No research catch up in 7.2, after AK 25?

General
What's the point of playing if there's a catch up system every 2 weeks? Like why would anyone even want that? If you're behind you just have to understand that you're only behind because you just started playing, if someone has a higher AK than you it's because he's been playing the game longer than you, so naturally he's going to be more advanced.
10/05/2017 19:08Posted by Shingara
I like many others stopped playing about 5 months ago and came back for broken shore, so im behind a month in ak but im upto date with story, so who cares.

I don't think most players play WoW for these cringy "stories" they came up with for Legion
11/05/2017 01:04Posted by Neamus
more advanced

mad skills in keeping these researches running
playing

*paying
11/05/2017 01:24Posted by Zbir
10/05/2017 19:08Posted by Shingara
I like many others stopped playing about 5 months ago and came back for broken shore, so im behind a month in ak but im upto date with story, so who cares.

I don't think most players play WoW for these cringy "stories" they came up with for Legion

Maybe yes, maybe no, there are always shades of grey, but at most im about a month behind on ak and thats all, people who stayed loyal got about what, 4 traits for grinding like hell yet those that took a break caught up quick smart simply because the ap gain exploded at 26+

And what i pointed out wasnt wrong was it, that is a way to catch up, and to deter people from grinding like hell before they get there free ak upgrade to 26 that shoots ap gains through the roof.
Heads up to the idiot OP you can que up 2 researches at the same time, thats 10 days of you not having to log in. And if by accident before you went to your village one had less than a day left or smth like that, LEGION COMPANION APP M8! This is 2017 if you dont have smart phone and mobile internet then how the !@#$ so you pay for wow cause that %^-* is cheap as **** right now...
24/04/2017 19:54Posted by Daedralord

Since AK 50 is still 3.5 months away, will I be always getting roughly 50% less AP from everyone else since that day comes which means putting double the time into AP farming as everybody else for next 3.5 months, just to be on par with them? Or is this a bug that will be addressed?

[/quote] Oh... Honey... no... catchup is meant for alts, that's the only mechanic we are getting.
My main will soon have AK 35, anyone knows if i can then buy AK 30 time/volume for my alts like before? I mean when i hit 30, the tome's increased to 25 as it makes sense, but does it go past that? Considering that unlocking 26th requires some BS questing.
11/05/2017 08:09Posted by Yimbo
My main will soon have AK 35, anyone knows if i can then buy AK 30 time/volume for my alts like before? I mean when i hit 30, the tome's increased to 25 as it makes sense, but does it go past that? Considering that unlocking 26th requires some BS questing.

was wondering what about the quest from 25->26 that same
as for catch up then from what i have heard its indeed always 5AK lover than your main unlocked every 5AK
11/05/2017 19:47Posted by Zbir
11/05/2017 08:09Posted by Yimbo

was wondering what about the quest from 25->26 that same
as for catch up then from what i have heard its indeed always 5AK lover than your main unlocked every 5AK

That would certainly be a relief, really can't bother going all the way from 25/26 on alts lol
There is still the catch-up timer for Artifact Knowledge beyond Rank 25.

Also for alts, I'm sure many of you are aware already, but for those who aren't - Your main can buy Artifact Research Compendiums after every 5th rank of Artifact Knowledge (AK). For example, at AK35 your main will be able to buy a compendium with Order Resources that can be sent to alts to immediately get that alt to AK30. This continues right the way up to AK50 where you main will be able to send AK45 compendiums to alts.
12/05/2017 10:33Posted by Aerythlea

Also for alts, I'm sure many of you are aware already, but for those who aren't - Your main can buy Artifact Research Compendiums after every 5th rank of Artifact Knowledge (AK). For example, at AK35 your main will be able to buy a compendium with Order Resources that can be sent to alts to immediately get that alt to AK30. This continues right the way up to AK50 where you main will be able to send AK45 compendiums to alts.

Why is "catch-up" is 5 levels below main? This is stupid and makes no sense at all. It should be actual catch-up that puts your alt at SAME level as your main. I wouldn't even call this "catch-up" as your alt is still a month behind of main... There's already enough endless stupid grind (AP) in legion that makes playing alts nearly impossible.
12/05/2017 10:33Posted by Aerythlea

I'm sorry, but that catch-up is pretty useless. If I have to wait to get AK35, just to send my alts AK30, having every class at max level, you think I'm gonna let all my alts sit at AK25 until I get AK35 on my main? No, they are all AK34 by now anyway.
12/05/2017 11:43Posted by Nindoriel
I'm sorry, but that catch-up is pretty useless. If I have to wait to get AK35, just to send my alts AK30, having every class at max level, you think I'm gonna let all my alts sit at AK25 until I get AK35 on my main? No, they are all AK34 by now anyway.

Exactly. "Catch-up" blizz provides is useless in most cases... It either promotes months of waiting before you can start playing alts or not working at all because your alts already at higher AK than "catch-up" allows...
12/05/2017 11:46Posted by Шокохрюшка
Exactly. "Catch-up" blizz provides is useless in most cases...

Fresh alt, instead of waiting 175 days to get to AK 35 it takes you 25 days. I would call that a catch up. If your alts already are 110 and are working on the AK, why the hell would you need a catch up?
11/05/2017 01:27Posted by Zbir
more advanced

mad skills in keeping these researches running
playing

*paying

Grab a dictionary and look up the definition of advanced dummy.
12/05/2017 12:45Posted by Karzi
why the hell would you need a catch up?

Because they are not at same AK lvl as my main, obviously... Anything that won't allow you to be at same AK as your main isn't catch-up, because you will still be behind by weeks...
Does Blizzard have a legit gameplay reason that Artifact Knowledge isn't a passive rather than something meaningless you have to click on an app or ingame for negligible resources?

I'm interested/concerned as to what actually went down in the office in Blizz HQ when this was decided. Why is there a need for unsubbed people/new alts to not have the same AK as everyone else? They would still be behind everyone else in terms of raw AP.

Have they ever come out and addressed why this is a thing? Or do they not want to since, as many people have said here, it's there just to keep you subscribed?
12/05/2017 13:12Posted by Шокохрюшка
Because they are not at same AK lvl as my main, obviously... Anything that won't allow you to be at same AK as your main isn't catch-up, because you will still be behind by weeks...

Ok, so the 5 months of work you get for free, that ain't a catch up, that's just irrelevant? Catch up doesn't mean that you end up at the same place, it means that you decrease the gap.
The whole AK knowledge system is rubbish and one of the biggest barriers to alts.

Example:
My druid hasn't done much of the Surumar questline but is still exalted, I can collect I think it's 7m from handing in the quest but don't see the point when I can wait till AK 45 or 50 and catch up on my weapon that way and it's put me off playing my alts as they are so far behind and not just on gear that it makes them less fun.

We have Argus coming in a future patch but we still have almost 3 months of AK "farming" and if Blizzard even more AK levels, I think that will be the straw to break the camels back
12/05/2017 11:43Posted by Nindoriel

That's not meant for the alts you already have, but for any new alts.