Would Azshara want Suramar back?

Story
It has a royal palace in it, and is the only intact standing city from her reign as monarch of the night elves.

I was going through the palace grounds in the nighthold and I thought.. you know what, I bet Azshara would love to be reigning over here again
05/04/2017 22:47Posted by Starstride
It has a royal palace in it, and is the only intact standing city from her reign as monarch of the night elves.

I was going through the palace grounds in the nighthold and I thought.. you know what, I bet Azshara would love to be reigning over here again

I agree, Azshara most likely wants dominion over all Azeroth, being that the old Night Elf empire was massive, judging by the way she behaved with Farondis, she is still the same !@#$% she was.
I would like to see Tyrande,Malfurion,and Illidan face her again.
06/04/2017 12:27Posted by Tyrandebae

We will probably see this happen, if not in legion, in next expansion.
06/04/2017 12:56Posted by Beher

Are you joking?

It'll probably be Khadgar or something face her, since the Humans have been hogging the spotlight for so long.
06/04/2017 14:22Posted by Pendragons
06/04/2017 12:56Posted by Beher

Are you joking?

It'll probably be Khadgar or something face her, since the Humans have been hogging the spotlight for so long.

I'd hate to admit it, and I'd love to argue with you about this, but you are 150% right.

05/04/2017 22:47Posted by Starstride

A lore moment between Thalyssra and Azshara would be really cool to see. We don't know if Thalyssra knows about Azshara's current fate or if she knows about the presence of the Naga and the fate that had befallen the Highborne of Zin'Azshari at the time of the Sundering.

All of this begs for something cool between the Shal'dorei and the Naga, and I can't wait to see something like this. I keep hoping somebody might ask about this at Blizzcon.
06/04/2017 18:01Posted by Mínairia
All of this begs for something cool between the Shal'dorei and the Naga

To be fair, the Naga have (or had) ties with the Shen'dralar, the Kaldorei, the Shal'dorei, the Quel'dorei and the Sin'dorei.

the least with the two short elf races (High and Blood Elves) and the most with the Kaldorei.
Well, to correct you, Blood Elves have had some lore moments with the Naga. W3, and the first steps to forming the Illidari faction. It was Lady Vashj and her Naga, that saved Kael from the Dalaran prison and the two raves spent days in Hellfire Peninsula, looking for Illidan. The thing with this though, is no blood elf today, saw the tyrannical ruling that eventually became, Azshara. The Shen'dralar and Shal'dorei (as well as the other Kaldorei) and this was something that has impacted Elf kind.

Night Elves obviously have had big lore moments, both seen in game and in novels/short stories, like Seeds of Faith, with Shandris.

Now Blizzard failed to provide any lore moments with the Shen'dralar in Cataclysm and onwards and it seems everything they missed with the Shen'dralar Highborne, they are putting right with the Shal'dorei. Hence my hopes for a Nightborne/Naga lore moment soon.
I just hoped for more Shen'dralar lore moments; instead we got the Moon Guard; which are just Lowborn Magisters. I hope they return to Darnassus to train new Kaldorei Magisters alongside the Shen'dralar Highborne; could be interesting as both are remnant orders from before the War of the Ancients-era but one is a Highborne order and the other one is a lowborn order.
[quote]

Thalyssra,Tyrande, Malfurion and Illidan would be nice though I can see Malfurion going Super Saiyan on her.
09/04/2017 03:16Posted by Moridunum
I just hoped for more Shen'dralar lore moments; instead we got the Moon Guard; which are just Lowborn Magisters. I hope they return to Darnassus to train new Kaldorei Magisters alongside the Shen'dralar Highborne; could be interesting as both are remnant orders from before the War of the Ancients-era but one is a Highborne order and the other one is a lowborn order.

You and I have the same hopes, but it's been 5 (and coming up to, and a half years) since the Shen'dralar did anything substantial. Mists, the only thing they did was transport the Divine Bell to Darnassus and that's it.

They were not involved with the theft in Darnassus as I think that would have been great. Remember how the Sentinels had a small radius if you stood too close to them? Well what if the Highborne either had a larger detection radius or had a radius that expanded like the Elite Demons in Suramar. Just to make the mission for the Bell that little bit harder, but also showing off the Shen'dralar a little.

I just hope they do get something soon. I'm not counting my blessings for the next expansion, but perhaps the expansion after that? (Probably at the time I emigrate to New Zealand, but hey-ho :D)
I've not explored the entirety of Surumar yet so I can't bore you with the full lecture. I can however, bore you with my findings so far.

Azshara and especially her Naga minions are a proud bunch, but the latter are more keen to impress their leader, often to a fault. For them to take the city against the united forces of the Horde, Alliance and Nightfallen would take a massive amount of strength. Not to mention the stairs. How do Naga even do stairs? Are they like daleks? Will they be written so they can hover up the stairs of a middle school slowly? Who knows. They have an advantage in entry though - it's a coastal city so they'll excel at taking out naval defences and entering the grounds with minimal resistance. Their weapons and larger forces are well suited to turn the alleys into kill zones, and there's few places they can't get to that the ranged defenders would be.

But then the matter of holding the city remains - Azshara would have to tap into her power to defend it from the 4 zones surrounding it, not including the Broken Shore and Dalaran should it remain there. I remember my first time levelling in the Broken Isles, questing in order of strategic importance - I could go with a scythe movement, or the two ends surrounding Surumar and work my way into the centre. With the forces (mostly) united as seen on the Broken Shore, it'd be hard for her to keep her place without heavy casualties, unless I'm underestimating her power.

So from a strategic point of view, it's probably only good early on. From an egotistical, twisting-the-knife(-ears) point of view, it's an excellent place to rule. All that magical power and history of suffering would probably make her a very happy lady.

Sorry if that's not exactly what you meant by "would she want Surumar", but those're just my speculations. I do love a good city battle.
Umm Azshara never ruled her elven empire from Suramar?
The capital was Zin'Azshari. But sure Zin'Azshari doesn't exist anymore given entire city was torn apart during sundering, Well of Eternity being at it's center.
BUT I doubt she would wish to rule over Suramar, more like she may be craving to destroy it given Suramar is a birthplace of Tyrande.
Wouldn't Azshara actually wish the opposite? To destroy Suramar? Elisande and her people opposed Azshara during the War of the Ancients. The punishment for that is death, as Azsuna proves. So why would Azshara decide to spare the people who had once openly challenged her?