Link Keymaster..

General
Is what everyone asks for nowadays, for a +10 Keystone... A +10 Mythic is far easier than a +15 pre-patch, so why are people asking for Keymaster achivement for a +10?
For the same reason people ask for 880+ ilevel for a NH normal run.
Basically, they want their run to be as smooth as possible and asking for higher grade achievements and ilevels is an alright way to make sure their pugs don't suck.
Sometimes they do. I don't have it, don't care. Either pick or I'll somewhere else. Keymaster doesn't equal someone that plays good and knows the tactics but some people think it does - either from raid achievements or from seeing other posting similar requirement.

Did NL 14 in time last week and groups that check wowprogress can even see that... and that's the better solution than a one-time achievement that doesn't say anything.
30/04/2017 00:09Posted by Shamjenna
Basically, they want their run to be as smooth as possible and asking for higher grade achievements and ilevels is an alright way to make sure their pugs don't suck.

Having achievements don't really mean anything, they could have got carried for all we know. And also gear is all about RNG, so a bad player will most likely get chosen because of how lucky he was with gear than someone skilled that isn't so lucky.
People will ask for things that makes their life easier, and I'll be one that'll say an old 15 is way harder than current 10s. I'd rather if i have to pug(I dont in reality) be 100% that they did a dungeon when they where significantly harder than they are now. It in general means that the player will perform better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSp5QwKRwqM
04/05/2017 14:12Posted by Versorius
30/04/2017 00:09Posted by Shamjenna

Having achievements don't really mean anything, they could have got carried for all we know. And also gear is all about RNG, so a bad player will most likely get chosen because of how lucky he was with gear than someone skilled that isn't so lucky.

There are more people with the achievement that didn't get carried than those who did.

Even though gear is fairly RNG in legion, it's still a fact that better players generally have better gear than lesser skilled players.
asking for higher grade achievements and ilevels is an alright way to make sure their pugs don't suck.

I've had people in my group with high ilvl under-performing big time for their gear and failing the easiest mechanics, heck, I even out damaged the Mage I'm on about and that's both single and overall damage. (As a tank)

04/05/2017 15:38Posted by Narcind
it's still a fact that better players generally have better gear than lesser skilled players.

Not a fact, maybe a majority yes, but then the other majority, no. I've seen plenty of bad players get great drops, does that mean they're good? Not at all.

inviting randoms because of their Ilvl is also an RNG mechanic, you don't know for sure how they perform. A tank got curve for dying on Gul'dan in the first phase, I ended up tanking the rest solo, yet he got an achivement everyone asks for to get invited.

It's pointless asking for Keymaster achievement for a +10 because it doesn't show how they perform, it just shows they had a decent enough group to get it.
I normally ask for people to link a mythic kiljaden kill for +2's and stuff. Then at least I know the people that sign up have a sense of humour.
04/05/2017 19:04Posted by Barelyheals
I normally ask for people to link a mythic kiljaden kill for +2's and stuff. Then at least I know the people that sign up have a sense of humour.

Good one!

On the topic.
I never ask for any achiev., in spite of Item-lvl not being a 100% reliable source I only use that and of course poke some specific classes over others.
Because there is a positive correlation between a player having the achievement and knowing what to do.
Just like there is a positive correlation between a player's gear and damage/healing output.
It's not foolproof, so you can of course always find exceptions.

I'm not supporting those (sometimes) ridiculous requirements, but it's not really a mystery why it happens.
Another reason, with the affixes. Some classes work better than others against them (or for them, soul flame during bursting anyone?) but it's faster to find an overgeared player than someone of the spec you want.
And more dps is just simply more chance of beating the timer.
It's the way it is, we'll see how the forthcoming changes will influence this.
It is all part of how there is no penalty in this game world for picking overqualified people.
In the real life you need to pay them more for having those extra qualifications.

In any case I only run my own keystones so nobody can tell me what they expect me to be like ;)
I link my level 110 achievement, for some reason it works.
04/05/2017 19:00Posted by Versie

04/05/2017 15:38Posted by Narcind
it's still a fact that better players generally have better gear than lesser skilled players.

Not a fact, maybe a majority yes, but then the other majority, no. I've seen plenty of bad players get great drops, does that mean they're good? Not at all.

inviting randoms because of their Ilvl is also an RNG mechanic, you don't know for sure how they perform. A tank got curve for dying on Gul'dan in the first phase, I ended up tanking the rest solo, yet he got an achivement everyone asks for to get invited.

It's pointless asking for Keymaster achievement for a +10 because it doesn't show how they perform, it just shows they had a decent enough group to get it.

Yes, some bad players will have comparaively good gear and some good players will have comparatively bad gear. That is not the average though, on average, a player with an average ilvl of 905 is going to be better than a player with an average ilvl of 885, as the player with 905 gear will likely have cleared more challenging content in order to get all that gear.
It's because everything about the mythic+ system is garbage. The single worst idea they ever cooked up along with titanforging. It's the least creative way possible to create challenging content to keep us busy until new content.

They could have just made it harder. That's it. No stupid timer nonsense. Just make em like they used to be in TBC. If it takes 2h of wiping to complete that's fine. If someone leaves get a new guy. This way everyone gets to try, but only the skilled will finish them.

At least they are getting rid of the retarded depleted system. Thank god for that.
Ilvl requirements I can somewhat see the reasons for that but asking for achievements for something that was a lot harder to do is pushing it for a +10.