Anduin's Questline - Where's the Horde part?

General
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
I dont mind Ally get some anduin quest line
i do think tho that it shouldnt reward artifact power, kinda unfair towards horde players

Also i did brought the compas back to Anduin on me ally char but didnt got any cinematic
19/04/2017 08:41Posted by Ázkeban
Is this Anduin quest now live? I have not had a pop up or anything?

It is "A" quest, not a Q chain.
Whoa, whoa. Let's not get crazy here and have any kind of character development for Vol'jin post mortem. We have a new warchief now who's.....er....What has she been doing since Stormheim, if anything?
There's a cool Anduin cinematic on mmo-champion. I was a bit surprised because i didn't see that when delivering the quest in SW keep, and still can't see such option when talking to him. No followup or anything. So what exactly is supposed to happen here and did mmo get it from PTR?
20/04/2017 02:55Posted by Saldura
Whoa, whoa. Let's not get crazy here and have any kind of character development for Vol'jin post mortem. We have a new warchief now who's.....er....What has she been doing since Stormheim, if anything?

Prolly looking for another way to secure herself some valkyrs to keep her alive at all costs.
20/04/2017 07:15Posted by Zafria
There's a cool Anduin cinematic on mmo-champion. I was a bit surprised because i didn't see that when delivering the quest in SW keep, and still can't see such option when talking to him. No followup or anything. So what exactly is supposed to happen here and did mmo get it from PTR?

You get the quest on the Broken Shore, but you may have to wait a day.
I handed it in yesterday morning and this morning the quest was there for me.
20/04/2017 02:49Posted by Runedag

I would rather have anduin quest line then some stupid shard quest that has nothing to do with lore.
I don't mind the fact that this patch is focused on Anduin. Both Horde and Alliance are in this together, and why not build Anduin as a leader on the path of victory against The Burning Legion ...

There are actually references given to us in past Lore that suggest this.

However i do mind the way the killed Vol'jin needlessly! I hope they bring him back. I would like to see more of his story!
20/04/2017 11:39Posted by Deelu
I don't mind the fact that this patch is focused on Anduin. Both Horde and Alliance are in this together, and why not build Anduin as a leader on the path of victory against The Burning Legion ...

There are actually references given to us in past Lore that suggest this.

However i do mind the way the killed Vol'jin needlessly! I hope they bring him back. I would like to see more of his story!

maybe that is what sylvans is trying to do, but Genn stopped her.
Wait, what's the big deal? Do we really, really have to have everything evened out between factions? Why do you people want everything, literally everything to be homogene?

Alliance now has this quest more, maybe Horde will have it in future. Alliance got Horde mounts during SoO raid, and that's fine. I don't think Horde should get Alliance counterparts. Let there be some difference.

What's the problem with little diversity?

Regards,
imm
20/04/2017 12:14Posted by Immortall
Wait, what's the big deal? Do we really, really have to have everything evened out between factions? Why do you people want everything, literally everything to be homogene?

Alliance now has this quest more, maybe Horde will have it in future. Alliance got Horde mounts during SoO raid, and that's fine. I don't think Horde should get Alliance counterparts. Let there be some difference.

Regards,
imm

This.
20/04/2017 02:49Posted by Runedag

Wrong, it is a quest chain. You have to wait till the next daily reset for the next quest to appear from Anduin on the broken shore near the inn keeper.
20/04/2017 12:14Posted by Immortall

Regards,
imm

It's easy to say when you are on the side that benefits from this arrangement.

I still remember when the Cataclysm hit, and Alliance players cried about Horde having more mounts simply because worgen didn't have their own racial mounts.
Of course they went and added few "mountain horses" for them just to keep the mount count equal.

Myself, I wouldn't mind if Alliance gets their own quest as long as it doesn't give them an unfair advantage over the Horde players. Like extra reputation or other fantastic rewards.

It's good to be different, that's true, but what kind of a game is it if it doesn't give a fair play for everyone?
20/04/2017 13:31Posted by Kochin

Irrelevant. I play both Alliance and Horde in this game and I'm completely fine with slight diversity, which this quest chain for example is.

Regards,
Imm
20/04/2017 13:55Posted by Immortall
20/04/2017 13:31Posted by Kochin

Irrelevant. I play both Alliance and Horde in this game and I'm completely fine with slight diversity, which this quest chain for example is.

Regards,
Imm

Just because you play both factions doesn't mean that everyone else does the same.

If they started to introduce more faction specific content for BOTH sides, I wouldn't mind, but leaving one side without anything at all? It is a bit unfair in my opinion, and even a "robo-cat" quest is better than nothing.
The Anduin quest-line and cinematic is intended to tie together the loose ends with the leadership of the Alliance following the events of the Broken Shore in 7.0.

It's aimed to be similar in nature to the second cinematic Horde players saw following the 7.0 introduction quests which solidified Sylvanas as the new Warchief of the Horde.

We're forwarding on the feedback that Horde players are unhappy that Alliance players have a one time source of additional Artifact Power. Thanks for the feedback.
20/04/2017 16:24Posted by Aerythlea
The Anduin quest-line and cinematic is intended to tie together the loose ends with the leadership of the Alliance following the events of the Broken Shore in 7.0.

Yes, because the Horde doesn't care about what is happening with Alliance right? Why would they need to know about the enemy factions leadership.

It's aimed to be similar in nature to the second cinematic Horde players saw following the 7.0 introduction quests which solidified Sylvanas as the new Warchief of the Horde.

Half the reason of why people are annoyed is because you made us wait a week for nothing. Nobody cares about a cutscene on an expansion launch, but a cutscene during the only weekly content that gets added? surely you should have expected more attention / anticipation for that.

Whilst that's a valid point, lets not call it a 'second' cinematic. The Horde did not get a 7.0 Cinematic, we got ten seconds of Vol'jin, two and a half minutes of the Alliance looking cool, then five seconds of Sylvanas.

My understanding of the Horde experience was that the Sylvanas becoming Warchief -was- our 7.0 cinematic, as the other one wasn't about the Horde, but the Alliance.

As it stands now? yeah, Horde is still owed a Cinematic if there is to be parity of treatment.

Also, whilst stories and end results in lore can and should differ between factions, giving one faction a material advantage in game ( even a small one) just by virtue of being a particular faction without an offset to the other is a bit dodgy.

Legion is not -all- about the Alliance, or it shouldn't be, but is starting to feel that way.
20/04/2017 16:33Posted by Brigante

As it stands now? yeah, Horde is still owed a Cinematic if there is to be parity of treatment.

You're not owed anything.

Alliance and Horde should have some variations, people crying that everything has to be exactly equal is more than likely the reason we don't get any cool differences now.
Hordes are such crybabies, holy !@#$. I find this "amoosing".

Also

20/04/2017 16:33Posted by Brigante

Whilst that's a valid point, lets not call it a 'second' cinematic. The Horde did not get a 7.0 Cinematic, we got ten seconds of Vol'jin, two and a half minutes of the Alliance looking cool, then five seconds of Sylvanas.

My understanding of the Horde experience was that the Sylvanas becoming Warchief -was- our 7.0 cinematic, as the other one wasn't about the Horde, but the Alliance.

[/quote]

Must have watched different cinematics then. Just because horde one contained Varian's death, which seems to be rather important thing for BOTH factions, doesn't make it about Alliance.

Funny how you're all fine when you get more stuff, like in 7.0, but now it's sooo unfair of Blizzard because Alliance got something that we should have gotten way before, and that you already DID get.