Nerf Solo Challange bosses

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 39 Next
03/04/2017 13:06Posted by Aerythlea
I get that these appearances are the new hotness and everyone is after them, which causes frustration. However, it's worth noting that the solo challenges to unlock the new appearances are intended to be just that; a challenge. We don't expect the majority of players to obtain them within the first cycle of the Mage Tower being constructed.

Our aim for these challenges is for them to be comparable to that of the green fire questline for Warlocks in Mists of Pandaria. In that case, only a few Warlocks were able to defeat Kanrethad immediately, but more and more were able to overcome the challenge as the expansion progressed.

As we progress through the course of Legion, your character will become stronger (through Artifact progression, gear upgrades, etc), which will naturally ease the difficulty of these challenges. Likewise, as more and more players complete these challenges, more community generated content will appear giving advice for those who are struggling.

Ultimately, each artifact appearance has a different source. Some reflect dedication to a particularly gameplay style, such as raiding or PvP, others for reaching milestones like completing the 7.0 Order Hall line. In the case of these challenge appearances, they are meant to show that you've truly mastered the nuances of your spec.

You mean in the same way word quest got easier? Because Suramar elites are harder now in Tier than they were as a fresh 110.
03/04/2017 10:33Posted by Telynna
Like the title say nerf it i want that artifact apperance badly and if they are done for only mythic geared ToS players than why even bother making it in the first place

In the case of these challenge appearances, they are meant to show that you've truly mastered the nuances of your spec.

But the OP has a point it seems. It was stated that there's going to be mechanics that can't be out geared but just like Brawlers' guild the more damage, and probably burst, there is the easier it's going to be. With the increasing craziness of ilevel scaling it's going to be much easier for those with mythic ToS gear than it is for those who dont raid or do lower tiers of ToS.

If we take ilevel away for now. Unless these encounters are going to be customised for all specs then some specs are going to have it much easier than others. Just like Proving Grounds except this time there's no ilevel sync, no matter how buggy it was last time.

The OP is correct it's going to be content for mythic raiders, or the extremely lucky in titan forging.
03/04/2017 13:35Posted by Telynna
Well if we can just get over gear with 7.3 and do the challange again than everyone by the end will complete it :) That makes me happy at least.

The point of this challenge to be hard enough to only skilled people have the chance to do it. Thats what Blizzard said when they announced it. If it will be obtainable by every casual then one more reward taken away from dedicated players, they are not getting so much these days anyway, only mythic gear what they earn for themselves.
03/04/2017 13:44Posted by Someoneelse
Like the title say nerf it i want that artifact apperance badly and if they are done for only mythic geared ToS players than why even bother making it in the first place

In the case of these challenge appearances, they are meant to show that you've truly mastered the nuances of your spec.

But the OP has a point it seems. It was stated that there's going to be mechanics that can't be out geared but just like Brawlers' guild the more damage, and probably burst, there is the easier it's going to be. With the increasing craziness of ilevel scaling it's going to be much easier for those with mythic ToS gear than it is for those who dont raid or do lower tiers of ToS.

If we take ilevel away for now. Unless these encounters are going to be customised for all specs then some specs are going to have it much easier than others. Just like Proving Grounds except this time there's no ilevel sync, no matter how buggy it was last time.

The OP is correct it's going to be content for mythic raiders, or the extremely lucky in titan forging.

theres mechanics that are one shots to players, you wont outgear those anytime soon
ret pallies rejoice the challenge is pretty easy if 1. use cc on boss 2. have self healing talents enabled aka win :)
03/04/2017 13:30Posted by Hardtra

The only point which i don't like is that we can outgear this challenge, someone mentioned it before in this post, it would be nice if the ilvl would scale like in challenge mode dungeons back then.

If everyone can just outgear it in the next major patch and come back to do it after, then its no longer the challenge that can be only completed by very skilled players.

I think that's kind of the point, and honestly I think it's the best way of handling it. WoW has always made its high end rewards available only to very skilled/progressed players initially, only to make them progressively more accessible over time as gear improves.

I had a bunch of fun doing the Warlock green fire quest when it was still very challenging, but I'm glad that everyone else got a chance to complete it later on down the line.

As such, and in regards to the OP, it's fine if these challenges are tuned very highly right at the start, since otherwise they would be too easy for Mythic players (who are most likely the primary target audience for things like this). Don't worry about it. Those of us who just do normal content will have plenty of time in the future to earn these skins once gear becomes more accessible.
Challange bosses are hard no way
It was stated that there's going to be mechanics that can't be out geared

03/04/2017 13:46Posted by Rehok
theres mechanics that are one shots to players, you wont outgear those anytime soon

This ^^^

It should have been ilevel fixed and designed around the class/spec you are playing not a cut and paste gearcheck that some classes can do far easier then others.

