No research catch up in 7.2, after AK 25?

General
1 2 3 5 Next
Hi, I have a question.

I was away at the start of 7.2 so I started new researches (above AK 25), a week later than everybody else. I wasn't worried at first because of catch up mechanics that existed before. But now, I really am. There doesn't seem to be any catch up mechanic for me. I will be hitting AK 30 tomorrow and many people hit AK 30 a week ago, I still seem to have same research time with them (5 days).

Since AK 50 is still 3.5 months away, will I be always getting roughly 50% less AP from everyone else since that day comes which means putting double the time into AP farming as everybody else for next 3.5 months, just to be on par with them? Or is this a bug that will be addressed?

I would really like an answer to this because getting that kind of punishment for been away just 1 week seems kind of harsh and I really hope this a bug that will be addressed FAST.
24/04/2017 19:54Posted by Daedralord
I would really like an answer to this because getting that kind of punishment for been away just 1 week seems kind of harsh and I really hope this a bug that will be addressed FAST.

A bug, the patch has been out a number of weeks and you want a catchup so soon. :(
24/04/2017 20:25Posted by Someoneelse

A bug, the patch has been out a number of weeks and you want a catchup so soon. :(

I have been away for 1 week, I've already been punished for another 2, when everyone else is doing daily routines, I need to do that, plus need to run !@#$ loads of dungeons, do every single AP quest available, do random bgs, do rated bgs EVERYDAY so I can stay at same artifact level with them.

So yes, I want a catch up mechanic...
24/04/2017 20:30Posted by Daedralord
24/04/2017 20:25Posted by Someoneelse

I have been away for 1 week, I've already been punished for another 2, when everyone else is doing daily routines, I need to do that, plus need to run !@#$ loads of dungeons, do every single AP quest available, do random bgs, do rated bgs EVERYDAY so I can stay at same artifact level with them.

Don't be so melodramatic.
24/04/2017 20:32Posted by Someoneelse

Don't be so melodramatic.

My luck, forum troll finds me.

/goes hiding
The increases in AP gained past AK 26 aren't as dramatic as they look like.

Even though 220k % AP gain vs 290k % seems a huge difference, in reality it's just a +20% AP gain.

So you aren't 50%+ behind others.
I have been away for 1 week

24/04/2017 20:40Posted by Daedralord
forum troll
24/04/2017 21:06Posted by Metalnutz
The increases in AP gained past AK 26 aren't as dramatic as they look like.

Even though 220k % AP gain vs 290k % seems a huge difference, in reality it's just a +20% AP gain.

So you aren't 50%+ behind others.

So I am 2 artifact levels behind 2 days a week and 1 artifact level 5 days a week, so its math time to find average (Im using AK31, AK30, AK 29):

(((380k - 220k)/220k ) * 2) + ((290k-220k)/220k *5))) / 7 = 0.43

So yes, on average I'm earning 43% less than a person who didn't miss a week. And that will continue for another 20*5=100 days, roughly 3.5 months.

Edit: Seems people don't like math
You're missing very little.

You get your 4 new traits and the pick of your best dps traits to 4/4, then the rest is fluff and that endless trait which isn't really a factor until insane AK levels.

Soon enough, people will only be ahead of you by maybe a trait or two (due to scaling AP costs) on fluff traits that don't really matter.
24/04/2017 21:54Posted by Hyunleí
You're missing very little.

You get your 4 new traits and the pick of your best dps traits to 4/4, then the rest is fluff and that endless trait which isn't really a factor until insane AK levels.

Soon enough, people will only be ahead of you by maybe a trait or two (due to scaling AP costs) on fluff traits that don't really matter.

I understand that m8, but being continuously behind on actual power aside, there is another side to this. You are constantly reminded that your efforts count for LESS.

For example, your friend in chat says "Sweeeeet, I got a 5Mil AP from weekly chest for completing M12", on the other hand you got 4.75 for doing M15. Or someone doing a normal raid run gets the same or higher AP than you when you complete a HC raid.

