Please learn the dungeons before queuing..

General
Dear players who play the game just casually,
its totally okay if you dont do raids and just do some dungeons from time to time and its okay if you arent a beastly dps player but please PLEASE, learn the basic mechanics of a dungeon before queuing a mythic+ dungeon.

There are tons of guides, videos and even a ingame manual for dungeons and please just inform yourself and dont think "naah its free loot anyways".

I happened to be in 5 NL groups so far this week where the tank faced the first boss in the group and almost everyone wasnt unable to survive the golem at the last boss because they didnt kite him/dpsed him and didnt drag him into the crystals so we wiped alyways due to lack of damage.

Seeing this over and over again just makes me sad....
Who says he or she didn't know the tactics, and just didn't care?
It happens a lot.
09/05/2017 18:35Posted by Hotsndots

Opposed to what, are you trying to tell me you play wow hardcore?
You're addressing the .001% of the game's population that view this forum with your thread.

That'll make a difference.
Now, where is the fun in that?
Dear elitists who forgot how to have fun in WoW and take the game way too seriously,

No.

Signed,

Me.
09/05/2017 19:42Posted by Shenova
Dear elitists who forgot how to have fun in WoW and take the game way too seriously,

No.

Signed,

Me.

The thing is that doing so you're ruining the fun for other players.
Blizzard created the Dungeon Journal so you don't go completely unprepared into a dungeons, why not use it?
09/05/2017 19:42Posted by Shenova
Dear elitists

Not being selfish is not elitist. It's good manner at the very least.
And to the elitists, please make sure YOU know the mechanics as well. Seen several people getting kicked because they got blamed for a failed mechanic that the elitist HIMSELF !@#$ed up...
I fully agfree with this title.
Title alone should be shared by Blizzard as a general tip - no, I am not trolling, I also find these kind of tanks, healers, damage dealers.
to be fair, he does have a point. M+ is not meant for learning basic tactics, and i'd only ignore a oneshot-mechanic if I myself can mitigate it completely, but I'd never rely on a pug giving me support spells
PLEASE, learn the basic mechanics of a dungeon before queuing a mythic+ dungeon.

This can sort of be prevented though, by mere communication.
Ask if everyone is familiar with the dungeon, know the tactics, and so on.
Problem solved.

These unwritten rules that everyone needs to know everything beforehand and execute everything flawlessly on first attempt.... I don't think everyone is aligned on that. I know I personally prefer the approach of learning everything on the fly and going in completely blind - unless told otherwise. I don't read the dungeon journal, and I have absolutely no intention of spoiling a gameplay experience for myself by reading up on it beforehand. I see it as an adventure, not school homework.

Communication is key. Don't presume everyone approaches the game the same way you do.
09/05/2017 23:49Posted by Jito
This can sort of be prevented though, by mere communication.
Ask if everyone is familiar with the dungeon, know the tactics, and so on.
Problem solved.

again, mythic+ (especially on higher levels) relies on everyone knowing every single trash pack, sometimes even the timing of spell casts of mobs (ie Maw of souls trash packs on the deck) you simply cannot commune this amount of experience over chat.
I don't think any part of WoW is particularly difficult, but they rely on players observing events to improve their gameplay. if you try to skip this part you will guaranteed be a burden to your team
Had somebody join my lower kara earlier, they didn't know how to get rid of the debuff on the 2nd boss, stood in front of the wave and died.

Learning the tactics on normal mythic would help considerably and prevent people from flaming you etc.

Though, the mage kept ninja pulling and blamed the rest of the group (He ninja pulled the boss whilst we were on the adds still, and nobody bothered stacking on me for the shared suffering = rip chests)
09/05/2017 18:43Posted by Salad

Opposed to what, are you trying to tell me you play wow hardcore?

People like you are funny - if someone isn't casual, then it has to be hardcore! Yup, great logic.
How about explaining if he's doing it wrong. No need to be an !@#$ about it if you help prevent/solve your own problem.

Edit: MIght I also add that playing the game 'hardcore' or 'casual' doesn't make a bit of difference. I raid mythic and I play this game extremely casual. I barely log in outside of raids.
09/05/2017 23:57Posted by Annaconda
again, mythic+ (especially on higher levels) relies on everyone knowing every single trash pack, sometimes even the timing of spell casts of mobs (ie Maw of souls trash packs on the deck) you simply cannot commune this amount of experience over chat.

But if you manage to assemble a group that is filled with people who don't know every single trash pack or timing of spell casts, then you are completely within your rights to kick them from the group and replace them with someone else.

It seems outlandish to me to blame people after the fact, when you have all the opportunity to deal with it beforehand.

And again, personally speaking, I've never done a single mythic+ dungeon. How am I supposed to know that I need to learn how to deal with every single trash pack and when to cast my various spells before even thinking about joining a mythic+ dungeon?!
Either the group informs what its expectations and requirements are, or I approach the gameplay the way I like. I think most people operate that way.

To me it really seems like players just suck at forming groups. It sounds like you pick 4 random folks, and then just assume that they are all perfectly aligned with you in regards to running a challenging dungeon.
Pro tip from a casual: Try talking it through, and make sure everyone's on the same page before you start pulling. Might help.

Seems absolutely ridiculous that the expectation is that the worst players have to step their game up so they're less of a burden when grouping with pro players. No. The pro players just need to accept the quality of the group they're making/joining, or be more selective in regards to who they play with.
Learn the mechanics? the mechanics are not exactly anything extreme? the new dungeon on mythic was pretty depressing too.
Instead of being one of "those" players, why don't you politely whisper the party member and give some pointers on what they could improve. You potentially make the community better two fold from helping others and being a nice person.
you need to learn dungeons in legion?