Humans need to get out of spotlight

General
27/04/2017 11:34Posted by Jonaske
If I wanted to play a game that only focuses on humans I would have played Skyrim or LOTRO, however in WoW we have multiple races all with a fair amount of background.

However, that does not mean that storywise, humans have to take the spotlight in everything.

Most powerful wizards are human, most powerful death Knights are human, most powerful priests and paladins are human (game: think of an important Paladin storywise that isn't a human in 5 seconds) Some of the best Warriors were human.

Anyway, I am getting kinda sick how since WotLK you only see humans taking up the glorified heroic status.

Every neutral faction is almost governed by a human.

I am sick of it, I play Horde, yet two expansions long I get humans shoven up my face everywhere I go. Even the Warrior artifact does it.

And they steal all the hot elf babes...

This needs to stop

Edit: I am aware of orcs having that focus as well, but I wish to see more of things besides orcs and humans once in a while.

Although humans are much more influential as orcs, orcs in the end get killed off after a while while humans tend to stick around

Dude seriously we just got out of 2 expansions focused on orcs, let us relax and focus on other classes or races. Humans this and humans that, to answer your question about paladins, hmmm Muradin maybe? He's not human he's a dwarf. Also name a famous human hunter in lore or rogue or shammy or druid, you can't because they don't exist. Believe it or not orcs and humans is how the franchise started so it makes sense that the we have the most lore and leaders in the classes mate just relax and go Orc Smash or something.

P.s edited for mistakes in spelling.
27/04/2017 11:54Posted by Deadduchess
Metzen says hi.

On a totally serious note, how many humans can you name without googling names (and they did not turn into the Lich King)?

Anduin
Tirion
Varian
Uther
Khedgar
How about influential orcs?
Thrall, Garrosh, Grommash, Broxigar, Durotan, Broxigar, Garona, Gul'Dan, Blackhand, Orgrim, Nazgrim the Saurfang family.

Mind you that I don't even play on the Horde side and I know those names on autopilot.

Broxigar was/is part of the Saurfang family btw

(game: think of an important Paladin storywise that isn't a human in 5 seconds) Some of the best Warriors were human.

Lady Liadrin.
most powerful priests

valen-not a human
tyrande-not a human
The real question is. Why are there no truly powerful Worgen in this game?
Sure we have Genn, but at this point he's just a glorified soldier.
My people are proud, strong, noble & brave!
We have survived much but are still only seen as flea-ridden mutts.
Worgen Lives Matter!
They haven't been on the spotlight that much this expansion.

In fact, Elves have been the true protagonists of this expansion so far. Illidan, Maiev, Tyrande, Malfurion, Thalyssra, Elisande, Liadrin...they've all been very important characters.

The new continent was once the heart of the Kaldorei Empire. We have finally witnessed how beautiful and glorious the ancient Kaldorei cities were. We spent a lot of time in Suramar, which is all about the Elves, about their lore and culture.

And of course, the Demon Hunters, the new Class that everyone was hyped about, are 100% Elves.

So i cannot complain. Orcs have had almost no presence in this expansion and Humans, aside from Greymane and Anduin, have also received little attention by Blizzard.
27/04/2017 18:42Posted by Lollarr
So i cannot complain. Orcs have had almost no presence in this expansion and Humans, aside from Greymane and Anduin, have also received little attention by Blizzard.

Khadgar? Anduin having his beautiful moment? Varian and his heroic dead?

27/04/2017 18:16Posted by Shadowdancez
He's not human he's a dwarf. Also name a famous human hunter in lore or rogue or shammy or druid

Humans can't be druids or shamans, and the defias brotherhood were a pretty rogue kind of thing.
LOL! Ok.
Where were you in MoP, WoD? I love how Alliance gets some love from Blizzard for once and retard horde fanboiz start whining.
27/04/2017 19:21Posted by Jonaske
27/04/2017 18:42Posted by Lollarr

Khadgar? Anduin having his beautiful moment? Varian and his heroic dead?

27/04/2017 18:16Posted by Shadowdancez
He's not human he's a dwarf. Also name a famous human hunter in lore or rogue or shammy or druid

Humans can't be druids or shamans, and the defias brotherhood were a pretty rogue kind of thing.

You seriously talking about the defias brotherhood? The Vancliefs? Rogues? What are you talking about? Listen man you need to stop of the human hating because people have had more then enough with Orcs, that's why legion is a refreshing change. Cata was a Thrall story line, Mop's ending orcs, wod all expansion orcs, now the elves get a bit of love and your pissed because what Anduin got a bit of story arc as a human right? Because God knows we didn't have to suffer green Jesus story arcs in cata right? Dude face it you are on Azeroth and believe it or not it was inhabited by all other races besides Orcs and Dranaei for a very long time, so it is normal we have a lot of story arcs and leaders etc. Seriously just chill out.
Not sure if OP is serious? WoD was an entire expansion dedicated to the Orcs...
27/04/2017 18:41Posted by Faolanhart
The real question is. Why are there no truly powerful Worgen in this game?
Sure we have Genn, but at this point he's just a glorified soldier.
My people are proud, strong, noble & brave!
We have survived much but are still only seen as flea-ridden mutts.
Worgen Lives Matter!

Just for fun, I will try to come up with a lore explanation.

