Are we listened to?

General
The other problem(EDIT: The actual problem) is you getting an account to post with over there.

Unless you got it done during certain beta-testing times, you won't be able to post there. At least I am not because my account doesn't have a game associated with, over there.

I'm aware of the "non-existence" of the borders in the internet world.

But try to get yourself a way to be able to actually talk with them.

I haven't googled it right now, don't really care. But pretty sure that it aint worth the effort, if it's even possible. (And this is where the location difference technically comes in, because you can't authenticate yourself over there, unless you use some VPN tunneling etc. etc. You'll be put in the EU region by default)
26/04/2017 12:46Posted by Huzzaa
The other problem(EDIT: The actual problem) is you getting an account to post with over there.

Unless you got it done during certain beta-testing times, you won't be able to post there. At least I am not because my account doesn't have a game associated with, over there.

I'm aware of the "non-existence" of the borders in the internet world.

But try to get yourself a way to be able to actually talk with them.

I haven't googled it right now, don't really care. But pretty sure that it aint worth the effort, if it's even possible. (And this is where the location difference technically comes in, because you can't authenticate yourself over there, unless you use some VPN tunneling etc. etc. You'll be put in the EU region by default)

Well the artificial barriers imposed on regional forums and the game itself for that matter are just that. Bluzzard could lift them at any time, but they don't.

Also, what is stopping the blues from the EU collecting our input and getting into a skype conversation with the blues and/or devs on the US side?

The point is, they don't care. Any barriers that exist are ones they put up, and the internet allows instant communication no matter what continent we're on.
26/04/2017 12:36Posted by Huzzaa
Frankly, it's really simple to understand too. They are in America, we are here, there's over 8000km? of distance between us.

Oh wow. That might just be the most "special" comment I have seen on these forums.
26/04/2017 12:52Posted by Ixenn
26/04/2017 12:36Posted by Huzzaa
Frankly, it's really simple to understand too. They are in America, we are here, there's over 8000km? of distance between us.

Oh wow. That might just be the most "special" comment I have seen on these forums.

From my position, IIRC, plane flight to Chicago, 9000km.
26/04/2017 12:28Posted by Melchior
26/04/2017 12:25Posted by Durlan
To answer this question I do wonder which version of listened to you refer to?
(this is just two examples I am aware there are more.)

a. Listened to as in being Obeyed?
b. Listened to as in does it actually reach them?

So, which version do you ask about?
Or is it perhaps a third version I am unaware of?

the second.
I dont expect or want us to be obeyed. A lot of ideas on here are stupid :P
But a blue post like we got on the ali only quest post saying that feedback has been given would go a long way on a lot of threads.

Very well in that case, yes we do get listened to, and we do get ''blue response''
When they are allowed to.
Now as to what I mean with this?
Very simple Blizzard HQ has very strict rules concerning Dev or blue to player communication due to past events having given the company some unfortunate scandals, like the time a Blue went nuts on some trolls.

As such only under certain issues will a blue post and give a feed-back, or as seen with larger scales systems, either give a long explanation or update post.

Now as for the Twitter versus Forum.
I can think of one logical answer: Twitter simply does not allow as many tags as the wow, forums therefore the Devs rather communicate through a social media that first of all has a bigger audience, but also limits the audience to get more clear to the point of there questions or agenda.

I mean Jesus if I worked at a company and I had to read thousands of posts as long as my own compared to the limited space twitter gives?
I sure know which -I- would pick to answer questions on as i also need to work.

the second option is of course also a very simple one: the forums have never been intended as a communication way between devs and players, but has always been seen and intended as tool for the audience of wow to discuss and argue about concepts and things in the game, which in combination creates one aspect about how the community feels about their product.

and really, some posts takes forever to get to their point such as myself.
So, I'd believe that it is a good thing that blabber mouths such as me can get restrained in sub-spaces like Twitter.

(Not that I personally use any kind of social media outside of the forums but that's because I don't have an interest in it)