Connection Issues since the last patch

Technical Support
Since the patch at the end of April I am having connection issues. The game doesn't freeze or it doesn't kick me but it becomes unresponsive. I can move around but don't see anyone moving, can't interact with anything etc.

It usually happens when I am changing zones or realms but it rarely also happens when I am just standing still in Dalaran.

After I restart the game I can't connect back for 5-10 minutes(get stuck on "connecting" or "logging into game server" messages) and when I finally get past the character select I get stuck at loading screen(around 70%) half the time.
I've had so many issues since 7.2 as well. Hope they resolve it soon
sadly im having insane latency ingame around 9pm my time till 12pm and it's only when i play WoW i have to use a VPN for better routing to fix the problem for now.. feels bad man :(
Hello,

We have been experiencing certain authentication issues yesterday which may have contribute to this issue.

I would in general suggest that you have a look into the following article, including the advanced steps.

DISCONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES IN BLIZZARD GAMES

I would also suggest that you try Google's public DNS.

Take care.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Help me get to Exalted with the Blizzard faction
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kraykore
I have the exact same issue and it also started happening only after last patch for me too. I only have connection issues with Blizzard products and my internet works fine for everything else so it's obviously a problem on their end
I am having the same problems for 2 weeks. I dont know if my ISP or blizzard side cause this issue. I am at edge of quiting both my ISP and the game. I dont know where i have to look. I did all the blizzard blue post suggestion posts. If any post with which IP do i have to traceroute will be much appreciated.
05/05/2017 11:06Posted by Kraykore
Hello,

We have been experiencing certain authentication issues yesterday which may have contribute to this issue.

I would in general suggest that you have a look into the following article, including the advanced steps.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/5338" class="bml-link-url2">DISCONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES IN BLIZZARD GAMES</a>

I would also suggest that you try [url="https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using"]Google's public DNS[/url].

Take care.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Help me get to Exalted with the Blizzard faction
<a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kraykore

this happened to me about 2 months ago aswell and it was during 9 to 11pm also im using google dns the issue still lasts and it's not my isp since its only to do with blizzard games lol
Not sure if this is related, but I have lagged out of more than one bg today and also from Hearthstone. In Hearthstone I only lagged out when a Russian friend began to spectate. The bgs I lagged out in when playing WoW may or may not have been vs Russians. i didn't notice. I'm in England. I've had no problems with Internet Connection in general, as far as I'm aware: only when playing these Blizzard games.
Thanks for the response Kraykore, I don't think it was related to last night's emergency maintenance because it is still happening. I am already using google's public dns and I have tried the suggestions you linked but unfortunately it is still happening.
Sometimes resetting the router allows me log back into the game but it is only a temporary solution and it doesn't fix it most of the time.

I should also add that it also happens with Heroes of the Storm. On the loading screen before the game starts it just gets stuck and I have to restart and rejoin the game.
05/05/2017 21:02Posted by Zarach
Thanks for the response Kraykore, I don't think it was related to last night's emergency maintenance because it is still happening. I am already using google's public dns and I have tried the suggestions you linked but unfortunately it is still happening.
Sometimes resetting the router allows me log back into the game but it is only a temporary solution and it doesn't fix it most of the time.

I should also add that it also happens with Heroes of the Storm. On the loading screen before the game starts it just gets stuck and I have to restart and rejoin the game.

Exactly, I actually have problems with Hearthstone, Blizzard Desktop App and this website too. So it's a bunch of different Blizzard products. Again, I don't have any issues with anything else I do on the internet.

It seems to me like they messed up something with the servers in France and it is affecting all their products. Tell the hamsters to run harder Blizzard
05/05/2017 22:42Posted by Dark
It seems to me like they messed up something with the servers in France and it is affecting all their products.