So, first we should look at who are the worgen. They are basically portion of Gilnean population, which means only small portion of entire human population. That of course does not mean there should not be any talented humans who turned to be worgen. But with some Gilneans being locked outside the Greymane Wall (for example some mages of Gilnean origin from Dalaran or priests who served elsewhere) and other not being turned into worgen, chance to have some extraordinary mages or priests is quite low for worgen.

Interesting thing is that we know some. Zinnin...Zininn...whatever...is one of Council of Black Harvest, which means he is one of the most powerful warlocks out there. Then there is Celestine, who seems to be quite powerful druid. And while he is not worgen, Krennan Aranas seems to be the best alchemist possibly even in whole Azeroth. And as I only have 3 max level characters, I am sure I don´t know all worgen who are important part of their class orders.

So, why don´t we see those stronger worgen more in the spotlight? Well, simply because they weren´t around for long enough. We have to realize that other races had only 4 years of contact with the worgen. So, when some of them join other organizations, chance is they won´t become highest ranking members, simply because there were many other members with longer history with that organization. Let´s imagine that Malfurion ("Malfurion" "Tyrande") dies. Who should succeed him? Let´s compare our worgen druid, Celestine, with main tauren druid: Hamuul Runetotem. Even though I don´t think there has ever been any mention about Hamuul being extremely powerful druid (instead, he is simply really experienced), he would be the obvious choice, because he has been part of the Circle for far more years than she was.

And just like worgen are newcomers in the Cenarion Circle, they are newcomers in other organizations. So, obviously, they do not become leaders of said organizations even if their leaders die and therefore do not get so much spotlight as races like orcs and humans.

Of course, the real explanation is that when they were introduced, worgen story was mostly about being worgen and defending Gilneas against the Forsaken. Greymane, Crowley or Bloodfang did not have to be extremely powerful themselves (hell, it might have even harmed the story, as it would change focus from the resistance to "me so powerful"), but instead leaders of their people. And since Legion is the first expansion after Cata actually including worgen as the main race, it is logical that instead of creating new powerful characters, they focus on already introduced ones, especially considering they only have one zone to themselves, others being used by tauren and elves.
Gammon is a Tauren...
I think the OP is trolling us :D
If I wanted to play a game that only focuses on humans I would have played Skyrim or LOTRO, however in WoW we have multiple races all with a fair amount of background.

However, that does not mean that storywise, humans have to take the spotlight in everything.

Most powerful wizards are human, most powerful death Knights are human, most powerful priests and paladins are human (game: think of an important Paladin storywise that isn't a human in 5 seconds) Some of the best Warriors were human.

Anyway, I am getting kinda sick how since WotLK you only see humans taking up the glorified heroic status.

Every neutral faction is almost governed by a human.

I am sick of it, I play Horde, yet two expansions long I get humans shoven up my face everywhere I go. Even the Warrior artifact does it.

And they steal all the hot elf babes...

This needs to stop

Edit: I am aware of orcs having that focus aswell, but I wish to see more of things besides orcs and humans once in a while.

Although humans are much more influential as orcs, orcs in the end get killed off after a while while humans tend to stick around

There have been two expansions before Legion focusing on Orcs ... oh wait, Thrall on the whole Cataclysm, make it three.
I personally would do without Orcs for the next 4 expansions for half of wows lifespan its been Orcs of orcraft.
27/04/2017 17:23Posted by Jonaske
Can you name an Orc or Tauren besides Thrall, Reghar, Cairne or Baine that actually is aligned with the Horde?

Rexxar, Garona, Broxigar, Drek'thar, Durotan, Doomhammer, Gromash, Garosh, and more.
27/04/2017 11:41Posted by Ressist
I am sick of it, I play Horde, yet two expansions long I get humans shoven up my face everywhere I go.

Pandaria - orcs.
WoD - orcs.
The most powerful warlock - orc.
The first deathknight - orc.
The most fierce Hunter - half orc (orc-ogre).
The most famous Rogue/assassin - half orc (orc-draenei).
The most powerful shaman - orc.

I'm pretty sure orcs populate as much if not more of the lore than humans.

Wasn't arthas the first DK and the first LK was an orc.
27/04/2017 17:23Posted by Jonaske
Can you name an Orc or Tauren besides Thrall, Reghar, Cairne or Baine that actually is aligned with the Horde? Pro challenge: his name can't end in Saurfang.

How about not cherry picking my post, ey?
I gave you the list I wanted without stretching out of my basic knowledge about the Horde.

Rhonin - Alliance of Lorderon / Kirin Tor
Anduin
Khadgar - Alliance of Lorderon
Alexandros - Alliance of Lorderon/Paladin Order/ DK
Tirion - Champion of light (also avid orc lover which lead him to exile)
Uther - Alliance of Lorderon
Turalyon - Alliance of Lorderon
Varian
Anduin Lothar - Alliance of Lorderon
Bolvar Fordragon
Jaina Proudmoore - Alliance of Lorderon / Kirin Tor

[/quote]

Do make the split between the in game factions, neutral factions and deprecated factions.

Almost all (if not all) named human characters from pre WoW are either Dead or neutral.
28/04/2017 09:36Posted by Khronix

Teron Gorfiend is the first Death Knight.
28/04/2017 09:42Posted by Ressist
28/04/2017 09:36Posted by Khronix

Teron Gorfiend is the first Death Knight.

Papa DK was the first DK of a new generation. Previous DK were souls that were put in different bodies, while the current Generation are more akin to empowered Forsaken.