Nerf Solo Challange bosses

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 39 Next
my goal for legion is and has always been too unlock all artifact apperance for my main it still is my main goal for this expansion so even if i fail twomorrow, 3 weeks after that and even 2 months i still iam too get that apperance before legion ends.
I get that these appearances are the new hotness and everyone is after them, which causes frustration. However, it's worth noting that the solo challenges to unlock the new appearances are intended to be just that; a challenge. We don't expect the majority of players to obtain them within the first cycle of the Mage Tower being constructed.

Our aim for these challenges is for them to be comparable to that of the green fire questline for Warlocks in Mists of Pandaria. In that case, only a few Warlocks were able to defeat Kanrethad immediately, but more and more were able to overcome the challenge as the expansion progressed.

As we progress through the course of Legion, your character will become stronger (through Artifact progression, gear upgrades, etc), which will naturally ease the difficulty of these challenges. Likewise, as more and more players complete these challenges, more community generated content will appear giving advice for those who are struggling.

Ultimately, each artifact appearance has a different source. Some reflect dedication to a particularly gameplay style, such as raiding or PvP, others for reaching milestones like completing the 7.0 Order Hall line. In the case of these challenge appearances, they are meant to show that you've truly mastered the nuances of your spec.
03/04/2017 13:06Posted by Aerythlea
I get that these appearances are the new hotness and everyone is after them, which causes frustration. However, it's worth noting that the solo challenges to unlock the new appearances are intended to be just that; a challenge. We don't expect the majority of players to obtain them within the first cycle of the Mage Tower being constructed.

Our aim for these challenges is for them to be comparable to that of the green fire questline for Warlocks in Mists of Pandaria. In that case, only a few Warlocks were able to defeat Kanrethad immediately, but more and more were able to overcome the challenge as the expansion progressed.

As we progress through the course of Legion, your character will become stronger (through Artifact progression, gear upgrades, etc), which will naturally ease the difficulty of these challenges. Likewise, as more and more players complete these challenges, more community generated content will appear giving advice for those who are struggling.

Ultimately, each artifact appearance has a different source. Some reflect dedication to a particularly gameplay style, such as raiding or PvP, others for reaching milestones like completing the 7.0 Order Hall line. In the case of these challenge appearances, they are meant to show that you've truly mastered the nuances of your spec.

Preach!
03/04/2017 10:46Posted by Telynna
i know but thye should be for everyone well not LFR casuals but for people who want too deticate themself too unlock it and i dotn really have a problem with the challange my problem is the mage tower that after a week long grind too build it just 3 days after it goes down and its back to grinding again.

Great.

Then dedicate yourself by gearing up through the available means, there are a ton of them in Legion, then use that gear and dedication to beat the bosses.

They will not be nerfed. You either have the gear and skill to complete them, or you get to look in awe at everyone who have them.

I am all for a challenge! as long as it is that! the challenge must be in the mechanics of the fight itself.

I will be massively disappointed it's nothing more than a gearcheck that overwhelms you with silly numbers rather than the difficulty of the mechanics.
03/04/2017 10:51Posted by Telynna
My main has 887 ilvl gear and does decent dps but i dont want to try something i kno wi cant complete.

[/quote]

Then don't. Are you doing mythic raids with that gear? No? Why should you have everything nerfed to your level? If you are not good enough, you won't have it, period.
03/04/2017 13:24Posted by Britomartis
I am all for a challenge! as long as it is that! the challenge must be in the mechanics of the fight itself.

I will be massively disappointed it's nothing more than a gearcheck that overwhelms you with silly numbers rather than the difficulty of the mechanics.

They are both.
03/04/2017 13:24Posted by Xdankidanswe
03/04/2017 10:51Posted by Telynna
My main has 887 ilvl gear and does decent dps but i dont want to try something i kno wi cant complete.

Then don't. Are you doing mythic raids with that gear? No? Why should you have everything nerfed to your level? If you are not good enough, you won't have it, period.[/quote] i am good enough and i will have it i may take longer for me but i will get it one day.
I would like to dedicate this song to you OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUM960MAbx0

Understandable but in the end this just means this is the first and last time this Building will be here for quite some time since most of the Players are casual and they probably won't have the gear to do this till the end of this xpack.

Honestly i really don't understand why this is just a gear check again in the first place people just get frustrated with those anyway if they can't reach the requirements, there are enough ways to make content challenging without relying on those and you have the perfect tools to scale gear appropriately and make the fights mechanics challenging so why do it like this?
03/04/2017 13:28Posted by Xdankidanswe
I would like to dedicate this song to you OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUM960MAbx0

Expected Rick Astley lol
Nerfs to difficulty?!!?!?

QUICKLY, SOMEONE KILL IT BEFORE IT'LL LAY EGGS!

The only point which i don't like is that we can outgear this challenge, someone mentioned it before in this post, it would be nice if the ilvl would scale like in challenge mode dungeons back then.

If everyone can just outgear it in the next major patch and come back to do it after, then its no longer the challenge that can be only completed by very skilled players.
Some reflect dedication to a particularly gameplay style, such as raiding or PvP

Speaking about PvP...do we get new ones there? I want a PvP-challenge for new daggers...the current ones are kinda boring.

(Except the Holy Paladin one...but playing healer in 2k17 haha)
03/04/2017 10:33Posted by Telynna
Like the title say nerf it i want that artifact apperance badly and if they are done for only mythic geared ToS players than why even bother making it in the first place -.- Nerf it for none raiders as well it is way too hard atm even for 880 players or even 900+.

Day, freaking, one.
03/04/2017 11:48Posted by Telynna
No do not buff them :( cant you guys just accept WoWs player base is not hardcore 24/7 raiders anymore we are everything from casuals, normal, too hardcore some only have a few hours a week to spend and i already lost the rhok'delar bow for my transmog back when it was still a quest now i get a bow that has the updated skin of it and its super hard for normal players.
I want it before 7.3 or even before next expansion cus if i cnat get it and unlock it for transmog it will feel unfair.

Then start doing the challenge and stop being on the forums.
Well if we can just get over gear with 7.3 and do the challange again than everyone by the end will complete it :) That makes me happy at least.
03/04/2017 13:28Posted by Pachimari

Understandable but in the end this just means this is the first and last time this Building will be here for quite some time since most of the Players are casual and they probably won't have the gear to do this till the end of this xpack.

If that were the case and the only reason to build the mage tower was the artifact skin it'd never get built again after the first time as everyone would have the appearance.
Best not to disregard the bonus AP it can give or the 30% rep gain increase.