Cheating

General
How fast/serious is Blizzard about cheaters?

I met a rogue at the 90-100 bracket that could never really be stunned neither slowed. He could vanish 2-3 times within 20 seconds and not being visible even though flare was used and he had dots on him.

I know they got cloak of shadows, but that does not explain the other 2 vanishes without even taking damage.

He could even hit me while Aspect of the Turtle was up.
Others reported him to kill them within 3 seconds as well and I too was killed so fast, even with heals / stuns that did not work and Turtle.

I know there is a "diminishing return" when a player is stunned for some times, but I fought him a couple of times 1vs1 cause he apparently seems to hate hunters. And I used all my stuns and not a single one was his trinket used to get out of all of them, several times in fact.. ( pet slow, binding shot, concussive shot, freezing trap, none of these slowed him )
hacks@blizzard.com
Did not know they had an email to the subject, so thanks for telling me :)
Blizzard has pretty good anti-cheat, there is very rarely a genuine, serious cheat like you describe. botting is the only real issue.
04/05/2017 18:49Posted by Ixenn
Blizzard has pretty good anti-cheat, there is very rarely a genuine, serious cheat like you describe. botting is the only real issue.

What OP described aren't cheats but only lack of awareness.
04/05/2017 19:04Posted by Sighuman
What OP described aren't cheats but only lack of awareness.

So can you elaborate on how a rogue can use vanish 3 times in a row in a 40 second window? While he was dotted/had murder of crows on him. Uses sprint every 45 seconds?

Or the fact we sat 5 on him and another alliance player and he could get away with 3 hunters using flares and traps as well? I saw him pop up from cloak of shadow, to use /laugh at 2 of the horde players then vanish again.

Cause I see no rogue ability that allows him to vanish twice while dotted up. To never be seen again until at least 2min further into the fight.

Or the fact that i 1vs1 him and he never used his trinket but was not slowed/stunned by using concussive shot/frozen trap and binding shot.

So you might get a better insight since you think I lack awareness.

I see you got what? 10 games in pvp on your char and 0 rated. Guess my awareness does not lack here.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=139585/smoke-powder
I think there is no CD on that, and you get 10 charges if you pick it up.
05/05/2017 01:35Posted by Savagë
So can you elaborate on how a rogue can use vanish 3 times in a row in a 40 second window? While he was dotted/had murder of crows on him. Uses sprint every 45 seconds?

True Bearing maybe. What spec he was?
Um. Vanish has a 30 sec cooldown if you pick proper PvP talent, so it can be used twice in one minute. Also Sprint due to artifact, so it can be used with evasion + cosh three times in a row in 60 second window.
And since you stated that first it was 20 second window, then suddenly raised to 40, I presume you just overreacting and it was actually about 60-80 seconds fighting with rogue.

Also Sub rogues in PvP are !@#$ (same as in PvE) or maybe I'm %^-*, but i can't kill anything except maybe low skilled mages. So if you can't kill something in two strikes it doesn't mean that it's cheating. this spec is very underperforming in terms of almost everything except movement, control and combat placement. If rogues hadn't those vanishes - they would be useless even more than they are right now.
Smoke Powder only works in the Broken Isles, so thats probably not it.

About the post, when you Vanish you have a few seconds of improved stealth that will not break. When it expires, you go over to normal stealth and will be caught in flares/having stealth broken from dots, etc.
Maybe he was a night elf (with the new transformation change you can never be certain what race you are up aginst unless you check armory). They have a race "vanish". As the dots do not do damage every millisecond, it is enough time to Shadowmeld > Stealth > Hook/Sprint away.

I dont really know rogues anymore since the Legion changes, but could be some kind of talent for one of the specs.
Also, maybe it was 2 rogues dressing up the same with very similar names (Savagé & Savagè), twinking up and trolling people. This honestly sounds like something I could do :b
I got jumped by a rouge once.... he killed me in a 5sec stunlock.... fact!
05/05/2017 07:16Posted by Shadowfarts
Um. Vanish has a 30 sec cooldown if you pick proper PvP talent, so it can be used twice in one minute. Also Sprint due to artifact, so it can be used with evasion + cosh three times in a row in 60 second window.

You and others need to know that this was a 90-100 bracket, not level 110 where you get pvp talents etc.

And the rogue is assassination. I know things are not balanced in lower levels, not even at 110. But it still does not explain his actions.

And cause it was a 20second window and 40 second window was because I was talking about several fights when I told about his "performance"
The kind of cheat you are describing is not so simple.
When you make an action in game (any action basically), you are essentially asking the server: "can I do this action?". Where the server would either reply with the action or a "no, can't do!" -message. And if the action is performed, it is then shown on both your computer and to any nearby players.

So what you are describing, is essentially 'a breach' in the server; which is not impossible, but still rather unlikely.
Botting on the other hand, is a lot simpler, as you are essentially just asking the server for otherwise legal actions. It's just a third party program who is performing the actions, rather than an actual person.

I can't really speak for the rogue, as I haven't PvPed much or played a rogue for the last couple of years.
But I can say that it is possible (or at least used to be possible) to make a twink feel almost godlike.
First he vanished 3 times in 20 seconds!

Next he vanished 3 times in .........45 seconds!

All I get from this is that you don't have a good perception of time.
05/05/2017 13:14Posted by Rayzan
The kind of cheat you are describing is not so simple.
When you make an action in game (any action basically), you are essentially asking the server: "can I do this action?". Where the server would either reply with the action or a "no, can't do!" -message. And if the action is performed, it is then shown on both your computer and to any nearby players.

I know cheating in WoW can be a hard thing to do. But I have seen some stuff in Wow that never could have been explained, people hiding with the flag in Warsong, where they can't be hit.. Or flying around or simply 2 shot people. I know cheating is hard.. I have fought very decent rogues a lot and none could do the stuff that this person I speak about.
I know some can perform very well in this game as well and I am not the one screaming "cheater cheater" if you perform better than me, cause I am far from good at this game, but I do my research and I never discuss stuff unless I am pretty sure I got my opinions correct.

05/05/2017 13:18Posted by Barelyheals
First he vanished 3 times in 20 seconds!

Next he vanished 3 times in .........45 seconds!

All I get from this is that you don't have a good perception of time.

I explained in a previous comment that I were talking about different fights there, since I fought him a couple of times / maybe more 1 vs 1 and some were groupfights as well, where he went on me while my team was near to also help me out.

I know cheating in WoW can be a hard thing to do. But I have seen some stuff in Wow that never could have been explained, people hiding with the flag in Warsong, where they can't be hit.. Or flying around or simply 2 shot people. I know cheating is hard..

Or they tap a flag while staying in stealth...