Breaching the Tomb is soo immersive

General
In the last few weeks:

• Gather 2k nethershards
  • Do 12 WQs on the Broken Shore
  • Kill 100 demons
  • Pathetic amount of "content" I'm getting spoon-fed every week.
    But as usual blizzard knows what's best for their customers right?
    Looking at the low quality content on the Broken Shore, I honestly wonder what Blizzard is doing with all the subscription money. Such low effort would be unacceptable even if World of Warcraft was free2play.
    Im hoping the lack of immersive content now is an indication that most of their FTE is committed to argus to make that as amazing as possible.

#rosetintedglasses

I'd imagine it's likely a large part of the blizzard developers are starting to move over to building of the next expansion though. Assuming a Q3/4 2018 release that's only 18 months away.
    Hey, you forgot about gathering 100 marks for Illidan.
    There is no excuse for the Broken Chore. It's so mundane, It's funner to quest in Mulgore or Teldrassil.

They let themselves and their customers down.

BUT they get paid. -.-
    There is no excuse for the Broken Chore. It's so mundane, It's funner to quest in Mulgore or Teldrassil.
    BUT they get paid. -.-

It's more fun to quest in the Twisting nether in BC Outland...
    Don't worry they'll find some way to blame the playerbase for it.

"We never intended the quests to be done at all! They're just there so you see a quest available any time you log in, you weren't suppose to actually complete it! To prevent further misunderstandings about how I, the great Ion Hazzikostas, intend you to play this game, we'll just make it so you have to kill a million demons next time, so you have something to progress towards."
    10/05/2017 09:33Posted by Aeôn

They let themselves and their customers down.

BUT they get paid. -.-

If people started unsubbing in huge numbers they wouldn't get paid and then they might think about making good content since they've lost subs but people don't want to unsub :/
    10/05/2017 09:28Posted by Neg
    Im hoping the lack of immersive content now is an indication that most of their FTE is committed to argus to make that as amazing as possible.

[/quote]

For much how much longer is this excuse gonna fly?
    "SoO is lasting so long because they're working on the next expansion"
    "WoD is garbage because they're putting all their effort into legion"
    "7.2 is empty because Argus will be awesome"

Let's get some perspective, shall we?
    10/05/2017 09:24Posted by Feast
    I honestly wonder what Blizzard is doing with all the subscription money.

I believe I can help you there... last I heard their heating system was down so they now burn money in metal drums in each room, whilst muttering about how 'they don't know what they want'....
    Don't worry, next week will be something really immersive like: Kill 10 elites :^)
    10/05/2017 09:31Posted by Shumensko

This is probably my least favorite. None of them add anything to the story, but at least most of them more or less happen by themselves given enough time.

Sentinax though is really not something I spend any time on, so I've got more than one alt stuck on this step.

Not that it's difficult to complete, it's just the one (for me at least) that's most difficult to find the motivation to spend any time on.
    10/05/2017 15:33Posted by Bussel
    10/05/2017 09:31Posted by Shumensko

This is probably my least favorite. None of them add anything to the story, but at least most of them more or less happen by themselves given enough time.

Sentinax though is really not something I spend any time on, so I've got more than one alt stuck on this step.

Not that it's difficult to complete, it's just the one (for me at least) that's most difficult to find the motivation to spend any time on.

Yes, same for me. As a matter of fact I was at 12/100 when i just couldn't do it anymore and stopped doing the whole questline.
    10/05/2017 15:51Posted by Shumensko
    10/05/2017 15:33Posted by Bussel

Yes, same for me. As a matter of fact I was at 12/100 when i just couldn't do it anymore and stopped doing the whole questline.

Go to the spiders in falanaar. They are extremly weak and huge in numbers, took me around 15 minutes to complete the quest.
    they keep saying "more devs" but tbh its less devs we need, specifically less Ion and people like him
    10/05/2017 15:58Posted by Ahziral
    Go to the spiders in falanaar. They are extremly weak and huge in numbers, took me around 15 minutes to complete the quest.

he's talking about sentinax, not this week's crap
    so...how immersive is the actual raid? *no spoilers please*
    10/05/2017 15:23Posted by Highwínd

For much how much longer is this excuse gonna fly?
    "SoO is lasting so long because they're working on the next expansion"
    "WoD is garbage because they're putting all their effort into legion"
    "7.2 is empty because Argus will be awesome"

Let's get some perspective, shall we?

My perspective is that building whole new game areas (outland, northrend, pandaria, draenor, broken isles) must require a hell of alot of man hours. So they must need to ramp this resource up WELL in advance of an expansion launch; years in advance. (This is on top of additional elements such a new dungeons/raids/scenarios in the new 'world').

Additionally, man hours are a resource that cost money and blizz still need to present a healthy P+L to the shareholders, so cant sink endless funds into it. Hense the need to balance current/future content development.

You can call it an excuse, i'd look at it as an unavoidable real world challenge which has to be managed.

Could blizz communicate how they strike this balance better? Ofcourse!!

Do blizz want to disclose the % of workforce they have working on legion vs. Future content/expansions onto the bloodbath of the forums? Highly unlikely.

Saying that, i agree the 7.2 quest line is rubbish.
    Looking at the low quality content on the Broken Shore, I honestly wonder what Blizzard is doing with all the subscription money. Such low effort would be unacceptable even if World of Warcraft was free2play.

Probably goes into designing a new waifu for Overwatch.
    The peanut gallery brings in the big bucks.

I just had an awesome mach in Overwatch.....there's your subscription money...