Kirin tor quests with flying mount

General
Today I just noticed that some Kirin Tor quests can be completed while mounted.

I saw many people in highmountain skipping the bubbles to fly straight to the goal, same with magic of flight. Is this intended? Is it bannable?
I'm glad these buggy as hell WQ's can be flown past. The amount of times I've pressed dash and gone flying miles forward to be teleported back is rather obsurd.

No, its not ban worthy.
I have a feeling that's not intended, defeats the purpose of the quest. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615442904#post-2 Down voted for speaking honestly, see not ment too be like that, lazy folk love a good way around doing actual content
Why would it be bannable? Most, if not all world quests are totally trivial with flying.
Blizzard was fully aware of this being possible once you had flying, it's hard to imagine they didn't take it into account, if they haven't said they're gonna fix it yet, they probably don't intend to, and I think that's okay TBH.
Why would it be bannable? -.-;

Chances are Blizzard will probably disable mounts while on the WQ in some future hotfix... though the issue is so trivial to begin with why even bother complain about it?
Clever use of game mechanics, m8

Legion has a version of Aviana's Feather, right? I'm pretty sure you could already cheese those KT WQs with that. Flying is just an even more convenient way of doing it.
i just think its funny blizz failed and lets us do it.

but dont think its bannable youve always been able to fly with winds to skip the orbs just smart use of game mechanics. and with flying a little less smart and more stand out obvious its better and faster
24/04/2017 16:53Posted by Metalnuts
Is this intended? Is it bannable?

To quote a blue:-
21/04/2017 09:28Posted by Kraykore
Finally I will be able to complete one of those :-D

But then goes on to say:-
In all seriousness, yes that doesn't seem to be intended, please report it in-game!

I'll admit freely, it's the first time I actually did Like the Wind... on my flying mount :)
But now this quest is truly "like the wind" just breeze through it free as a bird...or flightform in my case. :p

I'm glad for it because even with the added amount of bubbles this quest was still buggy like heck and you'd eather have the dash come up short or overshoot the target altogether.
Well, at least "Mounting made easy" is named properly now :)
I wouldn't bother anymore if they patched this and it wasn't on the emissary
We haven't decided whether or not we'll make any changes to restrict flying on the Kirin Tor World Quests. We did anticipate they would become a lot easier with flying and, as such, we have no intention of taking action against players who use flying to easily complete these World Quests in their current state.
25/04/2017 11:36Posted by Aerythlea
We haven't decided whether or not we'll make any changes to restrict flying on the Kirin Tor World Quests. We did anticipate they would become a lot easier with flying and, as such, we have no intention of taking action against players who use flying to easily complete these World Quests in their current state.

Good. And considering how often they bug out completely and either send you to your death or to the beginning, please pass along our wishes to keep it like it is now. We just want those to be over with.

Frankly, given how utterly poorly Like the Wind is designed, you should just leave them the hell alone.
The Magic of Flight is fine, Ley Race is fine (although I've noticed the sabers are super buggy lately; they LOSE speed instead of gaining it after going through ley points, at least on this character. Might be clashing with self speed buffs?) Enigma is fine, Barrels are fine....Like the Wind is NOT fine. It never has been. You only need to look back at how many complaint threads there were in a short space of time.

Let flying be an actual reward for once, rather than something you arbitrarily decided to take away from us after it being in game for so damn long...
Maybe they could be redesigned into a "quickly fly through some moving loops and dodge obstacles" kind of system, without the clumsy air dash and loooooooooong falls part.

I don't know. The current implementation sounded good on paper, but had too many bugs (different player models going different distances when dashing, for example) to make them enjoyable.
It's not like people cheated!

They worked for their mount, so it should be usefull for something atleast.

I admit yesterday when i saw people flying while i was in my bubble i was envious! :)

But one day in near future it will be my turn to fly too! :o
24/04/2017 16:55Posted by Hellpriesto
I'm glad these buggy as hell WQ's can be flown past. The amount of times I've pressed dash and gone flying miles forward to be teleported back is rather obsurd.

No, its not ban worthy.

Exactly, CKUF those very badly designed world quests.

we jumped through a lot of hoops to unlock flying, a little perk is not such a bad thing?

especially since the only reason people still do the world quests is that 1 in 1000 shot at getting a lego from the cache
24/04/2017 16:53Posted by Metalnuts
Today I just noticed that some Kirin Tor quests can be completed while mounted.

I saw many people in highmountain skipping the bubbles to fly straight to the goal, same with magic of flight. Is this intended? Is it bannable?

i have been doing this for months using a goblin glider and clever positioning to get the best vantage point to start from, i fail to see how forcing ppl that have been doing it this way for months to do it "properly" is helpful in any way when the quests themselves usually bug out and you either fall to your death or get ported here, there and everywhere but the place you want to be.