Roleplaying Guild Map

Argent Dawn
1 2 3 5 Next
Hello Argent Dawn.

I've played on this realm since the day The Sha'tar realm started moving over and after all this time, i haven't been able to contribute to the roleplaying community in any sort of way.
As a side hobby over my trucking job, i enjoy web development. A while ago, a guild that i was a part of was talking about a web-based map of World of Warcraft that could show where guilds are located over Azeroth. I thought it was a quite cool idea but had no knowledge in creating such things back then. I've been sitting for a few weeks working on a project just like this. A few hours per day has really gotten the project on track.

So what is this?

This is a web-based map that allows Guild Masters to register their guild to the website and then easily place them on an exact location in Azeroth. For example, if i want to say that our guild is based in Lakeshire in Redridge, i can move a pin to that exact location. It will have your guilds banner visible for everyone to see.
The project currently supports Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If the project seems to be interesting for atleast some people, i'll begin to expand to other islands / worlds.
Alliance guilds are marked with a blue pin and horde guilds are marked with a red.

How do i create / manage my guild?

Once you've made an account, you can visit the account area by clicking on your name at the top. From there you can click on "Add My Guild". You'll need to insert the guilds name, a banner image url and the guilds faction. After you've created the guild, visit the account area again and click on "Edit Guild Info". You can change the background / story of your guild and the location at any time.

Why are you making this?

As i mentioned, i haven't contributed to the game and roleplaying community that i love which made me enjoy roleplaying throughout my childhood.
I've tried to recreate a somewhat of a copy of the in-game map. It supports the same zooming in & out.

Do i need to make an account to see / use this?

The only ones that needs to make an account are the Guild Masters so that you can manage your guild. The map is publicly visible for anyone. The activation email is used to avoid bots.
The email usually ends up in junkmail.

If you're afraid of any security risks of your account, i assure you that it will never ask for any information that is related to your battle net account.

I am going to expand on more details over the time that passes and i am always open for suggestions and ideas. If you want to chitchat about anything privately, you can message me on Discord (Aberidius#0448) or BattleNet (Aberidius#2454)

Link the website: https://www.glaive-star.com

Much love <3
I'm feeling the love here fam
This sounds good! It would indeed help me with encountering new people!
16/04/2017 15:38Posted by Cardner
This sounds good! It would indeed help me with encountering new people!

I hope it will be useful in your journey :)
Looks like a great idea. Perhaps even expanding it to guildless people would be a great idea too. This would give the opportunity to generate more rp around the world. Like merchants outside the capital cities, lone characters that dont live on capital cities and so forth. Though I do understand that it would probably make the map a bit messier.

Still, even like this, it will be a big help.
Neat idea! This'll be very handy for anyone that fancies travelling and has any specific guilds they want to bump into.
Sweet project, I've put my guild(s) up
16/04/2017 16:02Posted by Rogkar
Looks like a great idea. Perhaps even expanding it to guildless people would be a great idea too. This would give the opportunity to generate more rp around the world. Like merchants outside the capital cities, lone characters that dont live on capital cities and so forth. Though I do understand that it would probably make the map a bit messier.

Still, even like this, it will be a big help.

I'm sure there's something that can be arranged for guildless people. Perhaps to create a filter that lets you choose whether you want to see guildless, guilds or both.

16/04/2017 16:04Posted by Étoile
Neat idea! This'll be very handy for anyone that fancies travelling and has any specific guilds they want to bump into.

Thank you very much :)

16/04/2017 16:07Posted by Perroy
Sweet project, I've put my guild(s) up

I appreciate it. Glad to see some guilds popping up on it already.
Oh! I really like this initiative! I have added the Nightblades to the map now. :)
Cutthroats added to Stranglethorn! I'm in awe how straight-forward and tidy this looks. All credit to Aberidius/Adriloth, the amount of hard work that's been put into this definitely payed off!
I really like this idea, i've linked this thread in our guild discord. hoping this project of your's catches on with al of the guilds on this realm.
16/04/2017 17:28Posted by Tínwëtar
Oh! I really like this initiative! I have added the Nightblades to the map now. :)

16/04/2017 17:31Posted by Grizzik
Cutthroats added to Stranglethorn! I'm in awe how straight-forward and tidy this looks. All credit to Aberidius/Adriloth, the amount of hard work that's been put into this definitely payed off!

16/04/2017 17:46Posted by Éorlund
I really like this idea, i've linked this thread in out guild discord. hoping this project of your's catches on with al of the guilds on this realm.

Thank you very much :)
Got my own guild up on there now, highly recommend it to any GMs out there!
Mmmm i've been thinking of maybe a extra feature, not sure if it's possible. But maybe you could put a description for each guild where you could see on which time's they are most active?
16/04/2017 20:49Posted by Brandelwyn
Got my own guild up on there now, highly recommend it to any GMs out there!

Awesome! Thanks for adding it.

16/04/2017 21:01Posted by Éorlund
Mmmm i've been thinking of maybe a extra feature, not sure if it's possible. But maybe you could put a description for each guild where you could see on which time's they are most active?

This is definitely something that i'm going to add soon. The idea is to be able to click on the guild pins and have a box with the guild's information and backstory. I'll make sure to include the option to allow gm's to set their most active times.
Being able to see the guild locations without having to go to the exact zone would be nice. Cool idea overall, though.
This is a brilliant initiative and I support it 100%.

I have a question though, how would this work for nomadic guilds? Or travelling guilds with little to no real "Base of operations"? Would there perhaps be a function to change current location of the guild?

The reason I ask is because my guild as well as other guilds I've been a part of travel away from main hubs and civilizations for days and even weeks at a time.
I like this and it's fun to update! Added my guild!

I think it'd be nice if we could have the cities dropped on the list maybe as well since they tend to have their own maps :) It'd make more sense to say you're in one of the major Alliance or Horde cities then just the zone ^^
Great work! I've just put us up on the map.

I saw there was room for guild info too, wanted to check how other people did it in terms of length/info, but couldn't find it displayed anywhere. Is that something yet to be implemented?
17/04/2017 11:25Posted by Shuang
Being able to see the guild locations without having to go to the exact zone would be nice. Cool idea overall, though.

I'm not sure how you'd want to be able to see their location otherwise. If you look at the top of the Kalimdor / Eastern Kingdoms map, you can see all the guilds on that island and where they currently are.

17/04/2017 12:14Posted by Ellythe
This is a brilliant initiative and I support it 100%.

I have a question though, how would this work for nomadic guilds? Or travelling guilds with little to no real "Base of operations"? Would there perhaps be a function to change current location of the guild?

The reason I ask is because my guild as well as other guilds I've been a part of travel away from main hubs and civilizations for days and even weeks at a time.

You're able to change the location whenever you want. Let's say that you're currently located in Orgrimmar and decide to move to Stranglethorn in Eastern Kingdoms, you can simply go to the account area once you've logged in and then go to "Edit Guild Info". On the right, you can change the location at any time.

17/04/2017 13:06Posted by Árani
I like this and it's fun to update! Added my guild!

I think it'd be nice if we could have the cities dropped on the list maybe as well since they tend to have their own maps :) It'd make more sense to say you're in one of the major Alliance or Horde cities then just the zone ^^

Thanks for the suggestion. It is something i intend to add in the near future :)

17/04/2017 13:10Posted by Gaebriel
Great work! I've just put us up on the map.

I saw there was room for guild info too, wanted to check how other people did it in terms of length/info, but couldn't find it displayed anywhere. Is that something yet to be implemented?

Yes. As i believe i mentioned in a previous post, it's is something i'll add soon. You will be able to click on the guild pin and have a box show with all the information.