Why can't you tmog Tabards on other chars?

General
So there is one thing I'm wondering Blizz and that is why you have to have Rep with one faction to transmog their tabard on another Character. When you've got it and it's in your appearance tab you should be able to use it on other characters. Blizz why?
Because the mog system is not finished yet.

Don't forget - it was introduced in 7.0 and they are working on it each patch - more Achievements, more options and so on.

I would suggest to place the issues you see with the system in the suggestion sub menu, the Transmog sub forum and so on.
I don't think you should be able to transmog a tabard without rep.

It would seem ridiculous to see a Worgen wear the Undercity tabard.
09/05/2017 16:01Posted by Gráinne

OP does not mean that.

He mans general reputation tabards - like for example the Legionfall one or Lorewalkers or whatever. Since the functionality of tabards was changed to non existent in MoP, all of them are rewards for exalted. So you can mog any pre-MoP tabard, without issues.
09/05/2017 15:57Posted by Deadduchess

Don't forget - it was introduced in 7.0 and they are working on it each patch - more Achievements, more options and so on.

I would suggest to place the issues you see with the system in the suggestion sub menu, the Transmog sub forum and so on.

Alright thanks for the advice
09/05/2017 15:51Posted by Warreaperz
So there is one thing I'm wondering Blizz and that is why you have to have Rep with one faction to transmog their tabard on another Character. When you've got it and it's in your appearance tab you should be able to use it on other characters. Blizz why?

It's intentional. If an item has a certain requirement to wear/use then when it's added to the collection system then it retains that requirement.

It's not unfinished, it's on purpose.
09/05/2017 16:01Posted by Gráinne