You can imagine how annoying this can become over time when you have no remedy but to sit and wait for months. I don't think catch-up should be free, but it should be attainable somehow. For OR or gold so that people that actually need it can get it.
Since AK 50 is still 3.5 months away, will I be always getting roughly 50% less AP from everyone else since that day comes which means putting double the time into AP farming as everybody else for next 3.5 months, just to be on par with them

No it doesn't. If you were putting double the effort in of ‘everyone else’ you would be gaining much more AP then they would be – you should only be 1-2 AK levels behind which is nowhere near 50% less. Yes, you would have to put more effort in ‘to keep up’, but don’t forget you put zero effort in for a whole week, and as AK advancement is purely time-driven there’s nothing you can do about it.

Catch up mechanics were added way into 7.1 to allow those late to game (or alts) to better catch up with people in from the start where they were an order of months behind, not just 1 freaking week.
Hi, I have a question.

I was away at the start of 7.2 so I started new researches (above AK 25), a week later than everybody else. I wasn't worried at first because of catch up mechanics that existed before. But now, I really am. There doesn't seem to be any catch up mechanic for me. I will be hitting AK 30 tomorrow and many people hit AK 30 a week ago, I still seem to have same research time with them (5 days).

Since AK 50 is still 3.5 months away, will I be always getting roughly 50% less AP from everyone else since that day comes which means putting double the time into AP farming as everybody else for next 3.5 months, just to be on par with them? Or is this a bug that will be addressed?

Its called WORK for your gear/AP if you dont invest time you aint getting rewarded period. How hard is it to log in atleast once every 4 days to get your AK running honestly.. dont expect everything handed to ya

People that are actually putting time and effort how would they feel? That means if you get a catchup mechanism right? Those people who put effort in feel worthless and wasted alot of time for nothing
Of course people who played longer get more than you. Stop slacking.
Another day, another idiot posting a topic, "emagerd I'm a week behind y u no gief catchup mechanic!?"
25/04/2017 17:47Posted by Frost
Hi, I have a question.

Its called WORK for your gear/AP if you dont invest time you aint getting rewarded period. How hard is it to log in atleast once every 4 days to get your AK running honestly.. dont expect everything handed to ya

People that are actually putting time and effort how would they feel? That means if you get a catchup mechanism right? Those people who put effort in feel worthless and wasted a lot of time for nothing

Mate I was in my grandfathers village for a week since he was sick, not exactly wifi hotspot. I've always kept up with research, daily rep chests, weekly m+ chests, up until now. I HAD TO be away for 1 week and now punished for it. There were a lot of ppl afk before 7.2 for months after researches ended. But when they got AK 26 for free, they were ahead of me since I lost just ONE week.

You are talking about putting hard work, it didn't matter i was artifact lvl capped before 7.2, as soon as patch hit, people could make up the difference in 2 hours. Do you it was fair for them to be able to do that when I had to put weeks of effort into it.
25/04/2017 17:51Posted by Ilyadris
Of course people who played longer get more than you. Stop slacking.

People who played months less than me are ahead m8.
Check played time.
http://imgur.com/a/2L6XO
If you're a week behind now, you'll still be a week behind in 3 months. So what's the big deal?
25/04/2017 19:18Posted by Frost
I will just say this again, If you work for your gear if you put time in the game you will get rewarded otherwise you aint getting shiit. End of story please close this.

Only difference of work that people who are a week ahead of me put is pushing one button, one week before me which takes ONE SECOND.

That is the work are you talking about?

If not, read the thread first before posting please. This isn't about AP loss because of leaving for a week. This is about all future AP loss, which will result in me working 200% as everyone else for next 3 months because I wasn't able to push the button for one week. More so; If someone pushed that button and went offline for 10 days, they are still earning more AP than me.

Can you understand that?
25/04/2017 18:06Posted by Daedralord
25/04/2017 17:47Posted by Frost

People that are actually putting time and effort how would they feel? That means if you get a catchup mechanism right? Those people who put effort in feel worthless and wasted a lot of time for nothing

Mate I was in my grandfathers village for a week since he was sick, not exactly wifi hotspot.

Good you have your priorities sorted out. WoW isn't everything.