New armory thoughts... Meh

General
In case you wasn't already aware, Blizzard rolled out their new armory today! Exciting, right?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/subbie

A few things...

1) Why is it taking up several times more space than the old one, and STILL displaying less information?

(Expected answer: Just like the forum, it's designed with tablets in mind. It looks absolutely ridiculous on a QHD monitor).

2) Why are the stat numbers rounded? Why do you need THAT much space for each tier progress? Why can't I see off spec talents?

3) Where did professions go?

It just seems like an artists wet dream than a functional & compactly designed character tool. #3 irks me the most, as I often find myself looking for unobtainable transmog, and searching for people who might have the recipe was best done through the armory.

Overall, I know it won't change, but as a stat-freak & QHD monitor user, I'm left more disappointed by this than I was by the forum changes. Both feel like they're designed for tablets before PCs.

EDIT: They must've updated something in the 40 mins since I made the post, as it's a lot more compact than it was when I first visited the armory.
It's still a lot less informative & a lot more visually bloated than before, but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought initially.
It's too big... info's so far spread out. Looks like it's designed for Tablet/smartphone users... -.-;
And the crowd goes mild considering the new change.

Was it really necessary?

Like, how about thinking about the state in witch 7.2 is, instead of changing the Armory into something that shows even less information than before.
You can't see peoples stats in the current PvP season anymore
they still haven't fixed bugs with armoury yet update its appearance? gg
09/05/2017 17:52Posted by Harlee
It's too big... info's so far spread out. Looks like it's designed for Tablet/smartphone users... -.-;

Ok ive never played Diablo before, but I have viewed info about it etc. And first thing I thought when I looked at that was 'World of Diablocraft'
09/05/2017 17:52Posted by Harlee

Ok ive never played Diablo before, but I have viewed info about it etc. And first thing I thought when I looked at that was 'World of Diablocraft'

09/05/2017 17:48Posted by Subbie

Well in fairness since the removal of anything worthwhile from professions (combat perks) they are completely irrelevant.
To add on:

- You can no longer see current season win/loss in arenas or rbgs, but for some reason they added lifetime rbg win/loss. Who even asked for that?
- STILL not possible to check PvP talents
- STILL not possible to check Artifact traits
- No longer shows your characters title (minor but still annoying)

I guess it looks visually appealing, but when I armory people I want information about them :<
Eh.. looks very.. simplistic yet busy at the same time.
Also that huge PvP banner for what is such a fringe element of the game is tacky as hell.
Looks like sheit.
To add on:

- You can no longer see current season win/loss in arenas or rbgs, but for some reason they added lifetime rbg win/loss. Who even asked for that?
- STILL not possible to check PvP talents
- STILL not possible to check Artifact traits

I guess it looks visually appealing, but when I armory people I want information about them :<

Meh despite the downvotes above, I really dislike it. The old one despite being rough cut etc I found easier. More info in a smaller space, and info I was after, compared to rounded figures like now.
It is quite big as people have pointed out, but the information on certain things seems to be well layed out.

Like the pvp section for example, it has a lot more information.
Kind of feels like it looks better if you narrow the browser-window down a bit? with a wide window, everything just gets to spread out (as others have already stated).

And showing secondary stats as only percentages seems a bit odd, surely there's room for both the actual value and the %?

I do like that the characters are bigger and seemingly showing more details, makes transmogs more visible. At least that's a nice plus for any "rate the transmog above you" threads :)
Where is the remote Auction House? Or am I missing it?

No way to change character either that I can see.
09/05/2017 18:12Posted by Korrina
Where is the remote Auction House? Or am I missing it?

Was wondering the same myself at first, but seems you can find it under the "Game" menu.
i like it the less info the better means people cant stalk you .
09/05/2017 18:07Posted by Salad
It is quite big as people have pointed out, but the information on certain things seems to be well layed out.

Like the pvp section for example, it has a lot more information.

It has a lot more irrelevant information, at the expense of relevant ones.

Like sure, you can now see your honor level and your lifetime RBG win/loss, but you can no longer see your current season records, which to me is a lot more interesting.
so it show the order hall i the background what happens next expansion?

just going to have to change again in a year or so, kinda short sighted
09/05/2017 18:14Posted by Bussel
<span class="truncated">...</span>Where is the remote Auction House? Or am I missing it?

Was wondering the same myself at first, but seems you can find it under the "Game" menu.
Thanks for the tip :) I wasn't seeing it because I was logged out at that page from some reason.
new armories are awful from a pvp perspective, you can't see peoples wins in arena or their max ratings on that specific character