About breaking WQGF addon capabilities

General
Prev 1 5 6 7
28/04/2017 18:15Posted by Firebírd

Well it is Tahra, the person most known on the forums for constant preach of wanting mythic gear from LFR and a "casual version" of artifact challenges because he's too mediocre to pull it off. Just in general "I want the reward without putting in the effort", instantly going aggro the moment someone mentions raids or flying because effort is required.

So many blatant lies in such a short amount of text.
So just to put some things right:

- I NEVER asked for mythic gear from LFR.

- I want a NORMAL version of artifact challenges. Not one for the 1%

- I had flying as one of the first people on my server. I put in the work buddy, you have no clue. However, I draw the line at certain content just because it's not fun to me. Yeah I do some other content that I dont really consider fun, but once I have the result I was looking for (gear, ap, flying, a new mount... can be all types of things), THAT is the part that is fun. So I do it. And I definitely don't want stuff just handed to me. However, I DO want people with different ideas about what is FUN to be able to play in their own way. Forcing everyone into a single mould is never a good idea.

instantly going aggro the moment someone mentions raids or flying because effort is required

What?! I don't even understand what you are trying to say here... Where do you get this nonsense. Kindly stop spewing your lies, thanks (also; don't hide behind a lvl 1 character, coward).

Anywayyyyy.... on topic: this change was not needed. It fixed nothing. It only broke things.
I'm a little sad about it.

For me it provided the possibility of actually doing my world quests as a Healer, which is what I currently prefer to play as.

Now I'm back to switching to Shadow for questing, because I can't rely on a team to help kill the mobs, and lord knows a Holy Priest takes forever to kill anything solo.

It would be nice if Blizzard thought of a way to make grouping easier and faster for questing. The LFG interface really isn't efficient when you do it manually - it just takes too long relative to the time it takes to do the quest. It works nice for dungeons and raids and such - things that take a considerable amount of time. But it's not ideal for questing unless automated. Manually it's just a hassle.
Ok World quests just got even more boring. Least invent somethin else, Not wasting the time i have to play doing WQ's that should be done in 30 secs with groups, While not as dps class takin me over 5 mins to do some.
I'll take some screenshots when I'm on later to show you how easy it still is to find/ start own groups.

(Every group that I searched for usually had about 10-15 groups at once)
World Quest Group Finder addon is working again after 0.24 version update, you just need to manually click confirm button in the center of screen few times.
28/04/2017 11:15Posted by Hellpriesto
We've had the WQGF addon for quite some time now. I wonder why this sort of addon is now a factor "causing" major lag issues enough to have its functionality wiped.

I've noticed since 7.2 the addon was attempting to apply to far too many groups, even once the limit was reached leading to spam in my chat. Perhaps this has something to do with it.

I hope that this is a temporary fix for the lag and once more information is found we can get the automatic functionality back.

Likely wont get the auto function back because that apparently was the culprit. From day 1.

It came out now because it took them a while to trace the source of the problem, which really sort of makes sense as well, because it's not as easy as many may think.

Glad they did away with some of it's server-botching functionality. The game feels much better again.
wqgf is back patch up to latest one the author has done a great job of fixing it.
still has auto but needs a couple of minor clicks ive used it today works flawlesly.
29/04/2017 18:52Posted by Draxin
wqgf is back patch up to latest one the author has done a great job of fixing it.
still has auto but needs a couple of minor clicks ive used it today works flawlesly.

Yes! Thank you, I'm so happy
Well the idea was that they were never disabling the WQGF they simply had to restrict it so it wasn't auto-queuing and forcing automatic accepts.

This was what was slowing the server down. All you have to do now is click three boxes just to confirm, the chances are the changes server side would take far to much time and modifcation for one measly add-on that probably won't be used past Legion

So the big moan brigade on this front was that they were going 24 hours without an add-on whilst it updated, and many people hadn't read the blue post regarding the matter properly.

Blizz never said they were banning the add on. They said they had implemented restrictions to remedy a problem.
29/04/2017 19:01Posted by Árani
Well the idea was that they were never disabling the WQGF they simply had to restrict it so it wasn't auto-queuing and forcing automatic accepts.

This was what was slowing the server down. All you have to do now is click three boxes just to confirm, the chances are the changes server side would take far to much time and modifcation for one measly add-on that probably won't be used past Legion

So the big moan brigade on this front was that they were going 24 hours without an add-on whilst it updated, and many people hadn't read the blue post regarding the matter properly.

Blizz never said they were banning the add on. They said they had implemented restrictions to remedy a problem.

Well the author did leave a goodbye message in the previous update.