make your adventures take longer. Overall, our goal here is to make the Broken Shore more rewarding, improve Nethershard acquisition, and ensure that the objectives on your map generally indicate where you’ll find the best results.

Thanks for playing, and we’re really glad to see you out there defending Azeroth!
Has the tagging/tapping limit for the mobs under the Sentinax also been increased from 5? Seeing a sea of grey health bars and being unable to loot anything kinda blows.
Just tried to farm the portals but it was pretty much impossible to tag anything and I think corpses despawned before I could loot them as well. Please allow more people to tag mobs in those areas.
Good changes to the important things (I really thought the Sentinax was bugged up until this point given the drop rates), but removing all nethershard drops from regular mobs seems needlessly punitive. One of the big problems with world mobs -- and one of the reasons people refer to them as "trash" in general -- is that they often feel more annoying than rewarding to deal with. Giving them currency drops, even in very minor amounts, makes them always feel at least somewhat worthwhile, and so far it's encouraged me to fight far more enemies on the Broken Shore than I would've otherwise.

Given that regular enemies drop good rewards so rarely, I feel like this change is going to incentivise people to ignore and skip as many mobs on the isle as possible, making them feel like an annoying nuisance in between points of interest rather than something worth fighting. The reason people farmed the frogs on Timeless Isle was because they were relatively easy and dropped so many coins comparative to their difficulty. All you need to do is make the drop rates on nethershards significantly higher in the Sentinax area and consistently low elsewhere.

Completely removing shards from everything but points of interest seems like a heavy handed catch-all solution that isn't going to feel very good in practice.
You want to avoid the frog situation but we are still going to be mindlessly grinding a field of mobs but just below the Sentinax.

I don't really get it. Plus now cause everyone will have to go there if they want shards while rares are not up, it makes it all the more harder to tag mobs because they go grey as soon as they spawn even before this change.

If they have no tag limit then it would be a little bit better but R.I.P classes which can't deal damage quick enough to tag.

We’re rolling out hotfixes that make the following changes:
  • Enemies around the Broken Shore will no longer drop Nethershards by default.

Thanks for playing, and we’re really glad to see you out there defending Azeroth!

Few of us (players) actually LOVE to "mindlesssly" grind mobs once a while, but nowdays, there is no grindable rep, no grindable reagents (old fire-air-water-undeath-whatever), no grindable nothing. if think it's a bit sad.

however i understand you don't want players to grind-in-a-raid-or-group.
maybe drop of nethershards from non-elites mobs could be enabled only if solo, but disabled when in a group/raid.
so we could grind if we love that, but not 'abuse' grinding by doing that raid size.

Ps. sorry for my poor english : )
Echoing what others have said; please make the mobs under sentinax taggable by unlimited amount of people.
please change the tapping rules for sentinax mobs, it is really exhausting trying to tag mobs.
do these devs even play the game... such an embarrassment...months on PTR , thousands of feedback.. and they make same mistakes...I'm sorry, but you really have to be +'0+0+0 to do that...
Nice if 'official' changes could be tagged as such Kaivax.

Considering the date.
I am not sure if I understand... isn't the Sentinax thing basically the timeless frogs already? Won't this impact everybody who -isn't- farming frog style?
In light of "not making our adventures take longer", can you please make the solo scenario skippable on alts, like how it works with the initial assault of the Broken Shore at the start of the expansion? I find it very tedious to through these things.
Rewards are exactly the same.
Lets just say that you are trolling since its 1st of April
01/04/2017 01:46Posted by Kaivax
Legion Assaults, coming on Tuesday, will also be a lucrative source of Nethershards.

Is it safe to assume it's Wednesday for EU?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238368645514788866/297659347759136768/wat.PNG

I got no words other than.....What?

I believe this might be an APRIL FOOLS JOKE

(edit: used a link/picture instead of using quotes as im not used to advanced post mechanics)
01/04/2017 10:09Posted by Shammoz
Legion Assaults, coming on Tuesday, will also be a lucrative source of Nethershards.

Is it safe to assume it's Wednesday for EU?

Good question.
If it is on Wednesday then someone needs to hire an EU team that can edit stuff from the US blue post.
You still have people farming like crazy, these sentinax things. Can't get a look in on our server cos everyone seems to be alliance. Bad idea if you ask me.
01/04/2017 03:57Posted by Sarachiya
Won't this impact everybody who -isn't- farming frog style?

Exactly. Now going in doing dailies and getting some Nethershards is a no-go. Really need to add nethershards to the WQ rewards. Basically, they're now forcing everyone to farm if they want nethershards rather than letting people do quests and getting some.
Enemies around the Broken Shore will no longer drop Nethershards by default.
Enemies in the shadow of the Sentinax will drop Nethershards.

There are groups of 5 players running around tagging all stuff and when I open a portal I don't get anything as mobs go grey immediately. Not a pleasant experience.