Problem is if most are sat waiting on gear from ToS especially LFR modes there will be a very limited amount of people putting supplies in for the mage tower.

At the very least Blizzard need to consider putting an ilevel normalization in and review the methods in which each class is capable of completing the challenge.
It just looks like that some challenges are easy for one spec and almost impossible for others. Frost DK doesn't have the same mobility as demon hunters, so we just die trying to walk while they just jump and skip mechanics.
  • Very hard : totally acceptable.
  • Some players will need to wait for better gear to compensate : totally acceptable
  • For the exact same challenge (tank), some classes can do it now and others have to wait to outgear it, simply due to design flaws of specs that were reported for ages and ignored on class forums : not acceptable
  • Can't wait to get to give it a go or ten or twenty.
    03/04/2017 13:58Posted by Stardawn
  • Very hard : totally acceptable.
  • Some players will need to wait for better gear to compensate : totally acceptable
  • For the exact same challenge (tank), some classes can do it now and others have to wait to outgear it, simply due to design flaws of specs that were reported for ages and ignored on class forums : not acceptable

• TBH I am not hyped about them exactly due to that reason. If it is anything like other tank/DPS shenanigans, this means that my alts can do them before my mains due to class "balance".
    I get that these appearances are the new hotness and everyone is after them, which causes frustration. However, it's worth noting that the solo challenges to unlock the new appearances are intended to be just that; a challenge. We don't expect the majority of players to obtain them within the first cycle of the Mage Tower being constructed.

Our aim for these challenges is for them to be comparable to that of the green fire questline for Warlocks in Mists of Pandaria. In that case, only a few Warlocks were able to defeat Kanrethad immediately, but more and more were able to overcome the challenge as the expansion progressed.

As we progress through the course of Legion, your character will become stronger (through Artifact progression, gear upgrades, etc), which will naturally ease the difficulty of these challenges. Likewise, as more and more players complete these challenges, more community generated content will appear giving advice for those who are struggling.

Ultimately, each artifact appearance has a different source. Some reflect dedication to a particularly gameplay style, such as raiding or PvP, others for reaching milestones like completing the 7.0 Order Hall line. In the case of these challenge appearances, they are meant to show that you've truly mastered the nuances of your spec.

This would not be a problem if there was a sure way to get gear but as it's all RNG these days. Some people just won't be able to do these bosses, ever.

But I guess thats what Legion is all about: Some get lucky, some don't.

Great design there Blizzard.
    03/04/2017 10:46Posted by Telynna
    i know but thye should be for everyone well not LFR casuals

and then I stopped reading.

You really are saying 'I don't want these things to only be available to the people 'above' me' and then also 'I don't want the people 'below' me to get these things'.

And my use of 'above' and 'below' is purely intended to describe how I think you see other players...
    03/04/2017 14:08Posted by Havuk
    03/04/2017 10:46Posted by Telynna
    i know but thye should be for everyone well not LFR casuals

and then I stopped reading.

You really are saying 'I don't want these things to only be available to the people 'above' me' and then also 'I don't want the people 'below' me to get these things'.

And my use of 'above' and 'below' is purely intended to describe how I think you see other players...

The best thing that he didn't even touched even nighthold lfr yet he want the skin but lfr heroes shouldn't have it... Flawless logic right there.
    why cant some of you try oo be a bit more kind on the forum? Look when i wrote that topic i was frustrated, stressed and scared that i would never achieve it now i am in a differnt mind set so stop being so rude too me.
    We're on day 1, and people are already whining
    We finally have a SOLO challenge for -all- classes, that a huge chunk of the community have wanted for long
    And now we get it.. It's ment to be challenging
    Imagine the satisfying feeling that'll run through your body when you finally get it
    That sense of accomplishment is great; work towards it, deserve it!
    I was really excited for the challenge mode because i loved the warlock quest chain and after 40 wipes when i finally got my fel flames i felt acomplished.

But after reading some of the comments posted by the players from Us server i am a bit worried, some have stated that it is mostly a gear check and it is really dependent on your class mechanics , if you can't really cast while moving and kite the boss and ads , if you have a long Cd for a intrerupt you are going to have a bad time.

How is the Tank scenario a Challenge ?

Check out the sub-reddit or US forums and see what's going on before re-ashing what Watchers said during the Q&A.

We have seen in the past what happens when Blizzard internally tests encounters.

Tank scenarios are easier for Guardians, with mobs having half the HP compared to other Tank's. How is that fair ?

How is the Tank challenge, asking the player to Tank, Heal AND Dps at the same time, good design ?

Go try it out by yourself, then come back and talk to us about getting more gear.

Especially, when Assa rogues and Rets with 900 ilvl can do theirs because of Legendaries/Spec toolkit comb.

Mass Defect: Legion