It's not affecting everyone, though, so it's pretty odd (for example I got friends in Spain and UK playing OW daily for hours without issues). If people were at least giving them more details such as which country you're connecting from and which ISP you're using they might be able to find a common point and investigate, it could be a routing related issue since it's not affecting absolutely everyone.
I know there are lots of posts, but when there's a general issue the forums get seriously swamped; in relative terms, the amount of posts outside of things like last night where the servers had to be taken offline for emergency maintenance is still not extreme.
I understand it's normal for most users to assume the issue is solely on Blizzard's servers but if it's a routing problem they'll have to work with whoever is responsible for the problem area, since connection problems like these often involve more than just the game developer and your ISP. Very often your traffic goes through third parties.
Same as Dark: I'm in Paris, France (FAI Numericable with fiber connection) and I *only* got problems with Blizzard services and only since a few weeks, both in WoW (random lags and d/c) AND on those forums. EVERYTHING ELSE is as fast as usual.

I mean, what's very strange is that when I suddenly have +4000ms latency in WoW and if at the same time I go here, eu.battle.net will load very slowly or not at all. But at the same time, I could watch Netflix in HD or play another non-Blizzard online game with zero trouble and if I go to speedtest.net, my connection is well rated.
06/05/2017 10:59Posted by Aurecante
Same as Dark: I'm in Paris, France (FAI Numericable with fiber connection) and I *only* got problems with Blizzard services and only since a few weeks, both in WoW (random lags and d/c) AND on those forums. EVERYTHING ELSE is as fast as usual.

I mean, what's very strange is that when I suddenly have +4000ms latency in WoW and if at the same time I go here, eu.battle.net will load very slowly or not at all. But at the same time, I could watch Netflix in HD or play another non-Blizzard online game with zero trouble and if I go to speedtest.net, my connection is well rated.

+1 this so much

Since you are in France that probably means geographical location is not the issue. It has got to be a problem with their servers somehow
06/05/2017 18:27Posted by Dark
Since you are in France that probably means geographical location is not the issue. It has got to be a problem with their servers somehow

They have servers outside of France as well, have had for years, there are some in Germany as far as I know. There's just no public information of where exactly they are (and with the way the game works nowadays you might be moving between different datacentres, anyway).
06/05/2017 18:35Posted by Nyshae
06/05/2017 18:27Posted by Dark

They have servers outside of France as well, have had for years, there are some in Germany as far as I know. There's just no public information of where exactly they are (and with the way the game works nowadays you might be moving between different datacentres, anyway).

Well whatever it is they gotta fix it, I like WoW but not enough to struggle to continue playing it when it is the only game I own that lags and forces me to restart the game every 10 minutes.

If so many people have the exact same world latency issue on WoW which coincides with a lag on other Blizzard products such as the dekstop app and this website that started very recently for all of them, it doesn't take a detective to puzzle out something broke during a recent change they made

I'm not blaming the IT support admins on this forum of course since they most likely had nothing to do with such an update but they should notify the people responsible
I'm still lagging out of WoW bgs today as well. In England. ISP Virgin Media although it would seem the problem has been caused by a recent Blizzard Update from what's been said above.
its actually really absurd,as a company you have an obligation to your customers and you are ignoring it.IS this thing is in ToS?if it is not i want my money back because i am not experiancing the game when it freezes at loading screens an everything goes laggy(forget about that i really want to punch trough my monitor when this happens).I as a customer want a solution to this its been month MONTHS!! i dont even know how your Project Managerslet this crappy patch come online with so many bugs and fails...this patch never should have been passed Pre-Aquisition phase of planning not to mention its almost at its retirement phase..

from this day on i will stary sending tickets and contacting live support about this issuse rather it is fixed for me or not.Because i know how this makes me feel and i dont want anybody to feel this way EVER!!

PS:Fire your Project managers and get new ones maybe they can fix this failshow and if you cant find proper ones i can suggest you few or i myself can apply

have a nice day now
Hello,

I've also been having latency issues for the past two nights now. I've phoned my ISP and they reset everything on their side, I've restarted my router and checked the cables. I followed Blizz's guide for latency issues by resetting my UI, renaming folders and restarting the game. I even tried IP renew and flushdns, but it does appear that the latency issue is coming from Blizz's side as I can watch vids and Twitch streams without any issues.