Best class for solo gameplay?

General
Im looking for a class that has high survivability, so i can easily do all the elite WQ alone, or farm sentinax etc.
All classes with high enough gear can solo the elites or farm sentinax but if you're looking for true easy, it would be the beast master hunter.
Disc Priests got their God Mode cheat on while out solo'ing stuff. :P
warlock is good hunter sucks im not a fan of melee classes but dh is good mages are good shadow priest im not a real fan complicated rotation with the madness and they got no healing spel
Resto druid is almost immortal. Dps is kinda lowish but you have so many healing and never feel squishy at all.
If you truly wish for solo play then running a demo lock with demon skin makes you virtually immortal outside of raiding and M+.
Demonskin in and of itself generates you soul leech shield at 1% a second while also increasing the maximum the shield can block for(this shield is also generated based on a % of the damage you deal and applies to your pet as well). Add to this the 2-3% healing you get every second from soul link as demo and that your pet can't lose aggro to you combined with health funnel/drain life.
It is simply made for solo-play.
17/04/2017 15:55Posted by Luridim
If you truly wish for solo play then running a demo lock with demon skin makes you virtually immortal outside of raiding and M+.
Demonskin in and of itself generates you soul leech shield at 1% a second while also increasing the maximum the shield can block for(this shield is also generated based on a % of the damage you deal and applies to your pet as well). Add to this the 2-3% healing you get every second from soul link as demo and that your pet can't lose aggro to you combined with health funnel/drain life.
It is simply made for solo-play.
only problem is mana heard demo has mana problems but think with enough haste it would be better
affliction warlock: tank, healer and dps in one spec.
Hunters always used to be the solo class of choice, but it's pretty much any class these days. Especially if you spec right.
17/04/2017 19:40Posted by Dbride
affliction warlock: tank, healer and dps in one spec.

17/04/2017 19:46Posted by Lanie
Hunters always used to be the solo class of choice, but it's pretty much any class these days. Especially if you spec right.
yeah hunter used to be best solo spec as bm you could let pet aggro and use bw as a moment where you need burst and do lot of dmg now its a glimp of was hunter used to be . affliction is fun for the aoe with the trait that makes mobs explode when you kill them combine it with sow the seeds and big aoe
Deleted

Well, since you are not the one who is paying the game time for him, he is free to do whatever he wants, if he likes to play solo, then he is free to do so. Back to topic;

Warlock probably, the pet is a sick tank and you can easy do 2-3m content. If you ask me all specs do well in solo content but affli/demo are better hands down, but destro can do well with the cleave.
Guardian druid or BM hunter.

They are simple and very very good at soloing.
I recently started playing again after going idle just after legion started, prot paladin seems almost indestructible, but i suspect many tanks are.
17/04/2017 20:53Posted by Grimdarian
Guardian druid or BM hunter.

They are simple and very very good at soloing.
not so good anymore bm spend most of my time auto attacking waiting for cd because we can focus starve easy
17/04/2017 21:05Posted by Ravinee
I recently started playing again after going idle just after legion started, prot paladin seems almost indestructible, but i suspect many tanks are.

True enough. Haven't much experience with all different tank-classes, but my druid, paladin & DK alts are all specced as tanks and they feel pretty much indestructible.

There are some group world quests, and several of the rares elites on the Brokens Shore, that I struggle to solo on my shaman, but for either of my tank-alts, they're not even a challenge.

Even most Dungeons are easy enough to solo on normal with a tank, especially now with the item level bump since 7.2, so you'd be able to solo most of the dungeon-based world quests as well ;)

And while a tank has less single target dps than a pure dps class, you do have the benefit of being able to pull all mobs that you can see and AoE them down all at once when doing quests requiring you to kill a lot of mobs :) (well, in theory anyway, world quests overcrowded with people from the wrong faction can put a hamper on your ability to round up large groups of mobs and get all your needed kills in one swoop).
17/04/2017 19:25Posted by Evilbefall
only problem is mana heard demo has mana problems but think with enough haste it would be better

It really doesn't. Life tapping isn't as dangerous as demo as the other two speccs. Your demon can literally not drop aggro, you passively regen too much health for it to be even noticable and your sheild + health funnel mean you're never in danger of your pet dying adding to it that it still has both healthstones aaaaand drain life if you're even remotely close to dying.
Demon Hunter is in a pretty good soloing spot I feel, especially if you pull a little extra, everytime I jump an elite/boss mob that might be hard for me to kill, I make sure to pull smaller mobs at the same time, kill them off with AoE and then I can pick up the healing they drop on the ground for me when they die, and I use that to sustain myself in the fight.
I got every class except Monk to 100 in WoD, and I'm occasionally playing with them in Legion.

Affliction Warlock is insane. It is the most serene questing experience I have ever had, and that includes BM Hunter before the WoD/Legion messes. Nothing can hurt you, or even threaten you, except a group of mobs too large for you to get your DoTs up in time. On the flip side, you have NO burst as Afflock, so you are not tempted to go ham, so you keep a nice even pace at all times. My Afflock barely comes out of his class hall, so he's only 840 or so, but can solo the elites while I'm reading the forums.

Luridim, I thank you for the pointer to Demo. I tried it for a while during levelling, but it really didn't come together for me - didn't feel like a complete spec. I'll go get the artefact now at 110 and give it a shot with all abilities. :)

Tank classes, of course, are all very capable. I do WQs on my Paladin more as Prot than as Ret now. As Bussel says, the ability to pull the zone without raising a sweat makes up for the lack of straight DPS. My Boomkin spends almost half her time in Bear as well. It's just so convenient. Warrior and DH are a bit jumpy for my taste, and Blood DK too stolid, so I mostly run those DPS instead, but they all work.
Guardian druid and if we can't kill it, its not meant to be soloed...