Weekly "story quest" = kill 100 demons.

General
The "story quests" of the Broken Shore are getting worse every week. I think I have an explanation for this.

Illidan, Khadgar, Velen and Maiev are probably working for the Legion in secret. They are most likely being mind controlled by Sargeras somehow. Think about it. What better way is there to make all the heroes leave the Broken Shore other than to bore them to death with trivial chores? Everyone in their right mind would flee from such an environment. It's working, too! Many heroes have already abandoned the Broken Shore and the Legion has free rein.

What a masterful plan.
Let me play my violin for you, in case you were wondering it is the world's smallest.
We get it, the broken shore is a bad zone.
How does that saying go? Beating a dead dog or something like that?

We already got explanation why Broken Shore is the way it is (they planned to have quests appear closer to each other, with those starting questlines being spread throughout the weeks, but ended up changing it in the last moment). Blizzard also knows people dislike it and why they dislike it. They are completely aware of what they messed up and how they messed up.
Complaining how we once again did not get new questline this week is absolutely pointless. It will change nothing, the questline is already there. Broken Shore questline sucks. We know it, Blizzard knows it, everyone knows it.

The only thing we can do is to wait for 7.3 and see if they learn from this. If they don´t, then please, go on, complain as much as you want.
09/05/2017 09:44Posted by Dorlas
We already got explanation why Broken Shore is the way it is (they planned to have quests appear closer to each other, with those starting questlines being spread throughout the weeks, but ended up changing it in the last moment).

Blizzard's "explanation" was as unsatisfying as the "story quests" on the Broken Shore. It was like smearing garbage flavored honey around their customers' mouths.

Blizzard also knows people dislike it and why they dislike it. They are completely aware of what they messed up and how they messed up.

Do you think that Blizzard "messed up" by accident? Do you honestly believe that Blizzard was surprised that these "story quests" weren't received well? Or do you think that Blizzard knowingly put in the least amount of effort possible? Just curious.

The only thing we can do is to wait for 7.3 and see if they learn from this. If they don´t, then please, go on, complain as much as you want.

Unless Blizzard changes their entire design philosophy and decides to hire professional writers real quick, patch 7.3 will be another disappointment and I will be here (unless the WoW tokens run out) to complain about it, don't worry.
Yes, yes - we know.
And next week will be kill 5 rares or something similar. The week after is called "Relieved of Their Valuables" so is probably open 20 chests or some such. After that it's more similar trivial tasks for each week until the Tomb opens.

It is too late for 7.2 to be anything other than what it is. All we can hope for is that 7.3 and Argus is better than the Broken Chore.

Bliz (Ion) has already apologised for how 7.2 weekly roll out has gone. No point in complaining any further on this particular topic.
09/05/2017 10:27Posted by Gram
Bliz (Ion) has already apologised for how 7.2 weekly roll out has gone. No point in complaining any further on this particular topic.

If saying in the Q&A "Our dev team is very happy about how 7.2 played out and about the broken shore as well" means they regretting it then yes, they are very sorry.
09/05/2017 11:02Posted by Hardtra

If saying in the Q&A "Our dev team is very happy about how 7.2 played out and about the broken shore as well" means they regretting it then yes, they are very sorry.

This exactly.

If I could believe the dev team really meant to what they said - about being truely sorry and making a mistake, I was all for stopping all complaints.

Unfortunately, I don't believe a word - surely if on the other hand they still boast about 7.2 being soooo successful.
Furthermore, my personal opinion, is that the woes of 7.2 was part of a greater, cyncial methods used by Blizzard lately, which have much to do with their artificial "engagement meters", which in their book replaced sub nubmers.

Thus said - "we don't care if you enjoy or not, we only take steps to force you to do enough X and Y, and count that this carrot on a stick is enough to prevent you from unsubbing - at least for enough time".
09/05/2017 09:21Posted by Keilen
are getting worse every week

I beg to differ. Mark of the sentinax is still the clear winner.

I strongly disagree. Sure, the timegating makes things even worse, but it doesn't really matter how Blizzard decides to roll out these "story quests" for the Broken Shore, because the quests themselves are still low effort trash garbage, timegated or not.

I haven't heard this apology you are talking about, but if it has been uttered, I don't care in the slightest for it. I will keep complaining until things improve. I won't stop complaining just because Blizzard "apologizes" for the horrible content they should be ashamed of.
09/05/2017 11:14Posted by Amnastária

If I could believe the dev team really meant to what they said - about being truely sorry and making a mistake, I was all for stopping all complaints.

[/quote]
I think you're being a little harsh in this instance. Ion acknowledged that the roll out of the weekly quests was mishandled and said responsibility rested on his shoulders.
I have not said we should stop complaining all together, I've complained several times recently myself. But on the matter of the weekly quests there is little point in complaining each week. We know the quests are poor content-wise, Blizzard has acknowledged and apologised for such.
We know that next week (and the weeks after) will be similarly poor. There will be no point complaining next week about having to kill 5 rares or open 20 chests or whatever the inane trival chore will be. It will be what it will be and we already know it will not be "content". Yet we will see a dozen threads complaining about it which will achieve nothing as Ion has already put his hand up and the quests can't be changed now.

He implied an apology.
He also did not give any hints or anything close to it, that he will work on fixing the current status of the game.
All bets are up for the next patch, but Ion and company forgot a simple fact - do not rely on people that come on the hype train. Hype comes and goes, you must respect those that stay in the downtime. Especially on subscription based model.
Where was said comment from Blizz. Haven't seen it. Does anyone have a link?

I think you're being a little harsh in this instance. Ion acknowledged that the roll out of the weekly quests was mishandled and said responsibility rested on his shoulders.

Well, i'll be very very happy to see 7.3 and admit that I was entirely wrong.
I also promise - in such case - to admit it in public and to appologize before Ion the the rest of the team.

But unforutnately - right now, after seeing 7.1 and 7.2, plus listening to the Q&A and other pieces of info - I doesn't get my hopes very high.

Furthermore, right now, I'm also angry with myself about believing them before.
I was subbed and kept my sub through all the WoD fiasco, hoping they will change direction. I finally unsubbed a bit after 7.1 and re-subbed to 7.2 - as they promised a hugh chunk og big and challanging content.

So right now, i'm skeptic.
09/05/2017 11:45Posted by Thotgar
Where was said comment from Blizz. Haven't seen it. Does anyone have a link?

QA two weeks ago, you can check the TL:DR on MMO champ or the full QA on youtube :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6577-Developer-Q-A-Ion-Hazzikostas-Si-vash-Nether-Disruptor
6 days till my sub ends, can't wait to spend that £10 a month on a monthly kebab instead \o/

legion is getting worse than WoD honestly

hope you guys also enjoy me being unable to post after 15th :3
Ta
Ok Read that... Showed me one thing. Blizz are pretty darn clueless. A child with a crayon could have realised that there was too much filler before they did it.... Meh... I guess it does prove they just want to milk a cash cow.

As for the comment about "If you are only playing one character, you may only see 1/12th of the content." If the whole of Legion hadn't been as alt unfriendly as it was at the start, people might not even have noticed...

I think it might be time for a creative director with actual vision, not blinkers.
09/05/2017 11:54Posted by Thotgar

I think it might be time for a creative director with actual vision, not blinkers.

+1

09/05/2017 11:49Posted by Trashbringer
6 days till my sub ends, can't wait to spend that £10 a month on a monthly kebab instead \o/

my sub ends somewhere in june.

I Think I'll just finish the class story and see the opening of the tomb, and then I'm probably out as well, unless 7.3 will be ***very**** different and impressive.